FFA Skill Acquisition Manual for 9-12

FFA Skill Acquisition Manual for 9-12

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Before he left it sounds like Abrams has been has been remodeled the SAP program, in this updated version the focus is more about fun and encourages for better decision making, a great read nevertheless.

Check it out.

https://www.playfootball.com.au/sites/play/files/2018-08/FOOTBALL_Skill%20Acquisition%20Manual_A4_Web_Single%20Pages%5B1%5D.pdf

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

will have to get the groundsmen to cut the grass in vertical stripes instead of horizontal, so i can see where the players should be in bp and bpo.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I’ve seen the benefits of SAP having an impact in the current 10 year olds that my cousin coaches, they play amazing compared to how I grew up so it’s been one of the rare positives with all the hysteria with the FFA NC and youth development in general.

Even Nicky Carle admits the current kids are technically better than when he was at junior football, we just need to feed this senior level somehow.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Good your seeing it from the 10yr olds.....
TBH I've watched it from the 00 kids who now are on 18 and watch them weekly in PL3 and at times PL2.
The skills some have are way over what I played and above the skill levels most of the GG and but I cringe how many have been over looked due to countless hurdles in the so called systems, ie Trials, closed shops, badly managed clubs with rude TD's/coachs that parents walk away from, the favoritism, the timing of trials at similar times making life difficult for players trialing elsewhere, overall were un professional/selective/expensive so we could be so much more.
Some Clubs are their own worst enemies on how they operate and just as in good business you have a Middle Management then above that has vested interest what going on below and stimulate it with more guidance/tools to improve and it will come from hard work.
This is what has lacked big time from above - I haven't read the 100 pages yet of the link Barca but I hope their is also about individual expression is to be encouraged for one.
I watched for too long this stifled during my YL years involvement - depending on Coachs might I ad.

Love Football

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

@LFC I would like to think the creativity part would come from having more fun expressing yourself and being able to think in situations without the coach telling you the answer for every football problem.

I do agree it’s very promising to see the talent coming through after all this hoohaa whether this curriculum would come to life or not and it’s starting wth the talent that’s in the young Socceroos team and even younger with Joeys and even seeing the SAP kids it’s very promising what is underneath the top level.

But like anything the bottom line is how many will able to play first team football and train at a professional environment and eventually make an impact with the Socceroos and the youth teams that’s what the whole thing will be judged on.

A bigger a-league and 2nd division can’t come soon enough I feel more kids will be developed this way.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yes mate agree, your comment last paragraph is a main point, bottom line is how many will be able to play 1st team football and trained by good coachs in decent facilities.
The growth of AL and a Div 2 is so important for the future - lets hope this comes sooner not later.
Our young up and comers deserve as many chances as possible to improve and show their wares to a wider audience.

Love Football

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Sap 1.0 was good as it was all about you as a player and the ball
Sap 2.0 has too much defending 

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
LFC. - 23 Aug 2018 9:51 PM
Good your seeing it from the 10yr olds.....
TBH I've watched it from the 00 kids who now are on 18 and watch them weekly in PL3 and at times PL2.
The skills some have are way over what I played and above the skill levels most of the GG and but I cringe how many have been over looked due to countless hurdles in the so called systems, ie Trials, closed shops, badly managed clubs with rude TD's/coachs that parents walk away from, the favoritism, the timing of trials at similar times making life difficult for players trialing elsewhere, overall were un professional/selective/expensive so we could be so much more.

At some stage the cream rises to the top, despite many of the issues you elucidate  in the aforementioned  post.

Many promising youth players stagnate later in their career too.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
dirkvanadidas - 27 Aug 2018 11:52 PM
Sap 1.0 was good as it was all about you as a player and the ball
Sap 2.0 has too much defending 

I haven't had a good look at SAP 2.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Decentric - 28 Aug 2018 11:17 PM
dirkvanadidas - 27 Aug 2018 11:52 PM

I haven't had a good look at SAP 2.

Have u checked it out yet? They already implementing the GIG model at SAP level for next season...

Hope when the new FFA TD comes in he will continue the good work, readdressing the SAP model is a nice start now the performance and game training phases need work.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search