'Her death must not be in vein': Arrested female Iranian fan sets herself on fire outside court...

'Her death must not be in vein': Arrested female Iranian fan sets...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
'Her death must not be in vein': Arrested female Iranian fan sets herself on fire outside court

https://thewomensgame.com/news/her-death-must-not-be-in-vein-arrested-female-iranian-fan-sets-herself-on-fire-outside-court-530867

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Any country who bans women or anyone else from games/playing football should be banned from FIFA until they pull themselves out of the dark ages. 

It's be nice to see the pro equal pay advocates in the West to show some support to their sisters elsewhere too. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 11 Sep 2019 1:56 PM
Any country who bans women or anyone else from games/playing football should be banned from FIFA until they pull themselves out of the dark ages. 

It's be nice to see the pro equal pay advocates in the West to show some support to their sisters elsewhere too. 

agreed
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

This and the threats made by the Iranian government to an Iranian judoka who refused to withdraw from a competition to avoid an Israeli should make for very uncomfortable viewing for any sports fan. FIFA and the IOC have to take action and severely punish if not ban them from international competition. Would be nice to hear some support for this cause from all the advocates of women’s rights and women’s sport in this country. 
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

if it was a western white country doing this FIFA would have no problems baning them, but they don't want to upset Muslim sensibilities 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

100%.  Medieval bunch of clowns.  By all accounts the people are great just the fuckers in charge that are the problem.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Just noticed the typo in the headline.  Surely it should be 'vain'.

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 11 Sep 2019 3:28 PM

100%.  Medieval bunch of clowns.  By all accounts the people are great just the fuckers in charge that are the problem.

I've met/known plenty of Iranians and they have all been respectful, educated and lovely people.  

It's also been hard for me to comprehend how backwards the regime is given how great Iranians seem to be here in Aus. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Why can't they just ban these clowns from international sport. Clear there leaders have no genuine interest in it.

And then it becomes divisive in ways like the shit in this article. And will continue to get used like so until this  kind of shit ends, which will never happen, so more will die doing so.

Muz
Muz
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 11 Sep 2019 5:58 PM

I've met/known plenty of Iranians and they have all been respectful, educated and lovely people.  

It's also been hard for me to comprehend how backwards the regime is given how great Iranians seem to be here in Aus. 

They're top people that's for sure and bloody hell they all remember that game in 1997.  Chatted to heaps of them in Russia and it got brought up heaps.  Cheeky bastards.

I know we were devo'd to miss out but on the plus side they really relish that win and their appearance at the WC. 

Member since 2008.

Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur
Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)

I’m sorry but this lady is frigging bonkers. She wasn’t allowed into a game. So she lit herself on fire??? I know theirs more to it with the struggle women have but surely theirs better ways to do things. It’s like suicide bombers. Why don’t they use timers or maybe just throw the bomb.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

I might be wrong but isn't that the case with Saudi Arabia as well?
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Bozza1# - 11 Sep 2019 8:44 PM
I’m sorry but this lady is frigging bonkers. She wasn’t allowed into a game. So she lit herself on fire??? I know theirs more to it with the struggle women have but surely theirs better ways to do things. It’s like suicide bombers. Why don’t they use timers or maybe just throw the bomb.

Yeh in all honesty I can't say I feel sorry for someone who clearly didn't value her life one bit, or have any respect for her family knowing how much damage she would cause just because she's not allowed to go watch football in a stadium. 

It's a pathetic law going back hundreds of years from now, let alone in today's age, but ffs there are way bigger issues people face in life who don't burn themselves to death, yet this chick did it all over sport.

I also don't see why people are calling for FIFA to ban Iran. It's their country and their rules, as long as they never get a host and football tournament with these stupid laws it doesn't affect me one bit.

Banning them on the other hand would affect the dreams of all Iranian footballers both men and women, not to mention the millions of Iranian football fans worldwide, again both male and female. 
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

robstazzz - 11 Sep 2019 10:39 PM

Yeh in all honesty I can't say I feel sorry for someone who clearly didn't value her life one bit, or have any respect for her family knowing how much damage she would cause just because she's not allowed to go watch football in a stadium. 

It's a pathetic law going back hundreds of years from now, let alone in today's age, but ffs there are way bigger issues people face in life who don't burn themselves to death, yet this chick did it all over sport.

I also don't see why people are calling for FIFA to ban Iran. It's their country and their rules, as long as they never get a host and football tournament with these stupid laws it doesn't affect me one bit.

Banning them on the other hand would affect the dreams of all Iranian footballers both men and women, not to mention the millions of Iranian football fans worldwide, again both male and female. 

Contravention of "FIFA Statutes, Article 4, Non discrimination, equality and neutrality" is "strictly prohibited and is punishable by suspension or expulsion".

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/fifa-statutes-5-august-2019-en.pdf?cloudid=ggyamhxxv8jrdfbekrrm

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Gyfox - 11 Sep 2019 10:51 PM

Contravention of "FIFA Statutes, Article 4, Non discrimination, equality and neutrality" is "strictly prohibited and is punishable by suspension or expulsion".

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/fifa-statutes-5-august-2019-en.pdf?cloudid=ggyamhxxv8jrdfbekrrm

Fair enough if it's in their rules, but all I'm saying is I don't support it as it would affect millions of fans and players worldwide because of the decision by some thick headed people in their government.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

So you have no sympathy for suicide victims and don't care about injustice in other countries because it doesn't personally effect you? What a deplorable thing to say. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

For a country where women are subjugated so much that they cannot go to a football match,  something we can do without thinking about it simply because she has the ability to carry children. A hugely symbolic yet tragic event where maybe it represents something a whole lot more than just not being able to go to a football match. 

I couldn't fathom any reasoning in my life for doing anything like this but certainly couldn't hold it against someone else considering all that women go up against in countries like Iran.

FIFA could do a whole lot more and suspensions should absolutely be an option.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Sad

World football 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

They can't be all that bad. This is the same government that officially changed a street name in Tehran where the British Embassy is located from "Winston Churchill Street" to "Bobby Sands Street" 🤣👏👍

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

seems an extreme way to highlight womens rights ...I'd say maybe she had a lot more going on in her life and mental health than this.

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

433 - 11 Sep 2019 11:33 PM

So you have no sympathy for suicide victims and don't care about injustice in other countries because it doesn't personally effect you? What a deplorable thing to say. 

Not all suicide victims kill themselves because they weren't allowed to watch a live game of football. So you're wrong in throwing all suicide victims under the one umbrella. 

So no I don't have any sympathy for her. I only feel sorry for her family. 

Also by banning the whole nation from football you're affecting millions of their fans from enjoying FIFA tournaments, and also damaging careers of many players good enough to be playing international football both for country and club ( ACL ). 

I guess you couldn't give a shit about all those millions of people though, and would rather punish a whole nation because of some idiot who has passed a law where woman can't attend football matches.

T1m
T1m
Super Fan
Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)

robstazzz - 12 Sep 2019 4:51 AM
433 - 11 Sep 2019 11:33 PM

Not all suicide victims kill themselves because they weren't allowed to watch a live game of football. So you're wrong in throwing all suicide victims under the one umbrella. 

So no I don't have any sympathy for her. I only feel sorry for her family. 

Also by banning the whole nation from football you're affecting millions of their fans from enjoying FIFA tournaments, and also damaging careers of many players good enough to be playing international football both for country and club ( ACL ). 

I guess you couldn't give a shit about all those millions of people though, and would rather punish a whole nation because of some idiot who has passed a law where woman can't attend football matches.

Bans are nearly always because of idiots in charge.
The whole point of banning is that everyone misses out to force the hand of the person in charge.

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

T1m - 12 Sep 2019 6:18 AM
robstazzz - 12 Sep 2019 4:51 AM

Bans are nearly always because of idiots in charge.
The whole point of banning is that everyone misses out to force the hand of the person in charge.

If the ban works than it would be good 100%, but I don't think their government would give a fuck, but then again I could be wrong so who knows. 

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

+1. What stupid laws. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

100%. Don't put the attributes of the idiotic power hungry Islamic theocracy onto the people. 

Oh & yeah the Saudi regime are a bunch of fucking scumbags as well.   
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

FIFA prove themselves again to be a bunch of corrupt hypocritical twats.  They threaten Australia with suspension because they did not like the way our men's and women's leagues are governed, yet don't bat an eyellid at tinpot regimes that ban 50% of their population from watching/participating in the sport.
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

aok - 12 Sep 2019 9:33 AM
FIFA prove themselves again to be a bunch of corrupt hypocritical twats.  They threaten Australia with suspension because they did not like the way our men's and women's leagues are governed, yet don't bat an eyellid at tinpot regimes that ban 50% of their population from watching/participating in the sport.

very true ....one rule for some and another for others ...why though ? .....its not like Iran is a world football power ..?

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

As I read it I the self-immolation happened after she realised she could be jailed for up to 6 months in a disused chicken farm with other women convicted of violent crimes... for attending a football match.

I think anyone would have trouble dealing with that, without even taking into account what religious/family/social stigma's might be in play in her situation. 

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

robstazzz - 12 Sep 2019 8:17 AM
T1m - 12 Sep 2019 6:18 AM

If the ban works than it would be good 100%, but I don't think their government would give a fuck, but then again I could be wrong so who knows. 

Perhaps you don't realise how massive football is in Iran. The pressure from the general public would be enormous.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Yeah, all the Iranians I've met have been very warm, very nice people (sadly not something I could say about the Arabs, but that's a different topic). Maybe it's mainly the good ones that get out because they can't stand the ayatollah system. I guess the fundamentalists would be happy to stay in Iran. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search