The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Although still a fair way off, the proposed changes sound good to me. I read somewhere that Sauber's recent test on a scale model showed that the amount of turbulent air following the car under the new regulations would decrease from 50% to around 5% which is huge if it stays like that once the rules are in place. 
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Chris_AUFC - 10 Sep 2019 8:36 PM
Although still a fair way off, the proposed changes sound good to me. I read somewhere that Sauber's recent test on a scale model showed that the amount of turbulent air following the car under the new regulations would decrease from 50% to around 5% which is huge if it stays like that once the rules are in place. 

Ross Brawn/Liberty have their own aero guys on staff that have been trying to get around the proposed new rules without much success.  The 5% you heard was from a test the Liberty Group ran on a car they designed themselves trying to get around the rules.  Liberty are working really hard on reducing aero and focus more on mechanical grip and ground effects (neither cause much problems with the cars following them).  

So happy for Leclerc he's such a good driver.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Really praying Liberty Brawn do the right thing overall for F1.
Brawn I know would have the best interest in the game But Yanky Liberty I have my questions being typical American and Carey at the helm.
We shall see......

Mentioning LeClerc again yes so much talent and thrown in the deep end and coming out brilliant for me, especially being a Ferrari supporter.
I'm really looking forward to the future grids for incl CLC there is some real talent not just about how much dollars they can bring.
CLC 22yrs
Max 22yrs, what a ding dong battle these 2 in the years ahead
Gasly 23, not bad, probably got int he fire too early with RB
Sainz 25, ok he's been there some now but he keeps showing the promise to me, mclaren now on the up good fit
Albon 23, we can see his potential as did RB orchestrating the swap
Norris 20 !, impressed
Russell 21, sadly Williams is at the back but he's driving its rubber off, if he could get in a torro/Haas even Alfa

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

3 things I'd be changing (amongst many others):

1. More teams. The Concorde Agreement stifles competition and besides Ferrari, McLaren, Williams (and I suppose Red Bull) it seems like near every other team on the grid keeps getting bought out every season or 2, and it makes it harder for a casual fan to follow along. Plus, more teams means more cars, more opportunities for genuinely talented drivers and the next Colin Chapman/ Adrian Newey to shake things up. Sure, there'll be the odd USF1/ Andrea Moda/ Life but it's a small price to pay for a more competitive grid.

2. Cap total races to 18 a season. Makes every result count that little bit more, plus curbs these Herman Tilke clones being put up in countries with a tonne of cash to throw but little national enthusiasm for the sport. Monaco could stay, but it needs to be investigated if sections of the track could be expanded/ opened up (thinking the harbour front chicane) to allow more passing opportunities. Monaco, Silverstone, Monza and Spa should all automatically be on the calendar, plus races in Germany, Japan, Australia and other countries that have always had a healthy motorsport following.

3. Bring back the grid girls. Trying to appeal to sour-faced cat ladies is pointless. What's more empowering than allowing these girls to get paid to attend a prestigious event AND ad to their portfolio? If there's ever another female driver on the grid, get a couple of footy players/ male fitness models to be her "grid boys". Gender equality and everybody wins. Like I said, the sour-faced cask wine drinking cat ladies aren't going to watch F1 anyway. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

CH this is the main regards the Concorde Agreement :

The Concorde Agreement is a contract between the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the Formula One teams and the Formula One Administration. The Concorde Agreement defines the agreement about how the teams race, and how the money is divided up. The money includes the television revenue and prize money.

There have been six Concorde Agreements since 1981. The terms of all of the agreements have been kept a secret. The secrecy was broken by racing journalist Forrest Bond when the 1997 Concorde Agreement was published in 2006 by RaceFax.[1]

The basic requirements of the agreements are to be professional and to increase the success of Formula One. The biggest requirement of the teams to participate in every race. This makes Formula One better for the broadcasters. Broadcasters spend a large amount of money to televise the races. In return for racing, the teams were guaranteed a percentage of the sport's revenue.

I'm not sure the principles have changed much to date.
Agree re the Grid Girls being re introduced.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search