Arnie: Aussie youth is open for business again... [Comments]

Arnie: Aussie youth is open for business again... [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

A refreshingly positive view on the future.  It will be very interesting to see the products of the NC and if it really has made a difference.  Among the skills they're teaching these kids, I hope they have drilled in perseverance, and that the results in a game are usually a reflection of what you put in. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Interesting Arnie claimed how these kids could do things Aussies previously have not been able to do.

He was on record a few years ago castigating the national youth coaches for not selecting athletes who could run all day. He also stated they had been warned.

At the same time it is terrific Arnie is proactively looking at national youth for future senior team prospects. 
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

We have the u17 and u19's competing in WC qualifiers over the next 2 months. 99>02's. lets see how they go. There are some very good players in these age brackets my only concern is the amount of time spent as a team. With some luck we could see both in WC's next year. U18's 2000/01 born left for Japan this morning, first game on Thursday. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

People have been touting the impending outcomes of the curriculum for 10 years however youth results have gotten more & more absymal & fewer & fewer are playing in the A League on a regular basis.

I'll believe it when I see it.  

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I have mixed feelings about this as well. 

This system has proven in the last 5 years, that improvement is minimal to non-existent. I'm not sure how in one to two years we can all of a sudden say, in our current system, that improvement in producing players will be good to exceptional. 

Yeah you can get your one in a million player (Arzani) but ultimately every country in the world has that.

We need to respect youth, bring in transfer fees, more opportunities, fierce competition Pro/rel, all of the things we don't have in the current system.  To guide/mould the players that we want.

The NPL is a prime example of where our players do the bulk of their development. Adelaide UTD, Perth Glory, CCM, Brisbane, City are all at the right end of their respective NPL leagues. 

Transitioning these players from a do or die environment into a merry-go-round environment can effect their mentality into putting them into a false sense of security. 

Lokolingoy is a prime example, scored 20+ goals to get SFC promoted, got involved with the senior set-up, and probably felt, OK, I've made it. And has stagnated heavily due to the environment.

Just my two cents.
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 14 Aug 2018 10:10 AM
People have been touting the impending outcomes of the curriculum for 10 years however youth results have gotten more & more absymal & fewer & fewer are playing in the A League on a regular basis.

I'll believe it when I see it.  

Both the u17 and 19's have progressed to the last of the wc qualifiers. If both can make the WC then times might be changing. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

you can only quote times are a changing after qualifying 2-3 times on the trot not once in a while.
Then you can tell your system is working.

Ds98, Lokolingoy is a classic example agree but he's also been used very sparingly by GA.
Having watched near on every home game he's thrown on late in the 2nd most times, I know thats not easy but I've hardly been impressed for one moment tbh.
I know some have raps on him due to his PL2 period but I've hardly seen any ball skill moment that excited/impressed me.
He runs around like a headless chook.
Maybe Corica will get him feeling more comfortable we shall see.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 14 Aug 2018 12:16 PM
you can only quote times are a changing after qualifying 2-3 times on the trot not once in a while.

Fair point but we have to start somewhere. These 02's have been in the so called system for the longest so lets see.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

JDB, don't get me wrong I'm not being negative but more so lets wait and see right.
I believe any top potential kid from 00 on should be well up to a standard better than in the past but lack of real game time experience thrown in PL1 or AL for eg as once was.
That is one good piece of the puzzle missing imo.

Love Football

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Ds98, Lokolingoy is a classic example agree but he's also been used very sparingly by GA.
Having watched near on every home game he's thrown on late in the 2nd most times, I know thats not easy but I've hardly been impressed for one moment tbh.
I know some have raps on him due to his PL2 period but I've hardly seen any ball skill moment that excited/impressed me.
He runs around like a headless chook.
Maybe Corica will get him feeling more comfortable we shall see.

heres hoping x2!! 

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 14 Aug 2018 12:35 PM
JDB, don't get me wrong I'm not being negative but more so lets wait and see right.
I believe any top potential kid from 00 on should be well up to a standard better than in the past but lack of real game time experience thrown in PL1 or AL for eg as once was.
That is one good piece of the puzzle missing imo.

LFC i agree 100%. We see a lot of young lads heading OS  through lack of opportunity here in the HAL and its hard to disagree with this. Maybe with a few more teams added these lads will get there chance. As for the qualifiers lets wait and see. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

To qualify for the Youth World Cups it is often more difficult to qualify than Senior World Cups.

There have often only been 24 teams in Youth World Cups. There have been 32 teams in seniors.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

sure granted D, fact remains be it 24 YNT's or 15 whatever, qualifying sure is great ! but doesn't mean a thing talking about improvements in systems unless its done again and again.
A 1 time is yippee but lets not get ahead of ourselves and justify this or that eh.

Love Football

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

We have good youth prospects across the pitch except for up front 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

says the coach who refused to give kids a go at Sydney (and publically stated it) 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

It was quite enlightening to hear from that the FFA NC is starting to bear fruit the major problem is the lack of opportunities that’s after that.
This must be solved if we want to beat fruit of that in national team level after all that’s the ultimate success is how many good players are in the national team I.e like Belgium, Japan, France etc.

Youth level football results are nice but it’s not the end all as it supposed to be, I also think Asia have ramped up in youth development which is another why we are struggled at youth level of late.

But I do think there is some very interesting prospects especially at u20 level, there are already 3 lads from this group that already and are about to play close to senior football in Europe and I think we know who there names are.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search