19/20 Kit thread

19/20 Kit thread

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Western United are the first side to release their kit for next season. I actually like their home kit while their away kit looks like a shitty rip off of Nigeria's World Cup kit.

Ersan Gulum in United's inaugural Hyundai A-League home strip

western united jersey

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Yes, I do like the home kit.
Away kit... hmm, not so much
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I don’t mind the away. At least it draws attention 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Away kit is awful.

Home kit is pretty good...

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Really like these kits. Especially that away. Hopefully they secure some sponsors which actually fit into the overall look of the kit.
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

BRFC_92 - 18 Jun 2019 8:25 PM
Really like these kits. Especially that away. Hopefully they secure some sponsors which actually fit into the overall look of the kit.

It will be interesting to see the level of sponsorships they can get.

Maybe Air Asia might see value in it given their Avalon flights. Who knows.
Toffees_or_Roar
Toffees_or_Roar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

If anyone can do a umbro kit design for roare modeled off the Jamaica Away kit, in orange black and white, id like to see it?

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Kind of surprised they went with that away kit. Everything else they have done from the name to the colours to the logo has been dull, predictable and uninspiring. I actually don't mind it. I get that it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I wish more clubs would take the opportunity to explore more unique designs for their away kits. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

The home kit looks great.  The best you can say for the away kit is that it's noticeable (read ugly).
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Not Bhed..

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2019 12:45 PM
Not Bhed..

I see you a man of culture
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The 'away' kit is apparently their third kit

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

marconi101 - 19 Jun 2019 1:13 PM
The 'away' kit is apparently their third kit

I actually wonder if the reason they are calling it the alternative rather than away kit in the media so they can get  a bit of free market research and see what the general public have to say. They would have known it would be a divisive design, so rather than commit to it being the away kit now they will just call it an alternative kit for now and if public opinion is positive they will then decide to use it for the away kit down the line.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Under Amour to make Sydney FC’s kit this season. Revealed on 24 July

ARNIE= LEGEND

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Interesting to see Under Armour move into licensed sports apparel.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

BRFC_92 - 1 Jul 2019 12:44 PM
Interesting to see Under Armour move into licensed sports apparel.

Genuinely interested to see what they come up with. 

Will this be the first team kit they will design? If so they'll essentially be starting on a blank canvas, unlike the major kit manufactures who tend to just use one of their templates when designing a league kits.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 1 Jul 2019 1:23 PM
BRFC_92 - 1 Jul 2019 12:44 PM

Genuinely interested to see what they come up with. 

Will this be the first team kit they will design? If so they'll essentially be starting on a blank canvas, unlike the major kit manufactures who tend to just use one of their templates when designing a league kits.

They have designed  Spurs and Southampton’s kits over the last few years, maybe some other sides as well.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

sub007 - 1 Jul 2019 1:29 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 1 Jul 2019 1:23 PM

They have designed  Spurs and Southampton’s kits over the last few years, maybe some other sides as well.

First in Aus yeah. Not everywhere as was mentioned.
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

Nix apparently going with an Australian company called Paladin.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

someguyjc - 19 Jun 2019 1:31 PM
marconi101 - 19 Jun 2019 1:13 PM

I actually wonder if the reason they are calling it the alternative rather than away kit in the media so they can get  a bit of free market research and see what the general public have to say. They would have known it would be a divisive design, so rather than commit to it being the away kit now they will just call it an alternative kit for now and if public opinion is positive they will then decide to use it for the away kit down the line.

I think my understanding of it will be, they will always wear their home kit, unless it clashes, then they will wear the other one. 
I mean, I know it's generally how most football teams wear their away kit, but I've noticed in NPL here in Canberra (and the A-League in the early years, and also some teams in the NRL and AFL), wear an away kit for ALL away games, unless the away kit clashes with the other teams home kit
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

RedKat - 1 Jul 2019 12:20 PM
Under Amour to make Sydney FC’s kit this season. Revealed on 24 July

So SFC have Puma and move away from them, Melbourne City have Nike and move to Puma. At least the Sky Blue won’t be from the same company :)

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Supposedly this is the away kit for MV next season. As a MV fan, I'm not impressed. Hope this turns out to be just a rumour. 

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

someguyjc - 3 Jul 2019 9:45 AM
Supposedly this is the away kit for MV next season. As a MV fan, I'm not impressed. Hope this turns out to be just a rumour. 

It’s alright. Grey is in fashion at the moment (we saw at least two clubs use it last year). 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I actually like it, I think the silver and the white play well together just like our (and the A-League's) first away kit.

The blue on the yoke makes me wonder if there'll still be a clash against other blue teams.
Edited
5 Years Ago by paladisious
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

footyheadlines.com also had the leaked home kit in their story as well (sorry, can’t link image)

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/07/melbourne-victory-19-20-home-away-kits.html?m=1

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i like it. We haven't really made use of silver since our season 3 away kit. 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Waz - 3 Jul 2019 9:48 AM
someguyjc - 3 Jul 2019 9:45 AM

It’s alright. Grey is in fashion at the moment (we saw at least two clubs use it last year). 

I like it
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

It's okay. A little plain.

With sponsors it may jazz it up a little, as long as they fit into the overall aesthetic.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Do not like the away going by that picture. 

Why do we persist with the v for the away kit? Or actually why couldn't our home kit go without it. Maybe just have 1 with a v, it's so restrictive in having something different. 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

scubaroo - 3 Jul 2019 2:22 PM
Do not like the away going by that picture. 

Why do we persist with the v for the away kit? Or actually why couldn't our home kit go without it. Maybe just have 1 with a v, it's so restrictive in having something different. 

I agree. The home kit is always going to have a traditional (for the club) design. The away kit should be an opportunity to experiment and do something creative. Unlike the home kit, the away kit design isn't constrained by as many rules. They can really do anything they want. Why not be creative. There is nothing wrong with this away kit, it's just boring.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search