442 almost all but gone now

442 almost all but gone now

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I see the Inside Sport logos etc have gone completely over the football section now, what was once still referred to as 442 is not completely IS.

RIP.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Ahhh and there's the Facebook post explaining it;

So we have some news...

After 13 amazing years, I will soon no longer be part of FourFourTwo.

Earlier this year, the global FourFourTwo brand was sold by its UK publishers to a new owner, Future Publishing. They have embarked on a series of worldwide changes with a new, more UK-based strategy. While that has meant job losses elsewhere, in Australia it means Future are taking back the local publishing rights from my company, Nextmedia, which has been running the magazine under licence in Oz for the last four years.

Sadly, we understand Future will no longer publish an Australian edition of the magazine. The latest issue, our new EPL season guide, on sale next week and arriving in subscribers’ mailboxes from today, is the last one we’ll produce, and the last for the foreseeable future.

HOWEVER....

Your FourFourTwo team at Nextmedia isn’t going away!

The squad that has brought you FourFourTwo is still going to be doing exactly what it always has... just under a different banner.

We may be saying goodbye to FourTwo Australia - but please say hello to a new-look FTBL.com.au which will continue to bring you the BEST in Australian football coverage - just as we have always done. The name will change...but that is all.

We will also continue to bring you the best Australian football features in our sister mag, Inside Sport. We will be bumping up our football coverage massively in Inside Sport, starting with our huge 24 page A-League preview special in next month’s issue.

There are a few changes we’d love you to help us with though please as we transition to our new identity over the next few weeks.

If you liked FourFourTwo Australia on Facebook, please like @FTBLau now.

If you followed FourFourTwo Australia on Twitter, please follow @FTBLcomau now.

Our podcast will now be the FTBL podcast on iTunes.

And please bookmark FTBL.com.au as your new home of Australian football coverage.

(Oh and if you followed me personally on Twitter, I gave FTBL a little kickstart by giving it my account. If you wanna read more of my tweets, you’ll need to follow me again on my new @KevinAirs account)

Thank you so much for all your support in the past. You are the living, breathing soul of football in this country. We’re here to stay and we’d love you to be alongside us…

I’m very proud of what we’ve done previously and excited by what lies ahead. It’s a sad day for FourFourTwo in Australia, but a bright day for FTBL and our continued coverage of the sport here.

Football, eh? Bloody hell!

Kevin Airs
Editor

-PB

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 12:54 PM

So we have some news...

Earlier this year, the global FourFourTwo brand was sold by its UK publishers to a new owner, Future Publishing. They have embarked on a series of worldwide changes with a new, more UK-based strategy. While that has meant job losses elsewhere, in Australia it means Future are taking back the local publishing rights from my company, Nextmedia, which has been running the magazine under licence in Oz for the last four years.

Sadly, we understand Future will no longer publish an Australian edition of the magazine. The latest issue, our new EPL season guide, on sale next week and arriving in subscribers’ mailboxes from today, is the last one we’ll produce, and the last for the foreseeable future.

HOWEVER....

The squad that has brought you FourFourTwo is still going to be doing exactly what it always has... just under a different banner.

We may be saying goodbye to FourTwo Australia - but please say hello to a new-look FTBL.com.au which will continue to bring you the BEST in Australian football coverage - just as we have always done. The name will change...but that is all.

We will also continue to bring you the best Australian football features in our sister mag, Inside Sport. We will be bumping up our football coverage massively in Inside Sport, starting with our huge 24 page A-League preview special in next month’s issue.

There are a few changes we’d love you to help us with though please as we transition to our new identity over the next few weeks.

And please bookmark FTBL.com.au as your new home of Australian football coverage.

(Oh and if you followed me personally on Twitter, I gave FTBL a little kickstart by giving it my account. If you wanna read more of my tweets, you’ll need to follow me again on my new @KevinAirs account)

Thank you so much for all your support in the past. You are the living, breathing soul of football in this country. We’re here to stay and we’d love you to be alongside us…

I’m very proud of what we’ve done previously and excited by what lies ahead. It’s a sad day for FourFourTwo in Australia, but a bright day for FTBL and our continued coverage of the sport here.

Kevin Airs
Editor

-PB

Catatonic yawn.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

What happens to the forum I wonder?

Member since 2008.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Munrubenmuz - 15 Aug 2018 2:20 PM
What happens to the forum I wonder?

Considering it moved to insidesport ages ago and that's still continuing, I'd imagine nothing. 

Forums are a dying breed though which is a shame. Twitter is too brief (and easy to get trapped in your own bubble), and reddit doesn't usually have much serious discussion. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Judy Free - 15 Aug 2018 1:35 PM

Catatonic yawn.

Damn is that all this took to bring you out of hibernation?

Decentric will be ecstatic with your return.

-PB

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Inside Sport will dedicate one page at most to football.  They're not interested in it at all & never have been.  
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

THIS Site is better then the roar and any other forums i have seen 
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

But will the new guys bring back :lol:
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

So we have some news...

HOWEVER....

Kevin Airs
Editor

-PB

Shame if 442 forum disappears altogether.

IMO it has been by far the best football forum in Australia.

442 forum has kept me abreast of many developments and scenarios in football in other parts of Australia outside my home state. Very few involved in local NPL football, etc, are interested in bigger picture issues unless it effects the local football milieu.

I've met up with other members  of 442 face to face. It has always been good. Sometimes a mutual interest in politics/travel/ sociological issues have taken precedence over football as topics of conversation.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 15 Aug 2018 4:11 PM
THIS Site is better then the roar and any other forums i have seen 

Agree.

By some margin.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

paulbagzFC - 15 Aug 2018 3:30 PM

Damn is that all this took to bring you out of hibernation?

Decentric will be ecstatic with your return.

-PB

I can't see who you refer to, Paul.

I've blocked/muted a few accounts on 442. So if I can't see it, I doubt it would interest me.

Blocking/muting/hiding user accounts is one of the  great features of 442.  
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I'm not sure who else has noticed, but The World Game site is a pale imitation of what it once was too. 

There seems to be so little news on Australian football content compared to what there once was.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

One of the only football forum  options left in Oz is  Football Anarchy.

There can be some pretty obnoxious posters on there, but there is an easy to use Foe mechanism  which hides obnoxious users' posts.

I've only used the mute mechanism on 442 for five posters over 12 years participation. On Football Anarchy I've deployed the Foe mechanism for three posters in a 20 min spell, and will probably easily go to 10!  

If the Football Anarchy admin get their act together and start linking articles from other football sites to generate more football content and discussion,  it  could be a viable  football forum option if 442 closes down. It desperately needs an injection of new blood and impetus from more posters though. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Shut up you flog.  No one cares about your self righteous pontifications.

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

What sort of person brags about how many people they mute??

Very strange.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
localstar - 17 Aug 2018 12:33 PM
What sort of person brags about how many people they mute??

Very strange.

Are you even sure he saw your post? 😎
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

StiflersMom - 17 Aug 2018 4:12 PM
localstar - 17 Aug 2018 12:33 PM

Are you even sure he saw your post? 😎

Not necessarily intended for D. Just letting others know what a fruit loop he is...

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

localstar - 17 Aug 2018 5:07 PM
StiflersMom - 17 Aug 2018 4:12 PM

Not necessarily intended for D. Just letting others know what a fruit loop he is...

Im pretty sure it was common logic before.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Well looks like the forum is still here.  How about that.   :Whistling:
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Who is in charge of 442 now Kevin Airs has moved on?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

ErogenousZone - 28 Aug 2018 2:16 PM
Well looks like the forum is still here.  How about that.   :Whistling:

Thread is clearly about the branding.

-PB

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

paulbagzFC - 29 Aug 2018 12:24 PM
ErogenousZone - 28 Aug 2018 2:16 PM

Thread is clearly about the branding.

-PB

Kind of the we're closing down business that never closes down because it's a good way to attract customers.  Gotcha.  

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

ErogenousZone - 30 Aug 2018 11:10 AM
paulbagzFC - 29 Aug 2018 12:24 PM

Kind of the we're closing down business that never closes down because it's a good way to attract customers.  Gotcha.  

This ain't a rug shop mate.

-PB

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

haha I'll pay that one bagz.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search