Rego Fees

Rego Fees

Author
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
i didn't know where to put this so i've put it here because it felt like it'd get the most exposure to the people interested in this kind of thing.

football rego fees.

big topic that affects grassroots etc. but i want to have a whinge and hopefully info find for my own personal story.

So I play in what I consider a relatively low level now, compared to previous. you could argue if Newy NPL is Newcastle's 1st division, that I'm playing in.. fourth division? but with no prom/rel between divisions at least twice before you reach the top, it's hard to consider it fourth division to be honest. then there's a few divisions below, and then all age.

my full price rego fee for the year is $395. which seems to be fairly consistent with the rest of the area. what that money breaks down to, i've never bothered to find out.

BUT..

this year i haven't registered, because i was doing other activities and had a holiday abroad. but i've come back, and signed up to play. I've missed the entire football preseason, and i've also missed 6 out of 18 season games. my rego cost, signing up between round 6 and round 7? full price - $395.

how exactly can that be? mathematically i've missed a third of the regular season but getting charged full price.

the guy frmo my club tells me that my club makes no money from it, and that it's mostly local federation and ffa fees which include insurances & ref fees etc.

why am i paying full price for less insurance exposure, and less access to refs? it makes zero sense to me.

and don't get me started on every single story i've heard that the insurances tied into football don't actually pay much at all. i have heard so much stories of football injuries putting guys out of work, and the payout either neither coming or not even 20% of their wage being covered from the time of injury.

what are we even paying for, as footballers?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I agree on a adjusted late rego outcome, don't know why this hasn't been implemented long ago.
I've seen the rego breakdown a few times but can't find them at present, a club does get a % portion for sure for the club needs to pay the association for the fields/officials and depending how good their accounting is would have something for other clubs expense's.
FFA/FNSW get their cut.
The Insurance portion no matter what is pathetic to player having to get a knee or whatever op thats for sure.
I had a ruptured achilles tendon some 5yrs ago, costed me a bomb and the only bit of compensation I received from the Insurance was discounted physio after for rehab.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

The insurance isn't worth a pinch of shit.  They should make it voluntary (with a waiver) and the fees would plummet.

Like you said you get virtually nothing back at all if you're injured.  

Member since 2008.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

To register in Melbourne as a Senior Player in most competitions you are looking at a $192 Registration Fee.
Based on your $395 Fee there's $202 left.
Which would cover your;
Uniform
Referees Fees
Nets & Flags
Line marking
Ground Hire
Cleaning
Membership

Even if you're signing up later in the season wouldn't you look at it as helping out your Club?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search