A-League Attendances: Season 2019/20

A-League Attendances: Season 2019/20

Author
Misterio
Under 7s
Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
elksy - 25 Apr 2020 9:18 AM
jatz - 18 Apr 2020 9:52 PM

Whilst you are right, the A league would still very much be a cheaper alternative. The current NRL deal if everything ive heard is correct is around 1.8 billion over 5 years, therefore around 360 million a year. The current A-league deal sits at 60 million a year, a sixth of the side of the NRL deal.

Now if in theory and hypothetically, CH9 wanted to reduce costs, they could pick up an alter A-league playing through winter instead of summer as an NRL replacement. They would save themselves 300 million and would move away from what could technically be viewed as a lose leader and start to promote a product which could generate more revenue.

CH9 often promote the NRL themselves through news stories and articles around the teams and players, in order to continue to drive interest and awareness of the happens within there game. Taking the A-league would see no shortage of football based stories either as they link to more world football, and reconnect the older football fans within the country back to the sport and possibly towards the A-league.

In my personal opinion if this was a theoretically possible, highly unlikely, but if it was it wouldnt be a bad option for any of the stakeholders involved. 

Nice!
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Misterio - 26 Apr 2020 11:09 PM
elksy - 25 Apr 2020 9:18 AM

Nice!

They would certainly take a hit to their advertising revenue initially, but this would be within their powers to recover and generate addons. Unfortunately, upper management in Australia is all about the addons for themselves and not building a brand - its too hard.
Bumper
Bumper
Weekender
Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)

The problem for football in Australia was started when ethnics decided to have a team to represent their country and culture, i am sorry to say that, but it is a fact of life.

I used to follow the old state league here in Victoria and yes i was part of that ethnic support hurting the game of football.

Lets face it, not many Australians will give the game a go in this country, they class the game as the wogs game, a sissy game, to me it is all about racism, i have brought that subject up on the age newspaper in Melbourne when there was an article against football and it's supporters, some smarty as usual brought up the old ( i would rather watch paint dry than watch that game) this attitude  is an ongoing thing with football in Australia, when i answered that particular person that it has nothing to do with the game, but it is about racism and pointed out the wogs game saying, he did not answer me.

Also we had one idiot rugby follower on the whirlpool forum football thread post once, he just posted a very short comment stating that he has nothing against football, but he would rather watch paint dry than watch the game, i have gathered that the thread admin on that football thread is a rugby follower, he did not delete the post as trolling as normally happens, he just left it there, this is only a very small example of what football faces in this country.

I do hope that CH9 dump rugby in favour of football and go all out to promote the game, first thing that needs to happen is try to distance the game from just being an ethnic game in this country, that is the biggest hurdle that football has, the FFA should wake up to themselves and think about the game in general and not about themselves and what they want. also the state federations should be scrapped and have just the one Headquarters  to run the game from, this state squabbling with head office does nothing for the game in Australia.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bumper
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Bumper - 27 Apr 2020 1:09 PM
The problem for football in Australia was started when ethnics decided to have a team to represent their country and culture, i am sorry to say that, but it is a fact of life.

I used to follow the old state league here in Victoria and yes i was part of that ethnic support hurting the game of football.

I think the reason ethnics started their own teams was because the Anglo's weren't interested and there was a vacuum and so they stepped in. If it wasnt for the effniks there would be no game and in the main, sokkah is still dominated by cutures that love football (effniks and Pom's) whilst there has been increased interest, in the main the skippy's keep chasing the egg ball.

Also, if it is a simple as ethnics getting together, why didnt the Italians start their own AFL team instead of (in the main) following Carlton? 

Bumper
Bumper
Weekender
Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)

AJF - 27 Apr 2020 3:23 PM

I think the reason ethnics started their own teams was because the Anglo's weren't interested and there was a vacuum and so they stepped in. If it wasnt for the effniks there would be no game and in the main, sokkah is still dominated by cutures that love football (effniks and Pom's) whilst there has been increased interest, in the main the skippy's keep chasing the egg ball.

Australia had football before ethnics stepped in as far as i know, my history could be up shit creek thou.
I think that if the Ethnics decided to pick a suburb or area of Victoria to represent just like afl did, then we would not be in this situation now, i appreciate that there was football to follow in the past, i personally used to support George Cross, but years after i just gave up on the game for these reason, ethnicity and political riots at state league.

And why would Italians start an afl club, you really are talking without knowing the history of afl and football in Victoria, i can still remember the rubbish that was always being put on football by Australians, and yet you ask the question as to why the Italians did not start an afl club, for heavens sake, some of us migrants where even scared to walk on the street in our younger days, due to getting bashed because of our skin colour and our eyes and hair colour, we where classed as invaders and wogs not wanted,.
As if Aussies where going to go to an Italian run afl club, god i have heard everything now.
Another thing, we migrants gave their game a go, but did they give our game a go, No they did not and i can't see it ever change in this country. The biggest disappointment for me, is ethnics children are willing to go to an afl game and follow some football club in Europe and not give a shit about football in Australia, if the Euro snobs gave the game a go in this country, it would not be in the state that it is now.

Oh i forgot to mention that when a club played in state league, all you would see is foreign flags, and people expected the Aussies to give our game a go.

The ffa needs to work very hard to shake of the damage done by ethnics in the past, educate the Australian public that all that shit was in the past.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bumper
elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

Bumper - 27 Apr 2020 5:39 PM

Another thing, we migrants gave their game a go, but did they give our game a go, No they did not and i can't see it ever change in this country. The biggest disappointment for me, is ethnics children are willing to go to an afl game and follow some football club in Europe and not give a shit about football in Australia, if the Euro snobs gave the game a go in this country, it would not be in the state that it is now.

I think in todays world, a lot more aussies are getting involved and interested in football. Theres so many people from around the world living in Australia that they have truely spread the world game to us all. However I think an issue is whether you believe Australians are not embracing football or the A-league.

Football is the most participated sport in the country and within all states. Its probably the most consistent throughout all states, unlike AFL and NRL divide of opinions between states. The socceroos consistently draw solid crowds, sometimes some great ones. The TV viewership for the socceroos is also consistently very healthy. The World Cup cycle every four eyes sees around 1-2 million Australians watching socceroos based matches. The Matildas have also grown tremendously in popularity, drawing record crowds and TV figures during Olympic qualifiers and last years world cup. Optus Sport reportedly has around 600-800k active users on there streaming site mainly of the EPL and European football.

However the A-league sits at a low point, its the same issue here which the FFA have addressed before. The market for football is massive in Australia right now, millions love it and embrace it, they dont embrace the A-league however. They need to find ways to turn the masses of football fans into A-league fans. Before the FFA/A-league have targeted to sporting and non football based fans to try and expand there reach but this has massive consistently. Additionally some of the Euro snobs are often Europeans themselves and in fairness they want to watch there team they grew up with but often rather shoot down the league instead of trying to be involved and help sustain and grow it back to what it was.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Australia had football before ethnics stepped in as far as i know, my history could be up shit creek thou.
I think that if the Ethnics decided to pick a suburb or area of Victoria to represent just like afl did, then we would not be in this situation now, i appreciate that there was football to follow in the past, i personally used to support George Cross, but years after i just gave up on the game for these reason, ethnicity and political riots at state league.

And why would Italians start an afl club, you really are talking without knowing the history of afl and football in Victoria, i can still remember the rubbish that was always being put on football by Australians, and yet you ask the question as to why the Italians did not start an afl club, for heavens sake, some of us migrants where even scared to walk on the street in our younger days, due to getting bashed because of our skin colour and our eyes and hair colour, we where classed as invaders and wogs not wanted,.
As if Aussies where going to go to an Italian run afl club, god i have heard everything now.

Oh i forgot to mention that when a club played in state league, all you would see is foreign flags, and people expected the Aussies to give our game a go.

The ffa needs to work very hard to shake of the damage done by ethnics in the past, educate the Australian public that all that shit was in the past.

What a load of dribble. The point about AFL teams is best illustrated by Werribee, where the AFL club and Soccer club were establish around the same time (60's) and play out of the same reserve. Why is the soccer club Italian and the AFL club aussie? Why wasnt there an Aussie Soccer team created in the area as there was obviously a need?

The reason in your own words: Another thing, we migrants gave their game a go, but did they give our game a go, No they did not and i can't see it ever change in this country.

If effniks wanted to play AFL then there were places to go, but if you wanted to play soccer there was no where and so they organised their own clubs around communities which would support the game, which often happened to be effnik. Also anglo's did com and play, being a Georgies fan you may remember a certain Stabba Marth that played juniors & seniors at SGX

It's also quite ironic that you speak of the prejudices you experienced at the hands of the "aussies" yet you still want to find acceptance with them by further anglicizing soccer. The attempted white washing of soccer by the FFA for the last 15 years has not broadened the appeal as old effnik's like you have just jumped ship to the franchise league whilst the aussies continue following the egg ball codes.

Final point, violence and anti social behavior is not unique to effnik clubs and here are plenty of HAL, AFL, NRL and Cricket examples, yet you choose to single out the old effnicks from 20 years ago. That is more of a problem than anything the old NSL did.

AJF
AJF
Pro

And why would Italians start an afl club, you really are talking without knowing the history of afl and football in Victoria,

Here are some links you may be interested in:

The AJAX (acronym for the "Associated Judaean Athletic Clubs".[1]) Football Club is an Australian rules football club sited in the inner suburb of St Kilda, Victoria. The squad competes in the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA).[2] Having been established by the Melbourne Jewish community in 1957,[3] Ajax is notable as Australia's first and only fully Jewish club in the sport.[4][5] T

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX_Football_Club

Hawthorn Spartans
https://neoskosmos.com/en/6191/go-the-spartans/

Masala Dandenong Football club formed by Indians in 2012
https://www.masaladandenongfc.com/about-masala

Adelaide Lutheran Sports Club (ALSC)
https://www.lca.org.au/half-century-up-for-lutheran-sports-club/

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Also, if it is a simple as ethnics getting together, why didnt the Italians start their own AFL team instead of (in the main) following Carlton? 

Your first line doesn't apply in NSW.  Football was quite healthy and growing in numbers when the post WW2 migrant surge started.  It was, however, amateur and the quality wasn't high as team tended to play a British style of game.  Teams involved players from all walks of life and backgrounds including from previous waves of migrants and the number of District Associations that run grassroots football locally was increasing regularly.  Like all sports at the time the top clubs represented a district and there were strict residential rules for players.  Players couldn't play where they wanted to, they had to play for the club that represented the district they lived in.  With the big wave of migrants it wasn't long before they started their own clubs that were accepted into the leagues and eventually they engineered a breakaway league more to their liking.
Bumper
Bumper
Weekender

[/quote]
AJF - 28 Apr 2020 8:29 AM

What a load of dribble. The point about AFL teams is best illustrated by Werribee, where the AFL club and Soccer club were establish around the same time (60's) and play out of the same reserve. Why is the soccer club Italian and the AFL club aussie? Why wasnt there an Aussie Soccer team created in the area as there was obviously a need?

The reason in your own words: Another thing, we migrants gave their game a go, but did they give our game a go, No they did not and i can't see it ever change in this country.

If effniks wanted to play AFL then there were places to go, but if you wanted to play soccer there was no where and so they organised their own clubs around communities which would support the game, which often happened to be effnik. Also anglo's did com and play, being a Georgies fan you may remember a certain Stabba Marth that played juniors & seniors at SGX

It's also quite ironic that you speak of the prejudices you experienced at the hands of the "aussies" yet you still want to find acceptance with them by further anglicizing soccer. The attempted white washing of soccer by the FFA for the last 15 years has not broadened the appeal as old effnik's like you have just jumped ship to the franchise league whilst the aussies continue following the egg ball codes.

Final point, violence and anti social behavior is not unique to effnik clubs and here are plenty of HAL, AFL, NRL and Cricket examples, yet you choose to single out the old effnicks from 20 years ago. That is more of a problem than anything the old NSL did.

You really have no idea, you need to get your head out of your ass and think about what you are posting, i speak from past experience, i been there and done that from 1960 onward, i bet you don't even know the troubles that ethnicity caused at football games in the 50"s, 60'S onward, that alone caused big problems for football which it is still harming it now, all due to overseas politics being dragged into the game here in Victoria, i can't speak for other states as i have no idea what went on, my gripe with ethnics is not that they started football in this country, but that they chose to represent their old country instead of forming a club to represent a region of Victory or at least a suburb., hence why i said they fucked up the game in this country, or at least in Victoria, why do you think that the FFA did not want Ethnics run clubs in the A-League?, i have been to games in the 60's and forward that at times it was frightening just to be there, but yet you come over to he try to ridicule what i posted. As for ethnics forming afl clubs, so what does that prove, exactly what i have said, we give their game a go and they don't, you are good at contradicting yourself. As for the FFA whitewashing the game, it was the right thing to do at least at the time, not to mention that the clubs where hand picked to make sure that they will survive the financial burden of being a part of the A-League. Also, as for your Violence in other sports, your comments is a blind Freddy comment, not long ago we have seen some hooligans that went to A-League games for the sole purpose of causing trouble, and let me open your eyes a bit blind Freddy, all the media was up and having a ball turning football into a disaster that no Aussie should follow, but hey a fire was stared at a Carlton afl match and the commentor came up with, it is just some kids having some fun, So i am not singling out just the old Ethnic football.  We all know how many times there has been trouble at afl games and it was swept  under the carpet to protect their game.  And for your information, i used to follow Collingwood afl club with a passion, i gave their game a go, but they insulted me because i followed as you and they call it Soccah. Like i said i lived it, slept it, played it and stuck up for it, as a true Australian Football Lover.
 Below is an example of what harmed the game, no i am not singling out just one club, but all old Victorian state league clubs, then on to the NSL.
https://i.nextmedia.com.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=https%3a%2f%2fi.nextmedia.com.au%2fNews%2fGettyImages-1166581710.jpg&h=630&w=1120&c=1&s=1

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bumper
AJF
AJF
Pro

Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 12:15 PM
AJF - 28 Apr 2020 8:29 AM

i have no idea

I have highlighted the 1 thing you wrote which is correct, the rest is just a nonsensical rant full of lame attempted insults, you dont address any points raised, and while you old timers might discuss violence from the 60's in the nursing home the rest of the world has moved on and doesnt care.

AFL violence never gets reported, yeah right learn to use google before making more stoopid comments:
https://www.3aw.com.au/just-in-multiple-fights-reportedly-break-out-at-mcg/
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-crowd-violoence-hathorn-hawks-melbourne-demons/qj174x47yq5c1p9bf212tatb4
https://theconversation.com/loud-obnoxious-and-at-times-racist-the-sordid-history-of-afl-barracking-119080

all I can see from your pathetic comments is that you are a weak sell out who is ashamed of the effniks that raised him but is also not accepted by the aussies he so desperately desires to be part of. when you learn to love australian footballs entire history warts and all, then you will be a true fan.

Edited
4 Years Ago by AJF
Bumper
Bumper
Weekender

AJF - 29 Apr 2020 1:26 PM
Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 12:15 PM

I have highlighted the 1 thing you wrote which is correct, the rest is just a nonsensical rant full of lame attempted insults, you dont address any points raised, and while you old timers might discuss violence from the 60's in the nursing home the rest of the world has moved on and doesnt care.

AFL violence never gets reported, yeah right learn to use google before making more stoopid comments:
https://www.3aw.com.au/just-in-multiple-fights-reportedly-break-out-at-mcg/
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-crowd-violoence-hathorn-hawks-melbourne-demons/qj174x47yq5c1p9bf212tatb4
https://theconversation.com/loud-obnoxious-and-at-times-racist-the-sordid-history-of-afl-barracking-119080

all I can see from your pathetic comments is that you are a weak sell out who is ashamed of the effniks that raised him but is also not accepted by the aussies he so desperately desires to be part of. when you learn to love australian footballs entire history warts and all, then you will be a true fan.
You need to wake up a a bit from the slumber that you are in, and as for old, i am just as fit and alert as what you may be, again talking about things you know nothing about.
Bringing my age into it is just a silly young man's cop out, again i say it, learn the fact of how ethnic football was treated and still is before you come on here and start your drivel.  And as for your insult about my ethnicity and parents comment, it only goes to show the type of person you are a low down gutter crawler. You are not worth my time of day and you know what you can do, i will not be  wasting my time with you.

Oh i forgot to mention, as it happens my best friend is an Aussie, he comes by the name of Alwood, we have been to afl games together and he came with me to a Victorian state league game once and it was enough for him, and you know what, he was disgusted with the foreign flags flying around that game. Give up young man you have no fucking idea.

Soccer has traditionally been a sport that a great number of Australians have wanted to play but very few have wanted to watch. Ironically, it was the first sport in Australia to create a national competition. In 1977, migrants established the National Soccer League with names like Sydney Croatia to remind them of their home countries. The conflicts and racial associations of such teams soon result in it being referred to as "wogball". In 2005 a new national league was created in which racial and nationalistic identifiers were banned. This has helped soccer move beyond a supporter base that wasn't particularly keen to see violence on the field, but was keen to participate in violence in the stands.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bumper
AJF
AJF
Pro

Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 1:53 PM
AJF - 29 Apr 2020 1:26 PM
You need to wake up a a bit from the slumber that you are in, and as for old, i am just as fit and alert as what you may be, again talking about things you know nothing about.
Bringing my age into it is just a silly young man's cop out, again i say it, learn the fact of how ethnic football was treated and still is before you come on here and start your drivel.  And as for your insult about my ethnicity and parents comment, it only goes to show the type of person you are a low down gutter crawler. You are not worth my time of day and you know what you can do, i will not be  wasting my time with you.

Oh i forgot to mention, as it happens my best friend is an Aussie, he comes by the name of Alwood, we have been to afl games together and he came with me to a Victorian state league game once and it was enough for him, and you know what, he was disgusted with the foreign flags flying around that game. Give up young man you have no fucking idea.

Soccer has traditionally been a sport that a great number of Australians have wanted to play but very few have wanted to watch. Ironically, it was the first sport in Australia to create a national competition. In 1977, migrants established the National Soccer League with names like Sydney Croatia to remind them of their home countries. The conflicts and racial associations of such teams soon result in it being referred to as "wogball". In 2005 a new national league was created in which racial and nationalistic identifiers were banned. This has helped soccer move beyond a supporter base that wasn't particularly keen to see violence on the field, but was keen to participate in violence in the stands.

you keep promising to not waste your time but all I see is blah, blah, blah. time to put your dentures in a glass, take your meds and have a nanny nap pops

Bumper
Bumper
Weekender

AJF - 29 Apr 2020 2:48 PM
Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 1:53 PM

you keep promising to not waste your time but all I see is blah, blah, blah. time to put your dentures in a glass, take your meds and have a nanny nap pops

That coming from a clown probably full of dead brain cells.

I think that the truth has got  to you and can't take it like a man young boy.

I am having fun seeing how much the truth is hurting you boy.

Now be a good little fella and learn to keep your mouth shut when you have no idea about anything, i think that you are one of them ethnics that follow the old ethnic club and do not like the truth being pointed out about the harm your club has done to football in this country.

Go Melbourne Victory, Go the A-league.

Better not give you any more of my time.

Hang on a minute, i have decided to apologize to you for calling you names, so sorry for that, i apologized because i realized that i am lowering my standards to yours.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bumper
AJF
AJF
Pro

Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 3:13 PM

Now be a good little fella and learn to keep your mouth shut when you have no idea about anything, i think that you are one of them ethnics that follow the old ethnic club and do not like the truth being pointed out about the harm your club has done to football in this country.

I am getting worried, not about the crazy old man ranting you continue to produce, but more about your intentions, wanting me to take it like a man. sorry I am not that way inclined but I bet you constantly drop the soap in the nursing home so old Alwood can give you all his wood, not that there is anything wrong with that, eh BUM- per

I know it must burn to see the franchise league dying, but blaming effniks from the 60's is plain stoopid and illustrates you have no idea, as such your opinion is worth less to me than the lint in your crusty old navel and the only way you could hurt me is by dropping the soap in front of me

Old Man Rant Sticker by Almost a Hero for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Bumper
Bumper
Weekender

Hang on a minute, i have decided to apologize to you for calling you names, so sorry for that, i apologized because i realized that i am lowering my standards to yours.

What a disgusting person you are, proved me right after all that you are a gutter crawler. Not just proven to me but also to any decent person that reads your disgusting uneducated comments. I am sure that if your parents saw what you are posting here, they will be just as disgusted as any decent person would be. Also with your low level of mentality did not even think that, you have  grandparents and your parents will get old as well. Just to educate you a bit, everyone gets old, that is unless they meet with an untimely death.  You also have shown your bitterness towards the A-League, we all know now where you are coming from, LOL. Move over young fella you have again let yourself down by letting everyone know the low life that you are. You couldn't have stooped any lower. Your last post is something that only a deranged person would come up with. The lowest of the low. I will return to post on this forum but not to answer you, but to debate with people that are nothing like you, decent people, a swear word  here and there is fine by me, but when it comes  to disgusting personal attacks like yours, then it is a different matter and not worth my time.
AJF
AJF
Pro

Bumper - 29 Apr 2020 9:02 PM

What a disgusting person you are, proved me right after all that you are a gutter crawler. Not just proven to me but also to any decent person that reads your disgusting uneducated comments. I am sure that if your parents saw what you are posting here, they will be just as disgusted as any decent person would be. Also with your low level of mentality did not even think that, you have  grandparents and your parents will get old as well. Just to educate you a bit, everyone gets old, that is unless they meet with an untimely death.  You also have shown your bitterness towards the A-League, we all know now where you are coming from, LOL. Move over young fella you have again let yourself down by letting everyone know the low life that you are. You couldn't have stooped any lower. Your last post is something that only a deranged person would come up with. The lowest of the low. I will return to post on this forum but not to answer you, but to debate with people that are nothing like you, decent people, a swear word  here and there is fine by me, but when it comes  to disgusting personal attacks like yours, then it is a different matter and not worth my time.

What’s wrong pops, can’t take it like a man? You gonna run crying into old All-Wood’s warm embrace?

also computer tip for you, modifying old posts to try make yourself look better only works if someone hasn’t replied as a copy of the original is kept in said reply and attempt at re-writing history makes you look even more pathetic. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by AJF
elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

So with the season suspended and the unlikely situation of fan attendance for the final portion of the season. Thoughts on the responses to these questions presented at the start of the season.

Will the A-League new management and expansion make the difference? 
- No impact at all, still remains uncertain how much control the new management has and whether they were truly able to influence this season much at all. Western United expansion drew a minor benefit of the additional derby fixtures, between Victory, City and WU.
Will the Red & Black Bloc return in full voice?
- Showed up in brilliant numbers and voice on match day three for the Bankwest derby, was a solid turnout away at Kogarah, other then that, the RBB is still not the same as it once was.
Will Wellington ellipse 10,000? 
- Looked likely that it was coming, attendences rising almost every week, performances were great and then corona virus. Probably also prevented either a home elimination or semi final. Additional note that 15k attending in Auckland.
How will Western United fare? 
- Probably not great, numbers seemed while low, consistent each week at around 5-6k, however began to drop with form and the constant change between venues. Question marks definitely have been raised about where they play the next few season, until the stadium is finally built. Only highlights in regards to attendence was the two derby matches in Geelong which resulted in there top two attendances.

Other peoples thoughts? What can we do to fix this? Questions which will be raised next season?
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

elksy - 9 May 2020 9:05 AM
So with the season suspended and the unlikely situation of fan attendance for the final portion of the season. Thoughts on the responses to these questions presented at the start of the season.

Will the A-League new management and expansion make the difference? 
- No impact at all, still remains uncertain how much control the new management has and whether they were truly able to influence this season much at all. Western United expansion drew a minor benefit of the additional derby fixtures, between Victory, City and WU.
Will the Red & Black Bloc return in full voice?
- Showed up in brilliant numbers and voice on match day three for the Bankwest derby, was a solid turnout away at Kogarah, other then that, the RBB is still not the same as it once was.
Will Wellington ellipse 10,000? 
- Looked likely that it was coming, attendences rising almost every week, performances were great and then corona virus. Probably also prevented either a home elimination or semi final. Additional note that 15k attending in Auckland.
How will Western United fare? 
- Probably not great, numbers seemed while low, consistent each week at around 5-6k, however began to drop with form and the constant change between venues. Question marks definitely have been raised about where they play the next few season, until the stadium is finally built. Only highlights in regards to attendence was the two derby matches in Geelong which resulted in there top two attendances.

Other peoples thoughts? What can we do to fix this? Questions which will be raised next season?

There’s a question as to whether crowds will be allowed back next season. If they are they may be capped at a certain number (500? 5,000?) so we’re not done with this yet. 

Whoever is responsible for organising and marketing the competition (currently the FFA and Greg O’Rourke - and don’t anyone pass any BS off that it’s anything different ** NOTHING HAS CHANGED ** including business leader, marketing staff, websites, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter presence) need to use this down time wisely 

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Blaming ethnics from the 60s and 70s for the failure of the A League is nonsensical.

there are many reasons why the A Leaue failed. First, it was a franchise model heavily reliant on funding from Foxtel. Did anyone really think this was going to last forever? At some point, Foxtel would have pulled out, and without the cash, we are just a pyramid made from flakey cards. 

Secondly, the A League has done nothing to develop the game at the grass roots. There isn't a club feel to the game anymore, just corporatism. Yes it's corporate in Europe as well, but they are also a club providing a social focal point.

In addition, the barring of ethnic clubs was like throwing the baby out with the bath water. there were clubs of ethnic origin that deserved their place, because they were viable enterprises with money and already established supporter base. Clubs like South Melbourne and Marconi for instance. Part of our history. 

We also did everything possible to sanitize the tribalism like the active supporter groups because they were deemed to be "ultra's". We have no idea of ultras here in Australia. 

Yes, Football in Australia has been downtrodden by the mainstream media. There has always been more violence and thuggery in Aussie Rules than in Soccer. Also a lot more drunkness and idiotic behavior and foul language. But it was never reported. But as soon as something happens at a soccer game, it's front page. 

Even in the old ethnic clubs, fans were generally quite well behaved and more family orientated. The class of fan was much higher than you would find at the AFL.
Edited
4 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
AJF
AJF
Pro

Waz - 9 May 2020 1:24 PM
elksy - 9 May 2020 9:05 AM

There’s a question as to whether crowds will be allowed back next season. If they are they may be capped at a certain number (500? 5,000?) so we’re not done with this yet. 

Whoever is responsible for organising and marketing the competition (currently the FFA and Greg O’Rourke - and don’t anyone pass any BS off that it’s anything different ** NOTHING HAS CHANGED ** including business leader, marketing staff, websites, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter presence) need to use this down time wisely 

Just cause you keep repeating it doesn’t make it true, clubs are in control and they have no idea what they are doing

Edited
4 Years Ago by AJF
Bumper
Bumper
Weekender

mouflonrouge - 9 May 2020 9:47 PM
Blaming ethnics from the 60s and 70s for the failure of the A League is nonsensical.

there are many reasons why the A Leaue failed. First, it was a franchise model heavily reliant on funding from Foxtel. Did anyone really think this was going to last forever? At some point, Foxtel would have pulled out, and without the cash, we are just a pyramid made from flakey cards. 

Secondly, the A League has done nothing to develop the game at the grass roots. There isn't a club feel to the game anymore, just corporatism. Yes it's corporate in Europe as well, but they are also a club providing a social focal point.

In addition, the barring of ethnic clubs was like throwing the baby out with the bath water. there were clubs of ethnic origin that deserved their place, because they were viable enterprises with money and already established supporter base. Clubs like South Melbourne and Marconi for instance. Part of our history. 

We also did everything possible to sanitize the tribalism like the active supporter groups because they were deemed to be "ultra's". We have no idea of ultras here in Australia. 

Yes, Football in Australia has been downtrodden by the mainstream media. There has always been more violence and thuggery in Aussie Rules than in Soccer. Also a lot more drunkness and idiotic behavior and foul language. But it was never reported. But as soon as something happens at a soccer game, it's front page. 

Even in the old ethnic clubs, fans were generally quite well behaved and more family orientated. The class of fan was much higher than you would find at the AFL.
MY comment was not about just the A-League, but about football overall in this country, and also, like i have pointed out, that if ethnics started without having their country represented at clubs, then maybe football would have stood a better chance in this racist and biased country.

But anyhow, i just hope that something positive happens out of all this mess that football is in.

As for thuggery and violence, like i said, i have seen it with my own eyes and that was just in Melbourne, never mind all over Australia, also as for afl and rugby, no good bringing that as an excuse, we are talking about football and it does not make things better just because it happens in other codes, the game has been blemished and it will take a lot to repair the damage done.

Also we all know that football has to be on it's best behaviour because of the media, unlike other codes where it keeps getting swept under the carpet.

elksy
elksy
Hacker

Just put together this list of attendance figures and percentage of capacity, if ive made any errors let me and ill try to fix it

A couple of quick notes
- I couldnt determine Marvel seat size with seats in and didn’t want to split Marvel into two sections (seats moved in/seats out), victory figure is a recalculated average at AAMI 
- Excluded Eden Park, outside of Wellington
- Clubs two or more stadiums required me to recalculate there averages per ground. Exact figure/average may be off due to division.
- There was no rounding on the figures just first two significant figures, looking back now, should’ve rounded but did not for the first half so continued without doing that for the rest.
- Stadium capacity from austadiums and stadium Wikipedia pages and attendance stats from ultimate a-league

Sydney FC
- Netstrata Jubilee Stadium – 20,500: 12,255 – 59%
- Liechardt Oval – 20,000: 11,524 – 57%

Western Sydney Wanderers
- Bankwest Stadium – 30,000: 13,729 – 45%

Melbourne Victory (Removed Marvel Stadium attendance figures)
 - AAMI Park – 30,050: 14,503 – 47%

Melbourne City
 - AAMI Park – 30,050: 8,310 – 27%

Western United
- GMHBA Stadium – 36,000: 5,921 – 16%
- Mars Stadium – 11,000 : 4,029 – 36%
- Whitten Oval – 12,000: 5,988 – 49%

Perth Glory
- HBF Park – 20,500: 8,382- 40%

Adelaide United
- Coopers Stadium – 16,500: 8,183 – 49%

Brisbane Roar
- Suncorp Stadium – 52,500: 9408 – 17%
- Dolphin Stadium – 10,000: 9305 – 93%

Wellington Phoenix (Removed Eden Park attendance figures)
- Sky Stadium – 34.500: 7847 – 22%

Newcastle Jets
- McDonald Jones Stadium – 33,000: 7,386 – 22%

Central Coast Mariners
- Central Coast Stadium – 20,059: 5,504 – 27%

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I just wondering whether we got any attendance numbers for the first round back?

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Found one number:
1,796 attended the Sydney FC victory

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Tickets are on sale for the first few a league matches looks like mariners vs jets is selling well 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Western Sydney Wanderers v Macarthur FC – 12k
Western United v Adelaide United – 3k
Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix – 9k
Sydney FC v Melbourne City – 10k
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets – 12k (looks to be selling well) 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 16 Dec 2020 8:30 AM

Surely WSW v MFC should be expecting 20,000+? 

I can see WU v AU getting 6-7,000 mainly due to Victorians being starved of live sport.

would expect SFC v City to get 2-3,000 more as well.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

The same game last year ( SFC V MCFC ) attracted over 17000
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 16 Dec 2020 10:14 AM

The same game last year ( SFC V MCFC ) attracted over 17000

Ok maybe I have no idea what I’m on about then lol what do you think they will get this year?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search