BDP

Author
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BN is a Weekender too I just noticed Dan, so your'e not that special:)
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 4:59 PM
BN is a Weekender too I just noticed Dan, so your'e not that special:)

We've "Made it" Nancy...maybe one day you will ;))
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

Yep Dan I have given up on Mbye ever being as good as he could be and if I'm proved wrong I don't care because we needed to clear the money as best we could.  
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 5:03 PM
Yep Dan I have given up on Mbye ever being as good as he could be and if I'm proved wrong I don't care because we needed to clear the money as best we could.  

That sums it up well...its kind of a relief...not our frustration problem now :)

They just interviewed Moses on Fox...still the same ...so relaxed.   He also said how great it was at Tigers.
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

Mbye doing what he does best   ... talking.  If he played as well as he talked he would be a world beater.  This post is for you dman:)
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

There is a call for better coaches in lower grades to train and prepare the kids better for their future with us especially ISP.

Nancy I know you were happy with Georgallis last year...does that call for the younger,  more in tune new breed of coach have merit for us?
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 5:21 PM
There is a call for better coaches in lower grades to train and prepare the kids better for their future with us especially ISP.

Nancy I know you were happy with Georgallis last year...does that call for the younger,  more in tune new breed of coach have merit for us?

I have nothing but respect for Georgallis.  Don't know what more he could do.  You notice most of his players promoted have gone very well in NRL.  Henderson hasn't done a bad job with the 20s.  I do think they shouldn't re-sign Penna as assistant.  Wouldn't be surprised if Kimmorley gets that spot.
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

You beauty I'm a Weekender!
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 5:36 PM
You beauty I'm a Weekender!

Standards have dropped on here already :)
True that most of the ISP guys have done well.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

The ICE MAN..... L Coote scores a smart try to give the Cows the lead
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Nancy - 1 Jul 2018 5:28 PM
DanD - 1 Jul 2018 5:21 PM

I have nothing but respect for Georgallis.  Don't know what more he could do.  You notice most of his players promoted have gone very well in NRL.  Henderson hasn't done a bad job with the 20s.  I do think they shouldn't re-sign Penna as assistant.  Wouldn't be surprised if Kimmorley gets that spot.

Georgalis really is a club man. He talks about his role in ISP as preparing NRL players and keeping potential NRL players getting minutes. This has resulted in him finding spots in the team for four hookers and slotting players in wherever he can to have them fit and ready if they're needed for NRL.

It'd be a lot easier to coach a team for the interests of that team alone, and it's make his w/l ratio look better too, but he coaches for the club.

I hope we find a way to keep him in system long term. We need his selflessness.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Zef
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Coote too good for the Bunnies, that nuffy Thurston let the great man down 😊
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

I say make Coote an Immortal ASAP
tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

im back i think  , i changed my user name again from tony2  to  , to tony_v2  
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

tony v_2 - 1 Jul 2018 6:45 PM
im back i think  , i changed my user name again from tony2  to  , to tony_v2  

Glad you found us T2.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

I've heard it all now. Buzz saying Gould and Hook not on the same page and Des Hasler being considered at Penrith lol

Heaps having a go at Ray Dib for wrecking the joint.
annav1
annav1
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

DanD - 1 Jul 2018 7:33 PM
I've heard it all now. Buzz saying Gould and Hook not on the same page and Des Hasler being considered at Penrith lol

Heaps having a go at Ray Dib for wrecking the joint.

yes heaps couldn't wait to bring it up. Buzz was back tracking
annav1
annav1
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

thoughts on Cogger guys? what do we do with him next year? see how the rest of the year pans out?
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

annav1 - 1 Jul 2018 8:10 PM
thoughts on Cogger guys? what do we do with him next year? see how the rest of the year pans out?

Heaps just itching to find something to bring in the inept Chairman angle.

Cogger not setting houses on fire but very involved...hard to say but he should improve. Lewis looks the better half to me so I hope they can re-sign him. With injuries and the health history of Foran, having both would be good.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

annav1 - 1 Jul 2018 8:10 PM

Similar to Dan ... was involved and got players running on to his passes.

Danny B summed it up Newcastle looked nice, but were not hard to defend. ..

Mostly you just had to guess who was running off Cogger ... of if he passed wide, they were going wide.

Kicking and running games not impressive, but throws a good pass.

The thought of our guys running on to thoses passes is appealing.

Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

Cogger always looks the same to me.  Less than impressive kicking game, ordinary tackler and has a pass.  Only a 2 year deal which is a plus. If he doesn't work out it won't hurt too much.
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Marki - 1 Jul 2018 12:06 PM
Vallo440 - 1 Jul 2018 11:47 AM

Absolutely Vallo.
For years ive been saying that form in reserves or 20's has no real bearing on how a player will perform in first grade. I only saw a couple of half performances by Lewis last year but i immediately thought he had the skills to be good in first grade. Yestersay he proved it.
Granted it was Newcastle and they lost key players but he was quite involved for the 80mins and outshone the more fancied Cogger. Cogger kicks well and that alone will probably see him in the halves next year but i really think Lewis should partner him. JMK is probably the best defender in our team and has to be in the team. I would say he will move to hooker and id like to see more of Nu Brown. 

Agree with Steve in that losing mbye and woods has been a bit of a blessing. It has forced us into looking within and sharing responsibilities.

Hope they keep it up

Martin is a good goalkicker...who can evert forget his 5 second (literally) sideline conversion in ISP Cup a year or so ago

DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Rothfield...

CASTLE, HASLER QUIET ON DOGS DRAMA

We rang ARU boss Raelene Castle and former Bulldogs coach Des Hasler during the week to get their versions of the Canterbury salary cap debacle they left behind at Belmore and that has since forced the departures of Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods. Both politely declined to comment.

Hasler is on holidays in the US but returns home next week. There is no doubt the Canterbury crisis has caused untold damage to his reputation and he might struggle to get another NRL head coach role in the immediate future.

Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Finally watched the game in full..the Smith to Dutchy pass was as good as you will ever see. And as Rhyse Martin gave his steely gaze to the ball prior to kicking I thought there was more than a passing resemblance to Hazem...even nailed the Hazem 2002 kick at the end.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Steveswr1 - 2 Jul 2018 9:25 AM
Finally watched the game in full..the Smith to Dutchy pass was as good as you will ever see. 

That was the highlight, but apart from a couple of lapses in defence, it was a good performance all round... 

What I noticed was:-
1) Right side defence better than normal
2) Right side attack best for the year, with Jacko really looking good...
3) Forwards had lots of support runners...
4) Lichaa had a decent game, possibly his best for the season..
5) Lewis rock solid in defence, for once our halves were not weak links..

So while it is early days, there are promising signs......

We seem to be shaking off some of the #DesBall legacy...

Edited
6 Years Ago by hounddog
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

The best part was keeping them to nil in the 2nd half.  Now they have to do it again on Sat.   I think Belmore deserves to see a good performance.
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro

Klem's new found passing game!! He has taken his play to a new level
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 2 Jul 2018 9:47 AM
Steveswr1 - 2 Jul 2018 9:25 AM

That was the highlight, but apart from a couple of lapses in defence, it was a good performance all round... 

What I noticed was:-
1) Right side defence better than normal
2) Right side attack best for the year, with Jacko really looking good...
3) Forwards had lots of support runners...
4) Lichaa had a decent game, possibly his best for the season..
5) Lewis rock solid in defence, for once our halves were not weak links..

So while it is early days, there are promising signs......

We seem to be shaking off some of the #DesBall legacy...

That last line of that post was the most pleasing of all. We really looked different from the Desball plays. Players were running onto the ball, dummy half runs were mostly effective, and forwards didnt look 1 dimensional as they usually do with klem passing more often than not and even Tolman passing on the odd ocassion. 

Kicking game still lacked effectiveness for attacking opportunities but the chase was good enough to make the kicks pan out ok.

I disagree with most on Coggers kicking game. I thought it was pretty good. Got good hang time on the bombs or chips and looked to be in reasonable control on where it landed. It was my first time watching him play and that is all i got from it. I was more impressed watching Lewis in ISP last year and believe he can offer more. In sny case Pay has a couple of options now which is good.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Steveswr1 - 2 Jul 2018 9:58 AM
Klem's new found passing game!! He has taken his play to a new level

Steve, just another example of how Des thwarted the skill of our players and they went backward.

You can see in Test games and SOO that Klem is more than capable of pulling in defences and a pass before the line creates space. Des used him innefectively but hardly a surprise.
Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star

DCE back for Qld after 1111 days.  
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search