Media Coverage

Media Coverage

Author
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
News, Fairfax, 7, 9, 10 have had very little coverage of the Socceroos and pre match was near nil, its 8:45 and still Fairfax & ABC don't have a match report up...just watching 9 good morning show for about 30 mins and been through two sports reports nothing about the Socceroo's or Matilda's... lots on Tennis, League & AFL... 

Matilda's have also had little coverage considering its a world Cup...

There is a media bias in Australia that we still have not over come...  
Edited
5 Years Ago by Midfielder
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Midfielder - 8 Jun 2019 8:49 AM
News, Fairfax, 7, 9, 10 have had very little coverage of the Socceroos and pre match was near nil, its 8:45 and still Fairfax & ABC don't have a match report up...just watching 9 good morning show for about 30 mins and been through two sports reports nothing about the Socceroo's or Matilda's... lots on Tennis, League & AFL... 

But if there were one flare ripped....................

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I think a lot of people in the media who don’t follow football actually have no idea about it and that’s another reason it doesn’t get talked about 
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

The Guardian has 3 Football, including the Socceroos and Matildas, 2 Tennis and 1 Cricket....no Rugby League or AFL on its home page at the moment. 

The thing that shits me about the Sydney Morning Herald is they have good articles but to access them you have to go to the Sport section and then to the More Sports section, this while their home page will have an NRL section and a Sport section that is mostly NRL. Although their story about the Matildas nude calendar is on the homepage and is the second most viewed in sport, not sure if that is a positive or sad, though.

Beaten by Eldar

Edited
5 Years Ago by Eldar
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I remember towards the end of the Lowy years, the Matildas were actually getting quite a bit of attention and were real media darlings. Then new board FFA came along and sacked Staj under the most dubious of circumstances, and I think really tarnished the whole image. So I'm not surprised by this. Embarrassing for all those on here who said anything would be better than Lowy.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

abc news 24 gave it a good run

they been pretty decent with the a league as well. can tell the reporters actually watch the games now.

calciopoli
calciopoli
Super Fan
Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)

libel - 8 Jun 2019 9:37 AM
I remember towards the end of the Lowy years, the Matildas were actually getting quite a bit of attention and were real media darlings. Then new board FFA came along and sacked Staj under the most dubious of circumstances, and I think really tarnished the whole image. So I'm not surprised by this. Embarrassing for all those on here who said anything would be better than Lowy.

even when not using shit spanish, your really are a tedious bell end.

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

@ calciopoli

Whoa, easy there. Let's keep it family-friendly. There are people on here who wilt at the sight of a benign 3 word phrase. I shudder to think how they might react upon reading your comment.
zord
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

calciopoli - 8 Jun 2019 12:22 PM
libel - 8 Jun 2019 9:37 AM

even when not using shit spanish, your really are a tedious bell end.

Ban this abusive idiot

We should be able to discuss things without just blatant abuse

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Read a different paper mid. Or don’t read s paper like normal not baby boomers 
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Still don't know why they don't just have A-League games on SBS 

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Midfielder - 8 Jun 2019 8:49 AM

Agree.

You are preaching to the converted, mate.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
libel - 9 Jun 2019 12:38 PM
@ calciopoli

Whoa, easy there. Let's keep it family-friendly. There are people on here who wilt at the sight of a benign 3 word phrase. I shudder to think how they might react upon reading your comment.

Cut out the facetious comments.

Your name is generating a lot of attention on the Mod panel. You've already had one unofficial warning from another Mod.

This is an Official Warning Number One. 

Start to engage constructively on the forum, or you are on the way to a permanent holiday from it.

Your participation on the forum is welcome, Libel, but can you  operate within the forum guidelines, please? 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
sav.09@live.com.au
sav.09@live.com.au
Fan
Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)

Eldar - 8 Jun 2019 9:35 AM
The Guardian has 3 Football, including the Socceroos and Matildas, 2 Tennis and 1 Cricket....no Rugby League or AFL on its home page at the moment. 

The thing that shits me about the Sydney Morning Herald is they have good articles but to access them you have to go to the Sport section and then to the More Sports section, this while their home page will have an NRL section and a Sport section that is mostly NRL. Although their story about the Matildas nude calendar is on the homepage and is the second most viewed in sport, not sure if that is a positive or sad, though.

SMH has really gone downhill since ch9 takeover...the knuckle head 'leaguie' owners showing their downmarket influence and relentless bias..
Non existent buildup or lead stories for Matildas or socceroos Most blatant on their online sports pages shoved 'soccer way back under 'more' ...you need numerous clicks just to find football  related stories.
Contrast coverage to their beloved 'state of O' which they pumped to death with daily first page 'exclusives'  ..
which was just some Brett  bloke saying same inanities they have been saying for 30 years.
Ofcourse..when it came to the Matildas coach sacking controversy...they were happy to run with that with numerous front pages.
'Nuffin like a bad sockah story as a lead huh....as said by every aussie msm sports editor ever.

Australian sports Msm  hasnt progressed one iota in 40 years since legend Warrens book...insular, provincial , suburban ,jingoistic, a closed 'footy boys club'  overall instituionallybiased against tha foreighn (ie 'wog' game )

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Decentric - 10 Jun 2019 12:16 AM
libel - 9 Jun 2019 12:38 PM

Cut out the facetious comments.

Your name is generating a lot of attention on the Mod panel. You've already had one unofficial warning from another Mod.

This is an Official Warning Number One. 

Start to engage constructively on the forum, or you are on the way to a permanent holiday from it.

You participation on the forum is welcome, Libel, but can you  operate within the forum guidelines, please. 

Really?
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Let's face it Australians don't care about this sport and will forever choose to ignore it. I have relatives living in country Victoria and they would not even know what shape the ball is let alone know the Women's World Cup is on. The aussie media is only interested in highlighting incidents rather than anything that might promote football.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Atlas - 10 Jun 2019 12:22 PM
Let's face it Australians don't care about this sport and will forever choose to ignore it. I have relatives living in country Victoria and they would not even know what shape the ball is let alone know the Women's World Cup is on. The aussie media is only interested in highlighting incidents rather than anything that might promote football.

I know people that call a football a "soccer", not even a soccer ball. I don't know whether it stems from aussie rules when they kick from the ground and call it a soccer. Weird but so Victorian
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

scubaroo - 10 Jun 2019 8:22 PM

I know people that call a football a "soccer", not even a soccer ball. I don't know whether it stems from aussie rules when they kick from the ground and call it a soccer. Weird but so Victorian

Victorians are the worsted! Followed by Queenlanders who are the technicity the dumbest Australians around.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The word “soccer” originated from English universities in the 1800’s ... apparently an abbreviation of “Association” ... 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Waz - 10 Jun 2019 9:43 PM

The word “soccer” originated from English universities in the 1800’s ... apparently an abbreviation of “Association” ... 

Yeah i know the history behind the name soccer, but why do they call the actual ball just "a soccer" or the action of kicking a ball off the ground "a soccer".
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Well we outrated the cricket with zero media coverage 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

scubaroo - 11 Jun 2019 12:35 AM
Waz - 10 Jun 2019 9:43 PM

Yeah i know the history behind the name soccer, but why do they call the actual ball just "a soccer" or the action of kicking a ball off the ground "a soccer".

Because they’re idiots ...
aok
aok
Pro

nomates - 10 Jun 2019 8:37 PM

Victorians are the worsted! Followed by Queenlanders who are the technicity the dumbest Australians around.

Followed by mould, lava, daylight and then finally to Kiwis living in Aus. ;)
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

i don't care what we do the rest of the world cup we have come back and beaten brazil 3-2 in a important game and where is the coverage? 
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Melbcityguy - 14 Jun 2019 6:58 AM
i don't care what we do the rest of the world cup we have come back and beaten brazil 3-2 in a important game and where is the coverage? 

Was top story on news com.au this morning, now that's something
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

StiflersMom - 14 Jun 2019 7:05 AM
Melbcityguy - 14 Jun 2019 6:58 AM

Was top story on news com.au this morning, now that's something

‘SUCK ON THAT ONE’: Aussie golden girl hits back at Matildas critics Matildas captain Sam Kerr didn’t mince her words after a dramatic comeback win but she was also embroiled in controversy when replays showed she got away with murder.

that's still a negative headline for me talking about what kerr said after the game when we won 3-2 most people would have no idea what the context is to her post match interview 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

It’s news. The fact that it’s covered on the front page is good enough for me...
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

good on her

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search