England Lions in Oz 2020.

England Lions in Oz 2020.

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Had to leave cricket a little before stumps, but a mate just rang to say Edwards is 118 NO. He has batted well. 

Aus has lost 6 wickets though. 

I’d like to see the curator have more pitches like this for the Shield. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 5:13 PM
Had to leave cricket a little before stumps, but a mate just rang to say Edwards is 118 NO. He has batted well. 

Aus has lost 6 wickets though. 

I’d like to see the curator have more pitches like this for the Shield. 

You want belters for state cricket. We want challenging decks. Something that tests a technique. Something that makes for a good contest. This match now resembles a bat fest. The matches I saw at Bellerive were good contests. Dont spoil this.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 3:19 PM
Baggers, the pitch has little movement now the new ball has lost its shine, even the second new ball. 

The score reflected this too.. as Lehmann and Edwards lifted the rate on the easy paced deck. For a second string England attack their bowlers have been found wanting to only take 6 wickets for the match.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 17 Feb 2020 5:39 PM
Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 5:13 PM

You want belters for state cricket. We want challenging decks. Something that tests a technique. Something that makes for a good contest. This match now resembles a bat fest. The matches I saw at Bellerive were good contests. Dont spoil this.

It is nice to see some fluent stroke play, mate! 

This is is the best batting I’ve seen for a few seasons at Bellerive. 

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Also, the English spinners dried up the runs. 

This pitch may be a little better for spin. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 17 Feb 2020 5:42 PM
Decentric - 17 Feb 2020 3:19 PM

The score reflected this too.. as Lehmann and Edwards lifted the rate on the easy paced deck. For a second string England attack their bowlers have been found wanting to only take 6 wickets for the match.

Overton has impressed. 

Bess and Lawrence kept it tight, bowling finger spin. 

Sibley is supposedly the English form Test batsman from what I’ve read in Cricinfo. 

Jennings looked very solid.

Lawrence played the best red ball innings at Bellerive for many seasons.

Sangha, Lehman and Edwards have all finally delivered at Bellerive too. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Thanks for setting up this thread, Baggers. 

Had  no idea the  Pommy Lions were playing in Tas. 

Thankfully, a few punters are watching the game and reporting on it. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

It looks like a lot of runs have been scored down at Bellerive. Five centurions in two incompleted innings thus far. Amazing! 

Sibley scored a ton in Saffers though. The bloke is a class act. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The slips catch from the English first slip to dismiss Lehmann was incredible. 

A full length dive to his right. The player was tall, but I'm not sure who he was?
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The TCA Members are up in arms about the lack of publicity for this match. A few of us are intending to  meet with the the CEO.

We are not sure whether it is Cricket Aus or Cricket Tas's jurisdiction?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 18 Feb 2020 8:57 AM
The TCA Members are up in arms about the lack of publicity for this match. A few of us are intending to  meet with the the CEO.

We are not sure whether it is Cricket Aus or Cricket Tas's jurisdiction?

Fill me in precisely the role of the TCA. Do they or Cricket Tas select players?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Five centurions in two incompleted innings thus far. Amazing! 

Over 1000 runs in two days for only 16 wickets.. this is telling me KW that this deck had been prepared to entertain rather than provide a fair contest . Clearly bat dominating ball.
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Feb 2020 10:22 AM
Five centurions in two incompleted innings thus far. Amazing! 

Over 1000 runs in two days for only 16 wickets.. this is telling me KW that this deck had been prepared to entertain rather than provide a fair contest . Clearly bat dominating ball.

Aus bowled a bit tighter today, Baggers.

Edwards made something like 190, but  didn't  push the  score along late in his innings. 

I enjoyed the entertainment. Also, I think the spinners, particularly the English ones, extracted more turn from this pitch than the regular Shield decks. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Sadly, the game fizzled out a bit today.

The  former A Grade cricketers and FC players in the Members thought Pope bowled his leg break too flat and too fast. He appeared to extract more turn and loop  from his googly.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Looking up Sibley's Test batting average, it is 40 from 6 Tests. 

This guy is a successful Test player ATM.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 18 Feb 2020 9:42 AM
Decentric - 18 Feb 2020 8:57 AM

Fill me in precisely the role of the TCA. Do they or Cricket Tas select players?

We are not sure whose jurisdiction it is for this game ATM?

Cricket Aus or Cricket Tas.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Disgraceful treatment of red ball cricket with no coverage of the Lions v Aussie A four day match starting today. I suspect the MCG deck is its usual lifeless self as England has rebuilt strongly after losing three cheap wickets.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

I mean it Baggers. These bridges are burned.

Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Paddles - 22 Feb 2020 9:54 PM
I mean it Baggers. These bridges are burned.

You have Dec - you have this forum - you have all advance Australia fair.

Baggers - leave GP and I won't return here. Fair is fair.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 8:58 AM
Bloody woeful performance by our so called second best bowling attack on a rare green MCG deck. I can only go on CA report as it deemed it unimportant to telecast the game.. Jackson Bird looks to have been the best.. tho unlucky.. with debutant Jack Wildermuth having the best numbers. Neser and Steketee went wicketless. This is again shaping as another Lawrence/ Sibley bat fest unless the quicks can make amends today.

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 10:16 AM
baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 8:58 AM

Steketee removes both overnite batsmen cheaply. A boys are back in the contest.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 2:55 PM
baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 10:16 AM

Steketee removes both overnite batsmen cheaply. A boys are back in the contest.

After a brace of wickets.. the Lions are rebuilding again. This attack does not appear to have the coupe de gras. Aussies may be saved further embarrassment with a post tea declaration.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 4:16 PM
baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 2:55 PM

After a brace of wickets.. the Lions are rebuilding again. This attack does not appear to have the coupe de gras. Aussies may be saved further embarrassment with a post tea declaration.

I'm seeing nothing about this game in the media, Baggers!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 24 Feb 2020 8:04 AM
baggygreenmania - 23 Feb 2020 4:16 PM

I'm seeing nothing about this game in the media, Baggers!

CA website has posted one story. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 25 Feb 2020 1:02 PM
Decentric - 24 Feb 2020 8:04 AM

CA website has posted one story. 

The A boys are now looking down the barrel at an innings loss. Only Patterson and Wildermuth left to make England bat again.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 25 Feb 2020 1:06 PM
baggygreenmania - 25 Feb 2020 1:02 PM

The A boys are now looking down the barrel at an innings loss. Only Patterson and Wildermuth left to make England bat again.

I heard a bit about  this game at Bellerive yesterday.

It looks like Sibley and Jennings do well again.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

With this lack of coverage it appears Murdoch media make their money  through BBL, so they have no interest in publicising red ball cricket outside Tests.

CA and CT serve their masters - Murdoch.

Some members are meeting the CEO of Tas Cricket  about this issue  to state our disquiet and demand action.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 26 Feb 2020 9:30 AM
baggygreenmania - 25 Feb 2020 1:06 PM

I heard a bit about  this game at Bellerive yesterday.

It looks like Sibley and Jennings do well again.

Patterson came good in second innings.. avoiding an innings defeat with his fine 94*. To be brutally honest this A side were not up to this level. Only a handful.. other than Patto.. can hold their heads hi.. namely Jack Wildermuth, Mark Steketee, Nic Maddinson and Josh Inglis.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 26 Feb 2020 11:43 AM
Decentric - 26 Feb 2020 9:30 AM

Patterson came good in second innings.. avoiding an innings defeat with his fine 94*. To be brutally honest this A side were not up to this level. Only a handful.. other than Patto.. can hold their heads hi.. namely Jack Wildermuth, Mark Steketee, Nic Maddinson and Josh Inglis.

Very disappointing from Aus A.

Of course some players   playing  white ball cricket, who could've been in the team, like Jhye Richardson.

Meredith was injured too. How England would have coped with his extreme pace would have been interesting.

I've seen Wildermuth play at Bellerive, but I can't remember which  state he plays for, Baggers?

From  reports  I thought Bird did well, Baggers?
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 26 Feb 2020 10:17 PM
baggygreenmania - 26 Feb 2020 11:43 AM

Very disappointing from Aus A.

Of course some players   playing  white ball cricket, who could've been in the team, like Jhye Richardson.

Meredith was injured too. How England would have coped with his extreme pace would have been interesting.

I've seen Wildermuth play at Bellerive, but I can't remember which  state he plays for, Baggers?

From  reports  I thought Bird did well, Baggers?

Wildermuth is a Qld Bull DC. A former NPS graduate too if memory serves. Yes Bird bowled well.. but the wickets did not come. 

You and the TCA mob there yesterday mate? I looked at your stand and only saw a couple of figures.. too far to see the faces.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search