Do we owe Wellington an apology?

Do we owe Wellington an apology?

Author
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jeggohouse - 13 Jan 2020 11:22 AM
RyanM - 13 Jan 2020 10:31 AM

It clearly does annoy Nix fans, as evidenced by this thread lol. 

The thread is about people apologising to the nix, the people getting upset are the #nixout brigade.

Sure it does, thats why any thread picking on wellington we see the same nix fans writing paragraphs defending their inclusion in the A-League, but hey you don't care though.

I never said I was sensible.
Regardless of the arguments for and against, I think it's more WP fans believing it is their god-given right to be in the HAL that irritates people. You are guests, be a bit more grateful.         

The Phoenix own part of the league, they've contributed millions to the FFA and Australian football by wearing losses because of the way the TV deal was distributed, the same as all the clubs. They aren't guests they are owners.

jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

RyanM - 13 Jan 2020 11:27 AM
jeggohouse - 13 Jan 2020 11:22 AM

The thread is about people apologising to the nix, the people getting upset are the #nixout brigade.

Sure it does, thats why any thread picking on wellington we see the same nix fans writing paragraphs defending their inclusion in the A-League, but hey you don't care though.

I never said I was sensible.
Regardless of the arguments for and against, I think it's more WP fans believing it is their god-given right to be in the HAL that irritates people. You are guests, be a bit more grateful.         

The Phoenix own part of the league, they've contributed millions to the FFA and Australian football by wearing losses because of the way the TV deal was distributed, the same as all the clubs. They aren't guests they are owners.

And instead of ignoring them as stated, WP fans are replying to every single comment.

As if they'd be allowed to compete if they didn't have a stake in the league. By 'guests' I quite clearly meant that they have been given an exemption to compete in not just a foreign federation, but a completely different confederation. They're guests in the AFC, and they're literally not even allowed to compete in the ACL. Therefore, guests. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by jeggohouse
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

FunkMasterFlex - 13 Jan 2020 8:28 AM
It's quite simple, they are not Australian, they shouldn't be in the league. 

Like your coach, several of your players and the owners of your club?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

That's not entirely accurate. In order to be part of the league they have to operate under an Australian company entity, which they do. They have an Australian ACN and business name. They have to pay GST along with any other relevant Australian taxes. They are bound by Australian employee laws along with the players CBA. 
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The FFA will apologise in person when they can them.   
A.Haak
A.Haak
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

WSF - 13 Jan 2020 10:45 AM
RyanM - 13 Jan 2020 10:31 AM

Of course I care; if you don't care about your club or the league, why the fuck are you posting on a forum about it?
A.Haak
A.Haak
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

jeggohouse - 13 Jan 2020 11:20 AM

This is genuinely something you have just made up out of thin air.

NZ football fans know to be grateful for whatever we've got considering what we've come from.

It's not about us not being grateful for being in the league. It's been more about the lack of any sort of admission that we are one of the best run clubs in the league and are actually helping keeping the damn thing afloat - all while dealing with far more bullshit than any other club has had to.
Edited
4 Years Ago by A.Haak
Gazzza
Gazzza
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

just kick them out already ffs

mrsmiis
mrsmiis
Fan
Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)Fan (56 reputation)

Honestly just amazes me how many dumb fucks would like to see the best-performing team in a horrifically struggling league, with the most promising Aussie coach, playing the best football and developing the best players the league has ever seen, get kicked out. I hate the term, but this is the most salty I've ever seen a group of people.

The Phoenix are doing twice as much to keep the league alive as any other club this season bar Sydney.
Edited
4 Years Ago by mrsmiis
BullsFC
BullsFC
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
That's why Nix rate better then almost all other HAL on FTA TV and Fox. Wellington is always the underdog in crowd numbers/ratings and league ladder each year no matter what.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Would rather have a second club in Gosford 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
BullsFC - 13 Jan 2020 5:44 PM
That's why Nix rate better then almost all other HAL on FTA TV and Fox. Wellington is always the underdog in crowd numbers/ratings and league ladder each year no matter what.

Vintage nomates.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

A.Haak - 13 Jan 2020 1:58 PM
jeggohouse - 13 Jan 2020 11:20 AM

This is genuinely something you have just made up out of thin air.

NZ football fans know to be grateful for whatever we've got considering what we've come from.

I do not see this sentiment ever being expressed by NZ football fans, here, Reddit, #sokkahtwitter or any other form of social media.

scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

hames_jetfield - 13 Jan 2020 6:26 PM
A.Haak - 13 Jan 2020 1:58 PM

I do not see this sentiment ever being expressed by NZ football fans, here, Reddit, #sokkahtwitter or any other form of social media.

Mostly Ryan passive aggressively stating Australians are scumbags.
overroared
overroared
Amateur
Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)Amateur (576 reputation)

Would be happy to see a competitive, stand alone and self reliant NZ expansion club - viz Auckland. Some of u lot barking about Welly should get a life!. Just my 1 cents worth.

BullsFC
BullsFC
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)Hardcore Fan (281 reputation)

paladisious - 13 Jan 2020 6:17 PM
BullsFC - 13 Jan 2020 5:44 PM

Vintage nomates.

Good.

RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

scott20won - 13 Jan 2020 6:29 PM
hames_jetfield - 13 Jan 2020 6:26 PM

Mostly Ryan passive aggressively stating Australians are scumbags.

Talk about passive aggressive.

scott20won
scott20won
Pro

RyanM - 13 Jan 2020 6:45 PM
scott20won - 13 Jan 2020 6:29 PM

Talk about passive aggressive.

You do it
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

and I think you are pompous 
scott20won
scott20won
Pro

If you want to be more direct 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

mrsmiis - 13 Jan 2020 5:24 PM
Honestly just amazes me how many dumb fucks would like to see the best-performing team in a horrifically struggling league, with the most promising Aussie coach, playing the best football and developing the best players the league has ever seen, get kicked out. I hate the term, but this is the most salty I've ever seen a group of people.

The Phoenix are doing twice as much to keep the league alive as any other club this season bar Sydney.

Yeah this season but for the past 10?  Boot them out already.  They're sponging off Australia's professional domestic football league taking up a place that could easily go to an Australian side.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
BullsFC
BullsFC
Hardcore Fan

Munrubenmuz - 13 Jan 2020 7:18 PM
mrsmiis - 13 Jan 2020 5:24 PM

Yeah this season but for the past 10?  Boot them out already.  They're sponging off Australia's professional domestic football league taking up a place that could easily go to an Australian side.

plz, like Western United that get 4k crowds playing out of AFL ovals? You want more of that then the Nix>?

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Have Fun Lads

Clear Contact There

Edited
4 Years Ago by Blew.2
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro

scott20won - 13 Jan 2020 6:49 PM
If you want to be more direct 

Meh, i couldn't really care what you think.

ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I'm all for what Wellington brings to the league. If NZ ever gets it together enough to have a fully professional comp, I might reconsider my position. For now, enjoy the ride. They've had their ups and downs - I wasn't a huge fan during the Herbert years - but that's like any club. Merrick, Rudan and now Talay have produced some thoroughly entertaining teams. 
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

I dont hate the Nix but i'd rather see the licences go to a Australian based club. Im find with the Nix being in the league as long as NZ FA Support them financially there presents should only be tolerated if it doesnt cost us anything as the do bring increased exposure numbers to the game and a greater talent pool to draw players from. 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

A.Haak - 13 Jan 2020 8:21 AM
It's very funny that one of the main reasons people have wanted us out over the years is because another Aussie team would be better for Australian football development - yet we have average foreign coaches at multiple Aussie A-League clubs and recycled, old journeymen players still running around.

In comparison, the Nix have given a 2nd chance to Ernie and a chance for Talay/Rudan. They've also, this year, got a team full of players who have never been seen in the A-League before. Out of the First XI, only DeVere and maybe Sotirio are players you can say were 'recycled' from other A-League clubs.

The continued commitment of a section of the Australian footballing fraternity to deflect from the A-League's actual problems to focus on the Nix - a well run, stable, financially independent club - will always be baffling to me.

You posted that on facey didnt u 😉😉
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search