The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BrisbaneBhoy - 29 Jul 2019 1:07 AM
What a crazy race!! Loved it!!

Epic
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

scubaroo - 29 Jul 2019 2:32 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 29 Jul 2019 1:07 AM

Epic

The rain makes things great.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yep nothing like some rain, fast track.
Just what the season needed but tbh the last 3 races have been entertaining for its not a complete MB walkover as it was earlier in the season of 1-2's.
Young guns are certainly improving and doing well.
Vettel put in a great drive starting back of the grid to 2nd.
Shame LeCrec lost it.
I like Max no matter what some think, talent and arrogance, how many in sport have that blend to succeed.
Great for the Torro's 3rd.
FFS stroll 4th.
Pity for our DR.
Love the MB's outcome.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 29 Jul 2019 9:38 AM
I like Max no matter what some think, talent and arrogance, how many in sport have that blend to 

I like him too. I like him a lot.  He actually reminds me a lot of Vettel (who I also like), when Vettel was younger.  It's crazy to think he's what?? 21?? And is now in his fifth F1 season.

It's good to see a couple of the ""smaller"" teams (like Haas and McLaren) improving and becoming more competitive year on year.  Plus I love the Haas colour scheme. You can rarely screw-up 'Black and Gold'. Plus, it brings back some of that old 'Lotus - John Player Special' nostalgia.

I would  love to see Renault return to the top echelons like they were in the early - mid 2000's, along with the continual progress of the likes of the Haas's and McLaren's.

It will be interesting to see how the changes from 2021 will take place and what their "on paddock" results will look like.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

even though I'm a Ferrari fanboi from wayway back Max sure has been a thorn in vettels eyes but yer Max has it full stop and similar.
More aggressive than vettel was younger imo.
LeClerc is another cracker, look what he's done 1st season in the big game in the big 2.
Amazing talent.
As is Albon, he's showing promise a lot as well, very happy seeing Kvyat podium.
Agree mate the mid pack teams are improving finally.
McLaren well not a mid pack team for they are a big boy lost its mojo but finally on the improve and have good young un's as well, Sainz has it.
Haas they sure look nice, using last years Ferrari spec motor and do very well imo.
Huh those mad JPS Lotus scheme, I have pics from the 1st Adelaide GP of those.

Even though he's one of the vet's now Kimi is a beast - and go Alfa love seeing them up there.

I remember the early Reno Turbo days with Prost and Arnoux - man those things were fast and burnt motors just as quick back then, reliability sucked - they were brilliant in the Williams days of Piquet/Mansell.
Really hope they get more consistently competitive especially for Dan.

yep the changes 21 will be interesting as always.
Just hope they keep some of the F1 DNA bit more, the tech sure has eroded alot of it and some of the driver race rulings are a joke.

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Skipped the race last weekend after watching qualifying, and seeing both Ferrari's blow, and a Merc front row lockout. First race I have actively not watched since Suzuka 2014, and it throws this up ffs
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

If Mercedes wasn't in it,  this would be a fantastic season.

Its not so much a rainy race that makes our exciting,  though the drag strip right? But when it dries, then rains, then drains... they are the best. 

Im not a particular team supporter (other then the 'hamilton please crash team'), though do follow ricciardo,  but there's Just nothing better than seeing mercedes and ferraris crashing out.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

lol scubaroo, I get that from neutral supporters.
Just as we all like seeing the top money dogs suffer in football or whatever.
My ferrari support goes back to a couple things, parents came from there, Ferrari is one of the true F1 DNA of the past and have always had their own engines obviously, yes lots of money but that doesn't mean success always as we know and its a to die for brand being a car nut.
MB now are the Ferrari when Braun/MS ruled supreme, it hurts me but every dog has its day.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

LFC. - 1 Aug 2019 10:25 AM
lol scubaroo, I get that from neutral supporters.
Just as we all like seeing the top money dogs suffer in football or whatever.
My ferrari support goes back to a couple things, parents came from there, Ferrari is one of the true F1 DNA of the past and have always had their own engines obviously, yes lots of money but that doesn't mean success always as we know and its a to die for brand being a car nut.
MB now are the Ferrari when Braun/MS ruled supreme, it hurts me but every dog has its day.

I dont hate ferrari like i do, mercedes, i think it has alot to do with Hamilton and tito though,  ferrari has always had this kind of majesty, you can't hate it, but its good to see them fail. 

I hope we dont lose the german gp, i abhor these tracks with the huge runoffs, france, abu dhabi etc... they are visually disgusting on tv and the lack of risk and punishmemt going off track goes against everything about f1.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes hamilton - makes me sic.
I think Hock is working on securing holding more races in the future, it had better for me as well.
Can't lose these old majestic proper fast tracks - thats F1 at its finest.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Hamilton is Jacques Villeneuve without the poor team choices. He's a fast driver and a definite contender if we're talking all-time top 10 drivers, but his is a career that has to be looked at with one eye on the cars he's been fortunate enough to drive. He also has the advantage of being a British driver, which is where the majority of the F1 press are based. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

There's a great video I saw that chronicles the top 15 or so drivers over the years, converting EVERY race to the current points system
No surprises who comes out on top
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Link?

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Lewis Hamilton is top 5, don't worry about top 10. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Captain Haddock - 7 Aug 2019 6:06 PM
Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbxGfE4mRg

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Wonder where Senna would have ended up if not passing away early.
Schumi hanging in there love it.

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

LFC. - 9 Aug 2019 4:30 PM
Wonder where Senna would have ended up if not passing away early.
Schumi hanging in there love it.

Have a listen to the Beyond the Grid podcasts if you haven't already, just before I launch into my theories on Senna if he didn't pass away. One of them derives from an extended interview with Luca di Montezemelo from the podcast.

Option 1: He stays at Williams until retiring in 1997 (age 37, I think?). Wins the 1994 title (Hill was only on 6 points before San Marino, I think Senna could have done better than Hill over the season, and really, only needed to score 8 points more than Hill over the rest of the season, technically). 1995, lets say Benetton breaks through that year, and then Senna runs away with the '96 and '97 titles, making him a 6 time World Champion upon retiring.

Option 2: Senna met with Luca di Montezemelo and Ferrari in the week leading up to his death in Italy, and as per the podcast I discussed earlier, would have raced for Ferrari in 1996 instead of Schumacher
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Qualifying was an absolute farce,  q3 was a disgrace,  not to mention vettel appears to have all 4 tyres off the track on his only lap and also appears that botas didn't set a lap time when clearly the red flags were out before he set a time. 

I feel like the only way to do top 10 quali is by giving them one hot lap like in other motorsports to avoid the shit that's been happening this year. Though i hate changing rules all the time. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

There is always a farce in todays sport, how its run and how they have kept tweaking the rules opens for teams playing to the game.
An absolute joke re quali.
As for the race, Grazie CLCrec - FORZA !
For such a young driver with just 13 races holding off both mb's Bravo !
The tifosi went mad as expected, first win in 9yrs at Monza how sweet it is.
Well done also to Renault and DR.
Up yours hamilton, you still can't be humble after placing 2nd, your a twat.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

One of the better races in recent memory. Leclerc did an amazing job against Hamilton and Bottas.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 9 Sep 2019 3:25 PM
One of the better races in recent memory. Leclerc did an amazing job against Hamilton and Bottas.

there have been a few races this season that have been great tbh, surprisingly to me for I was getting quite negative on a sport I have enjoyed watching for a long time.
I think the young guns are starting to get a grip bit by bit.
Max has had his moments.
LeClerc recently but he started out quick fromt he get go, now settling in.
Albon is rising.
McLaren is slowly getting back.
Not too bad.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

scubaroo - 8 Sep 2019 1:08 AM
Qualifying was an absolute farce,  q3 was a disgrace,  not to mention vettel appears to have all 4 tyres off the track on his only lap and also appears that botas didn't set a lap time when clearly the red flags were out before he set a time. 

I feel like the only way to do top 10 quali is by giving them one hot lap like in other motorsports to avoid the shit that's been happening this year. Though i hate changing rules all the time. 

I burst out laughing, while at the same time shaking my head in disbelief as to how the qualifiers finished. Unbelievable.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

With each passing race the more and more impressed I am of Leclerc.  An amazing talent.

As spoken before in this thread, the quality and quantity of the young drivers competing the last couple of seasons has been very impressive.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Interesting watching pettels down cycle last 2 seasons.
Has hamiltons last 2 seasons driven his confidence down ?
The pressure being Ferrari lead driver last few seasons ?
Is he over driving the car now ? spinning out Monza error for eg
LeClerc's quick up rising this season to cope with as well ?

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 9 Sep 2019 7:00 PM

there have been a few races this season that have been great tbh, surprisingly to me for I was getting quite negative on a sport I have enjoyed watching for a long time.
I think the young guns are starting to get a grip bit by bit.
Max has had his moments.
LeClerc recently but he started out quick fromt he get go, now settling in.
Albon is rising.
McLaren is slowly getting back.
Not too bad.

Aye, all or this. With the current group of young drivers, the sport is in safe hands. I just wish 2021 would come around as I want to see how those changes (whatever they finally agree too) plays out on the tarmac.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

NicCarBel - 8 Aug 2019 10:53 PM
Captain Haddock - 7 Aug 2019 6:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbxGfE4mRg

Thank you 🙂

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 10 Sep 2019 9:32 AM
Interesting watching pettels down cycle last 2 seasons.
Has hamiltons last 2 seasons driven his confidence down ?
The pressure being Ferrari lead driver last few seasons ?
Is he over driving the car now ? spinning out Monza error for eg
LeClerc's quick up rising this season to cope with as well ?

It's hard to say what's going on with him. But he hasn't been performing to his normal high standards the last couple of seasons.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Sep 2019 9:35 AM

Aye, all or this. With the current group of young drivers, the sport is in safe hands. I just wish 2021 would come around as I want to see how those changes (whatever they finally agree too) plays out on the tarmac.

yer I'm with you.
The last few seasons has really dragged down "racing" on the track so to speak, too much pit running the course of races and drivers just a pawn of telemetry - as much as tech is great we still need drivers to be the main driver of outcomes imo AND some of the rules on track behaviour has been ridiculous !
Hoping Braun makes sure were back to real racing.

Yer I agree re the crop of new young drivers, more than usual by the way which is refreshing to see - as mentioned just hoping these new rules pulls back MB/Ferrari being the largest spenders so as the mid teams can at east have more hope being competitive.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Sep 2019 9:35 AM

Can't wait for these new changes,  whatever they will be. Red Bull with two great young drivers, mclaren rising and sainz and norris getting on well (re teds notebook at monza, funny)  renault starting to list,  le clerc is a star, vettel failing... not just a little but alot.
This season other than mercedes has been great. Hamilton is still a disgrace but we need villains.

Recent years all i could look forward to was ricciardo doing well or a laugh at force indias hitting each other or verstappen pissing everyone off.

The future looks good. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

trouble is the major changes won't occur till 21.
https://motorsport.tech/formula-1/f1-2021-regulations-overview-by-craig-scarborough

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search