Goal! Sacramento is officially a Major League Soccer city

Goal! Sacramento is officially a Major League Soccer city

Author
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article236416963.html

It took years to line up the kick. But Sacramento has scored. It’s now a Major League Soccer city.

The Burkle group, which came to a franchise agreement with the league after negotiations that extended from April to now, will launch pre-construction site work for a 20,000-plus seat stadium in the downtown Sacramento railyard. The $252 million stadium https://www.sacbee.com/sports/mls/article231177268.html is expected to be ready to host a team in spring of 2022 under the city’s existing Republic Football Club banner.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

mls is going alright 
con m
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Las Vegas soccer stadium deal talks extended to February | Las Vegas Review-Journal

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/las-vegas/las-vegas-soccer-stadium-deal-talks-extended-to-february-1902514

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I was in Vegas the other week, .
Looks really modern but this is for NFL, note the cost !
Allegiant Stadium
Cost of Raiders stadium in Las Vegas rises to $1.9 billion. ... The stadium is due to open in 2020 just off the Las Vegas Strip. Taxpayers are funding $750 million of the project. Plans call for a translucent roof, a natural grass field and sliding doors that can open to view the Strip.Jul 19, 2019

Hope the MLS one gets up and running....

Love Football

con m
con m
Pro

LFC. - 29 Nov 2019 1:55 PM
I was in Vegas the other week, .
Looks really modern but this is for NFL, note the cost !
Allegiant Stadium
Cost of Raiders stadium in Las Vegas rises to $1.9 billion. ... The stadium is due to open in 2020 just off the Las Vegas Strip. Taxpayers are funding $750 million of the project. Plans call for a translucent roof, a natural grass field and sliding doors that can open to view the Strip.Jul 19, 2019

Hope the MLS one gets up and running....

article is talking about soccer stadium deal isn't it
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Off topic....

Every time I read/see something about Sacramento, I always get reminded about the time when I was in LA, talking to my Uber driver (a Californian - not an immigrant).  When Sacramento entered the conversation somehow, and I brought up that Sacramento was California's capital, he was shocked and had to look it up as he always thought LA or San Francisco were the State's capital, yet finished the sentence by saying "it makes sense, as there is a lot of government buildings up there." 🤣

Got to love their geography knowledge 😅

/End of topic rant

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search