NPL Players Thread

NPL Players Thread

Author
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wollongong midfielder Quivi Fowler,19 has transferred to Eerste Divisie team FC Dordrecht. According to Tony Tannous on Twitter he will apparently be deployed into the first team, likely as a number 10.

He previously spent a couple years in the Vitesse Arnhem youth system, a well regarded one as well. Interesting to see if he can make a few appearances. They pushed hard for promotion playing against Dougalls Sparta, bu just losing out.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Manny Muscat (Free agent) >>>> Green Gully FC
Ethan Docherty (Pascoe Vale FC) >>>> Bulleen Lions FC
Jacob Alexander (Lions FC QLD) >>>> Bentleigh Greens
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Bulleen Lions have parted ways with the following
Stefan Cardamone
Austin Wong
Luke Gallo

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Big news coming out of Melbourne Knights, young striker Caleb Mikulic, 20, has signed with Austria Wien in the Austrian Bundesliga!!

other transfers in the NPL

George Howard (APIA Leichardt) >>>>> South Melbourne
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Ds98 - 31 May 2018 6:18 PM
Big news coming out of Melbourne Knights, young striker Caleb Mikulic, 20, has signed with Austria Wien in the Austrian Bundesliga!!

other transfers in the NPL

George Howard (APIA Leichardt) >>>>> South Melbourne

What sort of payment can an npl club expect when they sell a player overseas ? 
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

lukerobinho - 31 May 2018 6:55 PM
Ds98 - 31 May 2018 6:18 PM

What sort of payment can an npl club expect when they sell a player overseas ? 

no clue mate, you'd expect they get at least some benefits wouldn't ya? would do lots for the infrastructure and operations of the club though.

That makes two players, Fowler and Mikulic who have made transfers to overseas clubs from NPL clubs. so far Dylan Wenzel-Halls is the only player from Australian NPL's to be signed to an A-League club... where are these guys looking for talent ffs!!
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Pierce Clark former Newcastle Jets youth keeper has moved from Bentliegh to Cairns FC
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Amir Osmancevic (Pascoe Vale FC) >>>> Northcote City
Austin Wong (Bulleen Lions FC) >>>> Northcote City
Teeboy Kamara >>>> Melbourne Knights
Luke Adams >>>> South Melbourne
Giuseppe Marafioti (Oakleigh Cannons) >>>> South Melbourne
Luke Pavlou (South Melbourne) >>>> Oakleigh Cannons
Andy Brennan (South Melbourne) >>>> Oakleigh Cannons
Jacob Eliopoulos >>>> Northcote City
Johnathan Vakirtzis (Melb.Victory)>>>> Pascoe Vale
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Simon Colosimo (Whittlesea Ranges) >>>> (FC Bulleen Lions)

good signing imo. need to get their act together. Good start with a win over South on the weekend.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Does anyone know if Davey Vant Schip has got his PR or australian citizenship yet? He is to good for the NPL and like Kenny could be a good shout for the A-league
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Ryan Love >>>> Kingston City
Alex Caniglia (Green Gully) >>>> Kingston City
Cameron Watson (Mohun Bagun) >>>> Bulleen Lions
Baki Efe (State League 2) >>>> Bulleen Lions
Jason Hicks (Benteligh Greens) >>>> Green Gully
Milos Ridesic >>>> Oakleigh Cannons
Nicolas Abot (NPLACT) >>>> Pascoe Vale FC
Mathiang Mathiang (Heidelberg) >>>> Port Melbourne

Edited
6 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Ex Victory and NPL journey-man Roddy Vargas is now at Bulleen as they try to sure up that leaky defence.

Hume have also completed some solid signings, they've been very slack on the social media front this year but they've managed to bring in

James Brown (Nunawading) ex Heart/City
Aryn Williams ex Glory
Tom Barforosh (Northcote) ex City youth

strange seeing them fall so badly this season
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

South Hobart youngster Antonio Saracino has signed with Sydney FC's academy side, the 16 year old impressed whilst on trial.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Former Sampdoria youth player Daniel Baggio, 18 who also trialled at FC Twente made his debut back in Melbourne with Port Melbourne U20's scoring in their win over Kingston
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Mark Ochieng former Adelaide United is now playing in SANPL for Adelaide Comets
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/NPL-ROSTER-TEMPLATE-Updated-22.06.2018-002.pdf

Heres a link to the confirmed squads for the remainder of the NPL VIC seasons. Would be very helpful if other states could do this.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Also CCM inadvertently may have confirmed they have agreed or have Matt Millar from South Melbourne also training with them. Saw him training in a little clip showing how well Jack Clisby is fitting in to the club. 

Wasn't in the squad tonight against Pascoe Vale.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

There is a fair bit going on around the various NPL's around Australia Ive decided to rank the top performers myself in terms of players of who I think will get picked up this A-League off season.

NPL NSW
#1 Jordan Murray (AUS) - APIA Leichardt Tigers - 22YO 

Honestly probably in the top 5 best finishers in Australia at the moment, in all comps. Has scored over 15 Goals in all competitions this year (think its 18, not sure). Theres a bit of the Jamie Vardy's about him. Would be a very solid pick-up for any A-League club as things stand. I honestly think he could be a 10+ goal scorer in the A-League in the seasons to come. If i'm not mistaken his father played in the NSL for Wollongong. (I'm no NSL buff)

#2 Jacob Tratt (AUS) - Sutherland Sharks - 23YO

Previously at Wellington Phoenix, I thought he was stiff not to warrant a contract, thought he was one of the Nix's best before getting injured. Still definitely has what it takes to play in the A-League. His no nonsense defending is enjoyable to watch. he has a decent free kick on him for a defender and is powerful in the air. With Rudan at Phoenix surely he reunites with Tratt after working together at SU58.

#3 Anthony Frangie (AUS) - Hakoah Sydney City East - 21YO 

This guy reminds me of Panni Nikas, in both play-style and sock height. Honestly this guy has a bullet of a leg on him, scored some outrageous goals in the past month and no matter what level or position you put him in he looks like he'll do the job superbly without breaking a sweat. 

#4 Alejandro Sanchez Lopez (ESP) Sydney Olympic - 29YO

This guy would take up a VISA spot, but after watching his highlights and goals he'd be worth it on the cheap probably as well. has a pretty good pedigree coming from Zaragoza and Osasuna as well.

#5 Tasuku Sekiya (JPN/AUS) APIA Leichardt Tigers - 25YO

Technically this guy is one of, if not the best in NSW. he's very tricky and can finish very well. He's very small, but his pace and creativity more than makes up for his height disadvantage. I think he's been in Australia for a fairly long-time, has good english and along with Konagaya in the NPLVIC is one of the best Japanese attackers with a smaller resume. which could entice a few A-League clubs due to affordability.

Obviously now that I've written about these guys they won't be picked up ;)  But honestly think these guys could potentially star in the League.

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

NPL Victoria

#1 Brandon Barnes (ENG) Dandenong Thunder - 25YO

He's the best player in the Victorian NPL by a mile. he's scored 70 goals in 2 and a half seasons of Football. albeit most in the second division. He has undoubted quality. He might need to get himself a little fitter if he wants to truly make the step-up. Knocked back South, Heidelberg, Bentleigh in order to stay with Thunder. But you'd have to think he'll jump at the chance to play in the A-League. he'll only qualify as a VISA player until he's about 27 so anyone wanting him will have to use a VISA spot which would in my opinion still be worth it.

#2 Yuta Konagaya (JPN) Port Melbourne - 22YO (I think)

As with Sekiya from APIA, very similar playing styles, whilst watching Port vs Bulleen, he single handedly won Port the game with his skill and audacious-ness. A very exciting player for sure.

#3 Elvis Kamsoba (AUS) Avondale FC - 22YO

Elvis is super dynamic and very quick on his feet. A very good finisher for such a small bloke. He is extremely small which works against him the majority of the time. His disciplinary record isn't very good however. If things don't go his way he tends to drop-off, and get himself into trouble, thats just an observation from watching him a couple times. I feel he can go all the way along with his brother at Adelaide United, just needs to get himself mentally stronger and he can do it. 

#4 Tomi Uskok (AUS) Knights FC - 27YO

Former CCMariner Uskok would be my first choice pick for an injury replacement CB. He is tall and has brilliant leadership skills, an Aerial threat from set-pieces. However lacks pace. 

#5 Yitay Towns (AUS) Avondale FC - 21YO

This could be seen as a controversial option. However the Tasmanian is the link between defence and attack, which brought early success to Avondale, his bursts out of the contest is a real asset, he's very good with the ball at his feet. Watched him live numerous times now, and he never stops running.

Other honourable mentions

#6 Sean Ellis (SCO) Heidelberg United - 28YO
#7 Davey Vant'Schip (AUS) Pascoe Vale -  27YO
#8 Kieran Dover (AUS) Green Gully - 21YO
#9 Nick Krousoratis (AUS) Green Gully - 24YO
#10 Josh Wilkins (AUS) Heidelberg United - 25YO

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

[quote]
Ds98 - 26 Jun 2018 8:29 PM
There is a fair bit going on around the various NPL's around Australia Ive decided to rank the top performers myself in terms of players of who I think will get picked up this A-League off season.

NPL NSW

Honestly probably in the top 5 best finishers in Australia at the moment, in all comps. Has scored over 15 Goals in all competitions this year (think its 18, not sure). Theres a bit of the Jamie Vardy's about him. Would be a very solid pick-up for any A-League club as things stand. I honestly think he could be a 10+ goal scorer in the A-League in the seasons to come. If i'm not mistaken his father played in the NSL for Wollongong. (I'm no NSL buff)

Yep have also been hearing good things about him.  Also saw a James Andrew from Marconi play recently, looks to be very good as well.   
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

ErogenousZone - 5 Jul 2018 11:47 AM
[quote]

Yep have also been hearing good things about him.  Also saw a James Andrew from Marconi play recently, looks to be very good as well.   

Yeah kept a keen eye on James Andrew, thought he was doing good things with Blacktown, but decided to leave for Marconi. Scored against the mariners in the FFA cup last year so hopefully he can do the same for Marconi and put himself in the shop window again. He's still pretty young as well.
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

NPL NSW

#2 Jacob Tratt (AUS) - Sutherland Sharks - 23YO

Previously at Wellington Phoenix, I thought he was stiff not to warrant a contract, thought he was one of the Nix's best before getting injured. Still definitely has what it takes to play in the A-League. His no nonsense defending is enjoyable to watch. he has a decent free kick on him for a defender and is powerful in the air. With Rudan at Phoenix surely he reunites with Tratt after working together at SU58.

#3 Anthony Frangie (AUS) - Hakoah Sydney City East - 21YO 

This guy reminds me of Panni Nikas, in both play-style and sock height. Honestly this guy has a bullet of a leg on him, scored some outrageous goals in the past month and no matter what level or position you put him in he looks like he'll do the job superbly without breaking a sweat. 

#4 Alejandro Sanchez Lopez (ESP) Sydney Olympic - 29YO

This guy would take up a VISA spot, but after watching his highlights and goals he'd be worth it on the cheap probably as well. has a pretty good pedigree coming from Zaragoza and Osasuna as well.

#5 Tasuku Sekiya (JPN/AUS) APIA Leichardt Tigers - 25YO

Technically this guy is one of, if not the best in NSW. he's very tricky and can finish very well. He's very small, but his pace and creativity more than makes up for his height disadvantage. I think he's been in Australia for a fairly long-time, has good english and along with Konagaya in the NPLVIC is one of the best Japanese attackers with a smaller resume. which could entice a few A-League clubs due to affordability.

Obviously now that I've written about these guys they won't be picked up ;)  But honestly think these guys could potentially star in the League.

Like 3 NPL players got picked up last season.. 1 of them was Lewis Italiano who had a short stint at Bulleen after like 7 years in the HAL. Make of that what you will..

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Liam Youlley is back in Aus, playing for Marconi. after his stint in South Africa
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

No Totti No Party - 6 Jul 2018 3:44 PM

Like 3 NPL players got picked up last season.. 1 of them was Lewis Italiano who had a short stint at Bulleen after like 7 years in the HAL. Make of that what you will..

your point being?
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

Ds98 - 8 Jul 2018 3:43 PM
No Totti No Party - 6 Jul 2018 3:44 PM

your point being?

That your dreaming if you think 15 players will get picked up from the NPL this season when a whole 3 in which one spent like half a season at Bulleen before going back & the other 2 were injury replacement players got picked up last season

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

No Totti No Party - 8 Jul 2018 3:51 PM
Ds98 - 8 Jul 2018 3:43 PM

That your dreaming if you think 15 players will get picked up from the NPL this season when a whole 3 in which one spent like half a season at Bulleen before going back & the other 2 were injury replacement players got picked up last season

Where does it say that these guys WILL undoubtedly get picked up anywhere in the previous posts? I said these are they guys who will most likely  get picked up this off season if A-League clubs are looking to the NPL for personnel. I know and acknowledge that it is highly unrealistic due to A-League clubs being terrible on that front. But it's simply my opinion. 

Your dreaming if you think that I'm being serious. I'm just giving an update on the best performers in their respective leagues... again my opinion. your entitled to your own 
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Good to see Matt Millar, 21 get another shot in the A-League with the Mariners. He could be a really solid RB if given the right coaching and environment. He's usually deployed as a Winger for South, but due to Roux's departure I'd expect him to push McGing out of that position altogether
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

ECU Joondalup midfielder Declan Hughes, 18 is on trial with Ross County, now in the Scottish championship. former home of Jackson Irvine.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Ds98 - 9 Jul 2018 7:46 PM
Good to see Matt Millar, 21 get another shot in the A-League with the Mariners. He could be a really solid RB if given the right coaching and environment. He's usually deployed as a Winger for South, but due to Roux's departure I'd expect him to push McGing out of that position altogether

Played a lot of his stint at South at Centre mid. Incredibly frustrating player but his engine is something else the guy doesnt fatigue. Surely he will have to play RB here.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

southmelb - 11 Jul 2018 2:30 AM
Ds98 - 9 Jul 2018 7:46 PM

Played a lot of his stint at South at Centre mid. Incredibly frustrating player but his engine is something else the guy doesnt fatigue. Surely he will have to play RB here.

Ahh thanks. I'm more than confident he'll play RB for the Mariners as you said, he is a frustrating player to watch. But with the increase in demand in him to perform I think he'll do well for the Mariners.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search