Cricket books

Cricket books

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I've read heaps of cricket books, with most autobiographies fading out to be quite boring and repetitive. Many I've started I've struggled to finish.

A recent autobiography, which  has been surprisingly better, was Bradley Hogg's.

I've tended to find overseas cricketers' biographies and autobiographies more interesting. 

An excellent book of the past was Bob Simpson's  The Reasons Why. It discussed the resurgence of Australian cricket after a poor period in the 80s.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I've read plenty too. But I stopped reading them a longt time ago.

The one book I wish I had read (not that anything like this book even existed then) as a kid - is Ian Pont's the Bible of Fast Bowling.

Anyone with a kid playing cricket, anyone coaching cricket, anyone remotely interested in bowling, should read this book. 

https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Bowlers-Bible-Ian-Pont/dp/1861268513

Who is Ian Pont? Exactly. Look into him. He is a fascinating man. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Pont

Because until you get some heat on the ball, you're noone. We may call  130/133km/h medium wathcing intls, but you try bowling that fast. Once you have speed, like Hadlee, Lillee, and McGrath, you can bring the speed back - for seam, and swing control. But you need some real pace first to then sacrifice it for control or special deliveries.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Decentric - 3 Oct 2019 11:12 AM

A recent autobiography, which  has been surprisingly better, was Bradley Hogg's.

Good read.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I’ve read biographies  and auto-biographies of Rod Marsh, David Boon, Dennis Lillee and Ricky Ponting, with all becoming less interesting as their careers developed. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Talysais - 17 Jan 2020 3:36 AM
very helpful, thank you!

Welcome to the forum, Talysais. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search