T 20 Thread

T 20 Thread

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Even though I’m currently uninterested in BBL, there are a lot more fans of this than red ball cricket ATM. 

This is probably for general comments regarding T20. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I’m a TCA Member, live about 8 mins walk from the ground, but don’t watch Hob Hurricanes in the BBL. 

If they mandated 1-2 compulsory slips, I could get interested in T 20. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 14 Jan 2020 7:12 PM
I’m a TCA Member, live about 8 mins walk from the ground, but don’t watch Hob Hurricanes in the BBL. 

If they mandated 1-2 compulsory slips, I could get interested in T 20. 

That is a good point DC. I watch T20 purely for its entertainment value.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

deleted
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 17 Jan 2020 9:38 AM
baggygreenmania - 17 Jan 2020 9:37 AM

Seems you are not alone in your interest in T20. Not one member posting. Odd with two world cups this year both on home soil.

MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 17 Jan 2020 9:39 AM
baggygreenmania - 17 Jan 2020 9:38 AM

I was like yourself but over the last 3 years I have come to appreciate the game a lot more, and I even went last year to a game, and the atmosphere I compare to a Broncos home game, not State of Origin yet where crowds want heads ripped off, but it is good especially for families, young kids, the future of cricket are watching T20, You rarely see the family at test cricket anymore. Remember the "hills", where kids used to play during the test, they don't exist anymore, now CA want upgrades to the Gabba at phenomenal costs to government all for an additional 5000 seats or else they take the test match away. 5000 additional seats will make the ground appear even more empty, go for it CA, there is no threat, and you lose the Gabbatoir, the fortress of Australian cricket
Edited
4 Years Ago by MikeR
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

MikeR - 17 Jan 2020 10:15 AM

I was like yourself but over the last 3 years I have come to appreciate the game a lot more, and I even went last year to a game, and the atmosphere I compare to a Broncos home game, not State of Origin yet where crowds want heads ripped off, but it is good especially for families, young kids, the future of cricket are watching T20, You rarely see the family at test cricket anymore. Remember the "hills", where kids used to play during the test, they don't exist anymore, now CA want upgrades to the Gabba at phenomenal costs to government all for an additional 5000 seats or else they take the test match away. 5000 additional seats will make the ground appear even more empty, go for it CA, there is no threat. 

Insightful post, Mile. 

Particularly about families being less common at Test cricket. 

There are quite a kot a lot of people I know who watch Hobart Hurricanes, but don’t like discussing cricket like we do in the TCA Members. 

What I don’t like is now the supposed cricket season being considered by many as the start and finish of the T 20 men’s and women’s roster. 

When people ask me if I’m attending the cricket, they mean BBL. 

I feel like BBL has stolen the summer of cricket away from red ball cricket - and - nationally I’m also a keen follower of football (soccer) in summer. 

I also recognize I am in a very small minority. There are plenty of T 20 fans on this cricket forum. 

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

MikeR - 17 Jan 2020 10:15 AM

I was like yourself but over the last 3 years I have come to appreciate the game a lot more, and I even went last year to a game, and the atmosphere I compare to a Broncos home game, not State of Origin yet where crowds want heads ripped off, but it is good especially for families, young kids, the future of cricket are watching T20, You rarely see the family at test cricket anymore. Remember the "hills", where kids used to play during the test, they don't exist anymore, now CA want upgrades to the Gabba at phenomenal costs to government all for an additional 5000 seats or else they take the test match away. 5000 additional seats will make the ground appear even more empty, go for it CA, there is no threat, and you lose the Gabbatoir, the fortress of Australian cricket

Dumb move Mike. Same old story ''bums on seats attributes to more money in CA coffers". Its #1 priority. If anyone kills test cricket it is the greedy governors of our sport and their neverending quest for the dollar.
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search