Steve Corica to be announced new Sydney FC manager

Steve Corica to be announced new Sydney FC manager

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Club announcement at 2pm is widely tipped to announce Corica

ARNIE= LEGEND

Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Would be nice to see him do well, see Sydney really go from strength to strength, and become the regional powerhouse that Arnie spoke of.

Having said that, anyone else feel that there's potential for this appointment to be "The Brains 2.0"?
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Tom AUFC - 16 May 2018 10:35 AM
Would be nice to see him do well, see Sydney really go from strength to strength, and become the regional powerhouse that Arnie spoke of.Having said that, anyone else feel that there's potential for this appointment to be "The Brains 2.0"?

You referring to Vidosic ?
Reckon Corica has waited and learned long enough, he is due his chance  
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Makes sense with a relatively settled squad.  If he doesn't do well next year, a new manager will have more of an opportunity to mould a team in his liking. 

I don;t see any reason why he can't be successful. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I think this is a sensible choice, it continues the work Arnie has put in place hopefully Bimbi evolves the team a bit as they got found out tactically at the end. 
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

I'm not so sure about this,  I certainly hope he does well and he has waited long enough but I'm just not sure he has the first team experience for the job.  

He would have learnt a bit off Arnie which best case will see him continue to get some consistent results but will he be able to successfully implement his own style? 

We will see I guess,  as with everything in this league it will come down to recruiting well and negotiating the cap. 

Beaten by Eldar

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Eldar - 16 May 2018 12:09 PM
I'm not so sure about this,  I certainly hope he does well and he has waited long enough but I'm just not sure he has the first team experience for the job.  

He would have learnt a bit off Arnie which best case will see him continue to get some consistent results but will he be able to successfully implement his own style? 

We will see I guess,  as with everything in this league it will come down to recruiting well and negotiating the cap. 

Hes been an assistant under Lavicka, Farina, Crook and Arnie. Definitely had the time to learn the highs and lows

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well its now formal........

Sydney FC hasappointed Hall of Fame Member #1 and 2010 Hyundai A-League double winningcaptain Steve Corica as its new Head Coach, Chairman Scott Barlow announcedtoday.Corica becomes HeadCoach having served as Assistant Coach to the Hyundai A-League squad during thelast four highly successful seasons and as Foxtel National Youth League HeadCoach before that where he won the Championship in 2014.The 45-year old hasexperienced eight years within the Sky Blues coaching set up and takes the nextstep on his coaching journey.Chairman ScottBarlow said: “I am delighted to announce Steve Corica as our new Head Coach.“Steve has been anintegral part of our club’s success over the last two years, he has provenhimself to be an outstanding coach and is well and truly ready to take on thisrole.“Steve is a legendof our club, he has been a Sydney FC player, captain, youth coach, assistantcoach and now becomes Head Coach.“We are proud to beable to promote from within, it is yet another sign of our progress andmaturity as a club.“His appointmentprovides us with continuity as we look to build on our many recent successesand deliver more silverware to our Members and fans.”Corica scored theSky Blues’ winning goal in the inaugural Hyundai A-League Final in 2006 hasbeen with the club since inception having played 137 times, scoring 31 goals.In 2007 he scoredSydney FC’s first ever goal in AFC Champions League football when opening thescoring in the first match away to Shanghai Shenhua.He captained thesquad to the 2010 Championship and Premiership double before announcing hisretirement from playing and joining the Sydney FC coaching staff the followingseason.In 2015 Corica wasthe first person to be inducted into the Sydney FC Hall of Fame at the SkyBlues 10 Year Anniversary lunch and said he was looking forward to working withthe players and staff.“I’m ecstatic andhonoured to be the new Head Coach of Sydney FC, it’s a great club that isextremely close to my heart and one I am very passionate about,” he said.“I’ve been heresince day one, as a player, a captain, a youth team coach and an A-Leagueassistant coach and now it’s the right time to step up. It’s a huge privilege.“We’ve a verytalented group of players and staff and with the majority of the squad from thelast two years staying together, we want to grow the club and I expect to bechallenging again for the top trophies.“I have always hada great relationship with the Members and fans and I hope they will come withus again next season in both the A-League, FFA Cup and AFC Champions League,”he continued.“I’d like to thankScott Barlow, Han Berger, Danny Townsend and the board of directors, as well asTerry McFlynn for giving me this opportunity and also my family for their loveand support over my years in football.“We’ve a hugelyexciting period in front of us and I am keen to get started on planning nextseason’s success straight away.”As a player Coricahad a successful career in Australia, England and Japan playing close to 450games across 20 seasons.

Love Football

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

How many deputies do well when handed the reigns i wonder?
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

^ muscat.

New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

My only worry with Corica is that he might be too nice. Glad to get behind the appointment though he has earnt his chance
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

RedKat - 16 May 2018 12:29 PM
Eldar - 16 May 2018 12:09 PM

Hes been an assistant under Lavicka, Farina, Crook and Arnie. Definitely had the time to learn the highs and lows

There are a million assistants who have worked with great coaches but until they have actually proven themselves as a first team coach, it is pretty much a gamble.

I just get the feeling the club is going for a safe easy bet, to just keep doing what Arnie was doing in his absense and I am a little worried that it will end up being neither here nor there. 

Corica needs to be able to put his identity on the team or else there is no point in having him and the problem is he doesn't have a coaching identity yet, so it might take a while. 

Beaten by Eldar

Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe - 16 May 2018 3:07 PM
How many deputies do well when handed the reigns i wonder?
Pep Guardiola

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

He has served more than long enough for his club and has learnt under a number of coaches. 

Hopefully he will achieve a respectable 7th heaven finish in future.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Angus - 16 May 2018 3:51 PM
crimsoncrusoe - 16 May 2018 3:07 PM
Pep Guardiola

In a local sense, Muscat has done pretty well after deputising.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search