paleo diet

paleo diet

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Has anyone tried a paleo diet?

I had a look at and it looks like there are many benefits i am just worried about the vitamins i will miss out of on if i avoid milk. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Jul 2019 12:17 PM
Has anyone tried a paleo diet?

I had a look at and it looks like there are many benefits i am just worried about the vitamins i will miss out of on if i avoid milk. 

But why?

Why do the diet?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 10 Jul 2019 2:29 PM
Melbcityguy - 10 Jul 2019 12:17 PM

But why?

Why do the diet?

-PB

so i can get in shape for futsal 
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

I usually run a very low carb diet if i'm looking to drop some quick weight. No rice, no pasta, no potato. Keep sugars lows too, even fruit.

A lot green salad/veg and some form of protein. And a lot of eggs.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 10 Jul 2019 7:43 PM
I usually run a very low carb diet if i'm looking to drop some quick weight. No rice, no pasta, no potato. Keep sugars lows too, even fruit.

Basically keto.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Grew up in a family where it was pasta, potato, eggs, bread and steak,  that was it... nothing else. 

14 years after moving out i still struggle to eat vegetables and salad, its such a tough thing to do when you didn't know anything else. Having said that my daughter has a fantastic range of vegies, fruit, grains and everything else, though i still don't like the sweetness of fruit i always try what she's having to find new stuff.
Its tough, i know ill never have a proper diet,  there are so many vegetables that i consistently try to eat but i cannot keep down.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Jul 2019 4:21 PM
paulbagzFC - 10 Jul 2019 2:29 PM

so i can get in shape for futsal 

The problem with those types of diets is that they're unsustainable. Inevitably, you're going to cave in and want to have some bread or some rice. Barring yourself from eating a certain type of food or restricting yourself to only certain types of food is very hard in the long term. 

Instead, just work out your TDEE (google around for some online calculators) and subtract 300 to 500 calories from it (depending how extreme you want to cut) and count the calories of everything you eat. There are a bunch of good websites out there that will help you work it out, after a while you'll get good at guesstimating how many calories are in the food you're eating. If you can cut out all calories from drinks, eating at a calorific deficit isn't enormously difficult. 

Besides, I've seen a few of the physiques at some futsal comps and they certainly aren't fitness freaks haha
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

433 - 11 Jul 2019 12:23 AM
Melbcityguy - 10 Jul 2019 4:21 PM

The problem with those types of diets is that they're unsustainable. Inevitably, you're going to cave in and want to have some bread or some rice. Barring yourself from eating a certain type of food or restricting yourself to only certain types of food is very hard in the long term. 

Instead, just work out your TDEE (google around for some online calculators) and subtract 300 to 500 calories from it (depending how extreme you want to cut) and count the calories of everything you eat. There are a bunch of good websites out there that will help you work it out, after a while you'll get good at guesstimating how many calories are in the food you're eating. If you can cut out all calories from drinks, eating at a calorific deficit isn't enormously difficult. 

Besides, I've seen a few of the physiques at some futsal comps and they certainly aren't fitness freaks haha

haha thanks for the reply i just want to try a more structured diet i find counting calories does not work for me. 

and i am surprised about the futsal comps you have been to i always see young kids who can run up and down and not get tired! 

Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

paulbagzFC - 10 Jul 2019 7:49 PM

Basically keto.

-PB

pretty much but I never actually 'go into' ketosis so I just call it low carb
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 11 Jul 2019 9:12 AM
433 - 11 Jul 2019 12:23 AM

haha thanks for the reply i just want to try a more structured diet i find counting calories does not work for me. 

and i am surprised about the futsal comps you have been to i always see young kids who can run up and down and not get tired! 

That's cos they're kids. That and do some cardio.  I work with a guy who is a big guy but has a massive tank
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

Mother in law had quick onset of arthritis a number of years back, the real debilitating one (rheumatoid?) and resisted the full on medication her doc was trying to administer. He said there was no other choice and that though her quality of life was to greatly change, the medication will offer some help. Instead she went down the paleo route and has managed it brilliantly just through diet. She does cave in sometimes and will get massive flareups that do some damage but when she sticks to an excellent diet, aside from really missing some foods, she has an excellent life.
And she can still drink brandy so she's pretty happy.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Savic - 15 Jul 2019 10:47 AM
Mother in law had quick onset of arthritis a number of years back, the real debilitating one (rheumatoid?) and resisted the full on medication her doc was trying to administer. He said there was no other choice and that though her quality of life was to greatly change, the medication will offer some help. Instead she went down the paleo route and has managed it brilliantly just through diet. She does cave in sometimes and will get massive flareups that do some damage but when she sticks to an excellent diet, aside from really missing some foods, she has an excellent life.
And she can still drink brandy so she's pretty happy.

The key to that condition as well is to maintain an anti-inflammatory diet as well.   
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
scubaroo - 11 Jul 2019 12:09 AM

Grew up in a family where it was pasta, potato, eggs, bread and steak,  that was it... nothing else. 

Golly. I’m just imagining some 600 pound behemoth mashing away at the keyboard.  
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

rusty - 15 Jul 2019 7:45 PM

lmao
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

hahaha xd 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Typing Working GIF

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Eat less. Go for a run. Pay me 10k.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search