world football appreciation thread

world football appreciation thread

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
i will start off with wolves.

their keeper, ruben neves and traore wow what a team to watch 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yer Wolves have been impressive.
Nuno has done a great job to date.
Europa now and should qualify again this season I reckon.
Burnley is another for me, no flash players but in general but they stick to Dyche game plan and dig in, their counters and set pieces net them results.
Toons punched above their weight last season thanks to Rafa.
Some sound players across the park.

Fin Teemu Pukki looks the goods up front, promoted Carnarys on the back of his 29goals in the Championship.
One to watch as well incl the club, they gave us/LFC some close scares on the counter opening day, they will trouble many through the season I expect.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

i thought the old firm was very entertaining lots of sliding tackles 

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I dislike Racing, but they scored a goal of absolute beauty against Godoy Cruz today.
check it out.

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/video-dario-cvitanich-marco-primero-racing_3_iPnT5NZGp.html

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

great play from the back and one touch football nice to see.

MCG, I'm guessing your talking about the SPL derby ?

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 3 Sep 2019 4:41 PM
great play from the back and one touch football nice to see.

MCG, I'm guessing your talking about the SPL derby ?

yes i only follow the rangers due to Gerrard 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 4 Sep 2019 9:44 AM

haha I can understand.
TBH I've always kept an eye on SPL from the Viduka/Moore days and then Rogic but like you being a Red supporter I'm all for SG doing well and hope he gets over them one day.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

imagine if kosovo beat england 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Sep 2019 7:11 AM
imagine if kosovo beat england 

Kosovo have done very well for themselves in their qualifying group however England is at home at Wembley so I can't see that happening. 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 2 Sep 2019 10:26 AM
i thought the old firm was very entertaining lots of sliding tackles 

What I found crazy, was there were no cards shown until the 89min. Quickly followed by another yellow and finished off with a red on the final whistle. Just before the first card was handed out I was hoping to see a match with no bookings - Just so I can see what sort of odds that would have paid out.  That said, there should have been a few booking early on in the match. How the ref allowed them was beyond belief IMO.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 4 Sep 2019 5:46 PM

haha I can understand.
TBH I've always kept an eye on SPL from the Viduka/Moore days and then Rogic but like you being a Red supporter I'm all for SG doing well and hope he gets over them one day.

I want to see him win absolutely NOTHING, while he is managing 'Them'.

If you had to pick one, who would you pick to follow??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Sep 2019 9:58 AM

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

LOL.....wouldn't expect anything different.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Sep 2019 10:00 AM
LFC. - 4 Sep 2019 5:46 PM

I want to see him win absolutely NOTHING, while he is managing 'Them'.

If you had to pick one, who would you pick to follow??

I can't help not supporting SG as you could understand BUT if push came to shove and fingers crossed he departs I would follow Hoops but I do like the underdog getting its pay back and one day they will I suppose.
More so due to Viduka's time and I loved him lol......

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

another club on the up it seems is Leicester,  Rogers has re structured the club some.
They face United away this weekend following week Spurs at home.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 10 Sep 2019 11:24 AM
another club on the up it seems is Leicester,  Rogers has re structured the club some.
They face United away this weekend following week Spurs at home.

what makes the epl interesting is the downfall of chelsea and united but then there is the rise of wolves, leicester and maybe everton 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Mmmm, not sure about downfall yet of Lampards mob, sure losing Hazard was a huge loss but overall I can still see them compete with the rest barring Reds and City.
They got a midfield, not too bad defense but people wondered where the goals coming from, that young Abraham scored a few but we wait and see after more games.
United well what can you say, when you read recent articles from Michael Owen for eg, he quotes they are not too far of us in comparison IF they could "click" and have a manager similar to Pep/Klopp.
I don't know what to think, McGuire had become a expensive talking point in the steps of VVD ?, yer well they there's alot more to it yet.
Ole craps on about Youth but to date he's playing more of the older players to me.
Sure James stood up the other week but you got to do it week in week out like TAA did to make impact.
In saying that your right, united have been in a downfall longer than people like to accept.
Its ground hog day season for them imo, they will pluck out some good performances but will struggle in the end I feel.
Yep good for the mid table clubs that is for sure.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I've always kept my eye on SerieA as well.
I think this season the way transfers have gone for many clubs Juve will have some better prepared challengers this time.
Napoli
Roma
Inter
Milan

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 10 Sep 2019 11:18 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Sep 2019 10:00 AM

I can't help not supporting SG as you could understand BUT if push came to shove and fingers crossed he departs I would follow Hoops but I do like the underdog getting its pay back and one day they will I suppose.
More so due to Viduka's time and I loved him lol......

No, I understand (I don't agree, but understand) where you are coming from with regards to Gerrard. The reason I asked was due to your comment on Viduka and Moore. 🙂

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer true, black and white re clubs lol.......
I did like Moore's time on the other side, purely being an Aussie and was a rock for them but Dukes was a Legend and made his name with you guys.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 10 Sep 2019 5:02 PM
yer true, black and white re clubs lol.......
I did like Moore's time on the other side, purely being an Aussie and was a rock for them but Dukes was a Legend and made his name with you guys.

😉

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

ErogenousZone - 10 Sep 2019 8:57 AM
Melbcityguy - 10 Sep 2019 7:11 AM

Kosovo have done very well for themselves in their qualifying group however England is at home at Wembley so I can't see that happening. 

well that was definley a match 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 11 Sep 2019 9:44 AM
ErogenousZone - 10 Sep 2019 8:57 AM

well that was definley a match 

yer sure was.
Fancy poms down 1nil in 1minute.
would have been 4-3 without the OG.

Albania doing Iceland a surprise ? I guess so what the Icelanders have done in recent years.

Friggin Ronaldo scores 4, what will they do without him come the day he hangs up the boots.
This NT has a good chance going all the way as long as Ronaldo doesn't get injured.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 11 Sep 2019 9:56 AM
Melbcityguy - 11 Sep 2019 9:44 AM

yer sure was.
Fancy poms down 1nil in 1minute.
would have been 4-3 without the OG.

Albania doing Iceland a surprise ? I guess so what the Icelanders have done in recent years.

Friggin Ronaldo scores 4, what will they do without him come the day he hangs up the boots.
This NT has a good chance going all the way as long as Ronaldo doesn't get injured.

portugal won euros, euro nations, futsal and beach football 

they will be ok with João Silva and bernardo silva 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer he's a beast Bernado Silva.
Young Silva still to prove himself NT levels but potential is for all to see, he sure won't be at Ronaldo goal % returns imo.
Thats some games won on his back alone and more - can't see many players able to do that so often.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Villians Hammers game was a cracker this morn.
Hammers playing with 10 from 67th min away.
Went to the wire players off their feet in the end.
Villians lack goal scorers.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

wolves are not starting well this year. at the bottom of the epl and lost this morning 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 20 Sep 2019 7:46 AM
wolves are not starting well this year. at the bottom of the epl and lost this morning 

haven't had that easy a run but 3 draws out of 5 games, a game played with 10.
Their 1st Europa game in I don't know how long - or when if they contested it the last 20yrs.
Not great but early days in the league and looks like all have stepped up a gear.
United struggled getting by Astana @ home.
That Juve Atletico CL was a rippa to the end.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Young James Maddison is enjoyable to watch @ the Foxs.
Got all the technical skills/pace/and a shot......
Good game watching them play Spurs at home and then we had Sheffield United do the toffees away.
Great seeing a promoted club making noise.
talking promoted how is Granada after 5games in LaLiga top of the table having just beaten Barca 2nil !
Lovely to see.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 22 Sep 2019 10:46 AM
Young James Maddison is enjoyable to watch @ the Foxs.
Got all the technical skills/pace/and a shot......
Good game watching them play Spurs at home and then we had Sheffield United do the toffees away.
Great seeing a promoted club making noise.
talking promoted how is Granada after 5games in LaLiga top of the table having just beaten Barca 2nil !
Lovely to see.

yeah granada good shout they are the ftbl forum team of the week 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search