Domestic Season 2019/20.

Domestic Season 2019/20.

Author
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Keyboard Warrior - 7 Mar 2020 6:06 PM
Interesting to read about NSW V Tas, but is anyone at the other two Shield games? 

Vics right on top against Croweaters.

Openers give Queensland the upper hand against WA after big opening stand from Burns and Street.
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 6 Mar 2020 6:03 PM

DC have all the other posters been mysteriously spirited away. Seems you and I are now the sole contributors. Robbie was very interested in state cricket. She left without a word. The big mystery is KW. Where are you guys and gals.. this forum is a graveyard without you..

I don't always post, but visit the site most days. Busy life away from this  internet site, mate.

There are also some nutters with no life off the internet, who I don't choose to engage with, or read any of the crap they post. A bunch of good blokes discussing sport invariably attracts attention seeking nutters who spoil sensible discussion by posting utter crap.  
Edited
4 Years Ago by Keyboard Warrior
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Keyboard Warrior - 8 Mar 2020 9:39 AM
baggygreenmania - 6 Mar 2020 6:03 PM

I don't always post, but visit the site most days. Busy life away from this  internet site, mate.

There are also some nutters with no life off the internet, who I don't choose to engage with, or read any of the crap they post. A bunch of good blokes discussing sport invariably attracts attention seeking nutters who spoil sensible discussion by posting utter crap.  

Well KW I am not a nutter but I admit I dont have much of a life outside the net.. specially discussion forums. I expect you do and I know DC has a busy life. Surprised he finds time to come on here.  I am rather a forumholic. Thats what comes with retirement and losing contact with former friends. If I am not on here or other sports forums I am bashing someone's ear on my baby boomers site. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 7 Mar 2020 4:21 PM
Tas right on top! 

I am at the game live. 

Patterson looks hopelessly out of form. Neil-Smith takes the wicket of the far more solid looking Hughes, caught in slips.

NSW 2-30 after being 75 runs behind Tas on first innings.  

Patterson is stale.. not played much cricket of late. To be fair got himself out by putting his leg side flick in the air. He is coming off a solid 90 against England Lions last week. So encouraging.  Bowling is winning over batting with the Dukes this year. Some batsmen will always struggle against the moving ball. With Ellis and Neil-Smith this is looking a more balanced Tassie attack to me. I keep saying it. I love Ellis' enthusiasm and confidence. Neil-Smith is probably the opposite.. laid back but talented nevertheless. Bell and Rainbird keep holding their own. 
Edited
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 8 Mar 2020 11:14 AM

Well KW I am not a nutter but I admit I dont have much of a life outside the net.. specially discussion forums. I expect you do and I know DC has a busy life. Surprised he finds time to come on here.  I am rather a forumholic. Thats what comes with retirement and losing contact with former friends. If I am not on here or other sports forums I am bashing someone's ear on my baby boomers site. 

Your input is always good value, Baggers. 

Looks like your  Blues are putting up a decent 6th wicket partnership in the Apple Isle. 
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star

Is it going to be a Vic/Blues final? 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Lunch on day 3.

Tas had NSW on ropes at 6-139, but a decent partnership has helped the NSW cause. Abbott is having a very good game.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 8 Mar 2020 11:42 AM
Decentric - 7 Mar 2020 4:21 PM

Patterson is stale.. not played much cricket of late. To be fair got himself out by putting his leg side flick in the air. He is coming off a solid 90 against England Lions last week. So encouraging.  Bowling is winning over batting with the Dukes this year. Some batsmen will always struggle against the moving ball. With Ellis and Neil-Smith this is looking a more balanced Tassie attack to me. I keep saying it. I love Ellis' enthusiasm and confidence. Neil-Smith is probably the opposite.. laid back but talented nevertheless. Bell and Rainbird keep holding their own. 

Tas still has Bird, Meredith and new bowler, the impressive  Pyecroft, due back from injury. 

Pyecroft suffered  a knee injury after taking 10 wickets at 28 in two innings earlier in the season. 

Ellis has been sensational. Rarely do any Tas players enter the Shield with a bang like he has. ironically, I think left arm Rainbird has bowled some fantastic huge outswingers to a left handed batters, inswingers to  RHB  balls at good pace for almost no wickets. Bell and Ellis are having the luck, bowling less bad balls.

As is so often the case in  cricket the solid looking Hughes got out, whilst the initially struggling Patterson rode his luck and then got his eye in. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I am rather a forumholic. Thats what comes with retirement and losing contact with former friends. If I am not on here or other sports forums I am bashing someone's ear on my baby boomers site. 

Move down here , Baggers!

You'd get about 40-60 days  live cricket, plus TCA functions and a social life with heaps of cricket loving TCA member  mates! Add another 30 days watching Tas female team live and grade cricket.

Tas is essentially local Tassie players and NSW expats. We reckon classy NSW expat  players like Bird, Ellis and Wakim, would not  even have played FC cricket if they'd stayed in NSW.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 8 Mar 2020 12:52 PM

Move down here , Baggers!

You'd get about 40-60 days  live cricket, plus TCA functions and a social life with heaps of cricket loving TCA member  mates! Add another 30 days watching Tas female team live and grade cricket.

Tas is essentially local Tassie players and NSW expats. We reckon classy NSW expat  players like Bird, Ellis and Wakim, would not  even have played FC cricket if they'd stayed in NSW.

Love to mate. Where am I supposed to live and how am I supposed to live. I have no super.

No doubt that applies to Ellis, Neil- Smith and Mac Wright. Dont discount him. Imho he will make plenty of runs for Tassie.. perhaps even Australia.. Recall Bird playing a FC game or two.. Wakim I think too.. or was that 50 over cricket. I suppose Tassie cricket is grateful that the talent pool in my state is so large. Either that or the fact that our selectors are so crap at not being able to identify talent.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

At the game live. 

Tas  0-52 chasing 128. 

We love the fact Nevill waited until 20th over to bring GOAT on! 

He has bowled some good balls, far more  threatening than any other spinner on the Shield this season. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Tas wins by 9 wickets on  day 3!

Doolan and Silk scored a 101 opening partnership, with Doolan being dismissed by GOAT.

Either the NSW coach and analysts got it wrong, or Nevill did, but bowling one of the top Test finger spinners of all time, Lyon, for only about 16 overs in the game, was a losing decision.

Tasmania struggled far more against Lyon than any of  the NSW pace attack. Even on a wicket not conducive to spin, Tas have never faced a bowler of Lyon's quality, spin or pace , this Shield season. GOAT's class stood out on a benign pitch.

Conway was innocuous, Abbott usually potent with the new ball, but struggled after the shine  went off, and with Copleland bowling far worse than he did in the  same fixture last year, plus bowling too many innocuous short balls at military medium pace, gifted Tas the match. Nevill also pursed an uncisccessful around th ewicket attain Silk inpartuclalr. 

Tas's attack of Ellis, Bell and Rainbird completely outbowled them, plus Neil-Smith chipped in.

Nevill's keeping was very good. He was unlucky to lose the test keeping position to Wade. His counterpart, Paine also kept very well, and, captained Tasmania superbly.

Nevill should've kept Lyon on after 10 overs. He bowled him at 18 for two overs, then by the 30 over mark it was too late.

For mine, Wakim was the batter of the match and Ellis the bowler of the game. These guys are great mates and share a flat!

Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Kurtis Patterson was in great form a year ago, but seems to have lost his way. A year is a long time in cricket.

Also, whereas Alex Doolan's innings past 20 runs are usually punctuated with stylish cover, off and on drives and the Mark Waugh like clip to mid-wicket, they seem to have disappeared.

Charlie Wakim is a lovely technician to watch ATM. His family have also made friends with many TCA members too. I  hope his  form continues at number three for Tas. 

Webster was also very good at number 7 for his 48, but wasn't as commanding as the previous game against WA.

Jack Edwards has cut his hair and is simply a huge lad, with incredibly broad shoulders. His bowling was innocuous in this game, plus his batting wasn't particularly good either. For Australia A, or B, he was far  more impressive against the English Lions. Having said this, that game was played on a much better batting pitch.

Sam Rainbird swung the ball prodigiously away from the left handers, and  into  the right handers. His yorker to dismiss number 9, and subsequent LBW to dismiss the last NSW batter, Conway, were Starc like. He also bowled too many loose balls. 

Bell bowled unerringly accurately with the new ball, wobbling it a bit.

Ellis swung the ball away and cut it off the pitch into the right handed batters, bowling good line and length. In his first two Shield games he has taken 18 wickets. He and Wakim excelled against NSW who overlooked them!  
Edited
4 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 8 Mar 2020 3:05 PM
Decentric - 8 Mar 2020 12:52 PM

Love to mate. Where am I supposed to live and how am I supposed to live. I have no super.

No doubt that applies to Ellis, Neil- Smith and Mac Wright. Dont discount him. Imho he will make plenty of runs for Tassie.. perhaps even Australia.. Recall Bird playing a FC game or two.. Wakim I think too.. or was that 50 over cricket. I suppose Tassie cricket is grateful that the talent pool in my state is so large. Either that or the fact that our selectors are so crap not being able to identify talent.

Wakim and Elli completely outplayed any of their counterparts in the NSW team, batting (Wakim)  or pace bowling  Ellis).

The talent pool in NSW is huge. One wonders how many other players playing Sydney grade cricket, could immediately play successfully as FC cricketers   for other  states?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 8 Mar 2020 6:31 PM
Kurtis Patterson was in great form a year ago, but seems to have lost his way. A year is a long time in cricket.

Also, whereas Alex Doolan's innings past 20 runs are usually punctuated with stylish cover, off and on drives and the Mark Waugh like clip to mid-wicket, they seem to have disappeared.

Charlie Wakim is a lovely technician to watch ATM. His family have also made friends with many TCA members too. I  hope his  form continues at number three for Tas. 

Webster was also very good at number 7 for his 48, but wasn't as commanding as the previous game against WA.

Jack Edwards has cut his hair and is simply a huge lad, with incredibly broad shoulders. His bowling was innocuous in this game, plus his batting wasn't particularly good either. For Australia A, or B, he was far  more impressive against the English Lions. Having said this, that game was played on a much better batting pitch.

Sam Rainbird swung the ball prodigiously away from the left handers, and  into  the right handers. His yorker to dismiss number 9, and subsequent LBW to dismiss the last NSW batter, Conway, were Starc like. He also bowled too many loose balls. 

Bell bowled unerringly accurately with the new ball, wobbling it a bit.

Ellis swung the ball away and cut it off the pitch into the right handed batters, bowling good line and length. In his first two Shield games he has taken 18 wickets. He and Wakim excelled against NSW who overlooked them!  

Very impressive win by the Tigers DC. Outplayed us in all facets. What a difference bringing in Ellis has made. 18 wickets in his two matches. As you say swung and cut the Dukes ball at decent pace. He is a serious talent. Betting his average is low as is his strike rate. Will looks up his stats. Also Wakim has added some solidity to the Tiger's middle order. If he maintain consistency he can make plenty of runs for Tassie. Selectors have nothing to lose.. give either Mac Wright or Sean Willis the last match.

I will reiterate DC the BBL break kills momentum for shield players and teams. Specially if you are only playing white ball for its duration. Even worse if little or no cricket at all. Henry Hunt is one I fear in that category. He has lost the composure he had earlier and his scores are suffering. His partner Weatherall also has lost some form. These two were the Shield's best opening partnership before BBL. Not sure they are now. Doolan and Silk were also travelling well before the BBL break. Doolan specially is in terrible form and Silk is scratching scores. Others to have lost form are Henriques, Shaun Marsh, Tom Cooper.  It is easy to see the improving bowlers since they are now using the moving Dukes ball. Specially swingmen like Worrall and Sayers. While seamers are faring worse.. Tremain is badly out of form as is Conway and Boland.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Final also called off with the Blues being named Shield winners for 2019/20. Been a while since the Blues held aloft the trophy. To be honest if not for their Test players putting the team in such a strong position at end of the first half of the season.. they may not have won it. This shows the importance of having your best players available when possible.  
Yixing Lao
Yixing Lao
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

If they are, well maybe it’s a good thing! Haha
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search