Ashes First Test

Ashes First Test

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 10:29 AM
MikeR - 7 Aug 2019 10:22 AM

Langer said "Dave has been playing a lot  of white ball lately". Hello Alfie he needs to be playing red ball. Shows you how white ball cricket takes precedence in the thinking of those running our game. Frankly I have no qualms if he never plays for us again. His record in England is not all that flash anyway.

Will they omit any players from Lords. I say no as we are coming off a big win and CA usually give players at least two games on the trot.  So I expect Starc, Hazlewood, Harris, Neser and Marsh will have to cool their heels for a while longer.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 10:33 AM

Will they omit any players from Lords. I say no as we are coming off a big win and CA usually give players at least two games on the trot.  So I expect Starc, Hazlewood, Harris, Neser and Marsh will have to cool their heels for a while longer.

I wouldn't read too much in this game aren't Worcestershire last in Div 2. England did us no favours in the sides we get to play. Would have been ideal for Warner to get some timing and rhythm going.

Just looked up Div 2, Worcestershire best batsman is ranked No 36 in D'Oliviere. Best bowler is Tongue 1 place ahead of Maxwell. Should be a quick game.
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 10:25 AM
baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 9:56 AM

I did see that side Baggers, my first thought being what a joke. Oliver Davies? Where's Mackenzie Harvey.

Bet your first was where are all the Qlders. Yes where are they. Not producing good players your side of the border these days?  Knew having all those Blues picked was sure to raze those Qld hackles.  Agree Harvey omission was baffling.  Bryant is a young version of Aaron finch. Even looks like him. Will be good in white ball as all he has to do in that is see ball hit ball. No technique to speak of. There was a promising youngster from your national underage side cupla years back.. opened and skippered. Angus something. He seems to have gone from the radar.

Angus Lovell went to England playing Div 1 for Surrey. Don't know if he's English, don't think he is. He's one of the many that I was speaking about overlooked even though his record was outstanding ranked 7 in the U19WC year 2018 for the likes of Sangha (9), Edwards (20), Waugh (47). A player can only do so much putting the performances in on the field then the bias selections take place, no option but to go elsewhere to try and make a career. Another one lost

http://www.nationalchamps.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/cricket/battingav.aspx?entityid=17240&id=RV_CBA&

Where are all the Qlder's you ask. Burns, Renshaw, Hemphrey, where all good players should be getting experience in England. Where's Hughes Larkin, Patterson, Sangha et al, at home watching their cartoons on their Oled TV? Learning Ball Tampering skills? They're not in England. I'm surprised Sangha wasn't selected Baggers, what's he doing practising a graceful walk back to the pavilion after scoring a duck, he doesn't need to.... he got enough practice last year doing that.

No it was a very poor year last year talent wise here in Qld but we still made the Grand final which is more than NSW metro did what with Hearne, Olivier Davies, Holt, Austin Waugh, Liam Marshall, Sam Fanning who made the follow up U19 side 2019. Yeah future Baggy green wearers there. Would have thought they would be a shoe in especially now that Davis and Hearne making the touring side. No bias I can see 6 from the losers of the Semi Final. Can't even make the GF but hey lets put them in the developmental side. Actually Baggers from the U 19 grand finalists last year, none of them were selected not even Carlisle and Wilans in the U19 side

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

MikeR - 7 Aug 2019 11:46 AM

Angus Lovell went to England playing Div 1 for Surrey. Don't know if he's English, don't think he is. He's one of the many that I was speaking about overlooked even though his record was outstanding ranked 7 in the U19WC year 2018 for the likes of Sangha (9), Edwards (20), Waugh (47). A player can only do so much putting the performances in on the field then the bias selections take place, no option but to go elsewhere to try and make a career. Another one lost

http://www.nationalchamps.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/cricket/battingav.aspx?entityid=17240&id=RV_CBA&

Where are all the Qlder's you ask. Burns, Renshaw, Hemphrey, where all good players should be getting experience in England. Where's Hughes Larkin, Patterson, Sangha et al, at home watching their cartoons on their Oled TV? Learning Ball Tampering skills? They're not in England. I'm surprised Sangha wasn't selected Baggers, what's he doing practising a graceful walk back to the pavilion after scoring a duck, he doesn't need to.... he got enough practice last year doing that.

No it was a very poor year last year talent wise here in Qld but we still made the Grand final which is more than NSW metro did what with Hearne, Olivier Davies, Holt, Austin Waugh, Liam Marshall, Sam Fanning who made the follow up U19 side 2019. Yeah future Baggy green wearers there. Would have thought they would be a shoe in especially now that Davis and Hearne making the touring side. No bias I can see 6 from the losers of the Semi Final. Can't even make the GF but hey lets put them in the developmental side. Actually Baggers from the U 19 grand finalists last year, none of them were selected not even Carlisle and Wilans in the U19 side

How did Qld Cricket allow Lovell to leave. Surrey? will look him up. He impressed me in the underage games I saw. Betting Davies and Holt are future Baggy Green wearers... or at least in Aussie colors. Liam Marshall perhaps.. express pace I am told.  Blues have let Carlisle leave for Tassie. Another young talent gone because there is a roadblock to greater honors in our state. Wilans still playing in your neck of the woods?

Looked up Lovell. Is currently playing T20 for Surrey seconds. he joined Surrey club Guildford as their overseas player. So expect him back in Qld next year where he has been under the tutilage of Aussie-born Surrey batsman Adam Holioke.
Edited
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

MikeR - 7 Aug 2019 11:46 AM

LOL at the bold!

Its more difficult for players to get into counties now. First off, there are the Kolpaks, tons of them from SA. They may not take an import place, but they do eat into budgets. Next off, is the intl cricket requirement - they have to have played intl cricket recently. And finally, and this is the most difficult pill to swallow, there is so much competition from Pakistan, SA, SL - and while not this season as NZ had the WC and a SL tour, even NZ taking those intl pro spots.India only ever sends a few players to county - but the likes of Pujara and Sharma have all been over there of late.

That means people have to be prepared to play League cricket. Which the young players should. Older hands - are less likely to play that.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Hmmm. I think Pattinson could get spelled next game. He doesn't look 100% to me.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 7 Aug 2019 1:55 PM

Hmmm. I think Pattinson could get spelled next game. He doesn't look 100% to me.

Nothing wrong with playing English League cricket. Many Aussies have in the past.  Even our greats like Ponting and Michael Clarke did..Lancashire League from memory.  It is a good grounding to learn about local conditions.  Blues youngsters like Sangha, Fallins and Davies will benefit with some off season time playing second tier cricket in England. I figure if Siddle or Pattinson can pinch a county spot surely Hazlewood will also. 
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 2:06 PM
Paddles - 7 Aug 2019 1:55 PM

Nothing wrong with playing English League cricket. Many Aussies have in the past.  Even our greats like Ponting and Michael Clarke did..Lancashire League from memory.  It is a good grounding to learn about local conditions.  Blues youngsters like Sangha, Fallins and Davies will benefit with some off season time playing second tier cricket in England. I figure if Siddle or Pattinson can pinch a county spot surely Hazlewood will also. 

I suppose we post here for the tour game.
Worcestershire have no fewer than 4 England Under 19s reps. Our own Callum Ferguson is playing as is the son of Kepler Wessels.. Rickki.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 7:46 PM
baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 2:06 PM

I suppose we post here for the tour game.
Worcestershire have no fewer than 4 England Under 19s reps. Our own Callum Ferguson is playing as is the son of Kepler Wessels.. Rickki.

Head tonned up following his excellent support knocks at Edgbaston.  5d-266. Starc leaked runs. But the reserves are in good shape at stumps. Worcerstershire 3-31.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 8 Aug 2019 9:36 AM
baggygreenmania - 7 Aug 2019 7:46 PM

Head tonned up following his excellent support knocks at Edgbaston.  5d-266. Starc leaked runs. But the reserves are in good shape at stumps. Worcerstershire 3-31.

There is another thread for this tour game started by Red Kat, Baggers.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search