Why can't the NPL and NPLW have equal pay? [Comments]

Why can't the NPL and NPLW have equal pay? [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

The Lewes FC disease has spread to Australia

How much is boys npl
How much is girls npl to play

That  will explain the difference in budgets

Also makes me laugh at equality FC
Comparing 7th tier mens football  with 2nd tier women isn't equality

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

sethman75
sethman75
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Inside Sport Bot - 23 May 2020 8:14 AM

Tell you what let the best NPL team play the best NPLW team. The winner gets paid more. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

sethman75 - 24 May 2020 5:38 PM
Inside Sport Bot - 23 May 2020 8:14 AM

Tell you what let the best NPL team play the best NPLW team. The winner gets paid more. 

One team represents the best players in the men’s competition, the other the best players in the women’s competition. 

The argument is why is one team being paid less based on their sex, not which team would best the other team! 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Waz
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Waz - 24 May 2020 6:52 PM

One team represents the best players in the men’s competition, the other the best players in the women’s competition. 

The argument is why is one team being paid less based on their sex, not which team would best the other team! 

Equal pay is a thing that applies when women and men compete with each other and actually perform the same job to the same level, ie in most workforces across the country.

elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

So if I took the best female landscaper and best male landscaper and then said who ever does best get paid more, is that a stupid thing to say no, cause one is gonna do better. If the women were better, they would getting more money.

No one ever complains about the lack of Australian mens netball competition, I wonder how much the best male netballers get paid compared to the girls. Absolute disgrace netball is!!!!

Football like all sports is entertainment, the best entertainers get the most dollars and thats fairness not inequality.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

It’s not he gets $100 she gets $20 
i want $100
both would end up with $60 and men would stop playing 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

elksy - 24 May 2020 7:44 PM

So if I took the best female landscaper and best male landscaper and then said who ever does best get paid more, is that a stupid thing to say no, cause one is gonna do better. If the women were better, they would getting more money.

No one ever complains about the lack of Australian mens netball competition, I wonder how much the best male netballers get paid compared to the girls. Absolute disgrace netball is!!!!

Football like all sports is entertainment, the best entertainers get the most dollars and thats fairness not inequality.

The thing is, peak landscaping performance isn't dependent on gender.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

clockwork orange - 24 May 2020 7:27 PM

Equal pay is a thing that applies when women and men compete with each other and actually perform the same job to the same level, ie in most workforces across the country.

Nonsense 
elksy
elksy
Hacker
Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)Hacker (317 reputation)

NicCarBel - 24 May 2020 7:50 PM

The thing is, peak landscaping performance isn't dependent on gender.

And neither is peak entertainment or peak sport. A lot of people would say the best tennis is womens tennis. If people want to watch and enjoy it, therefore invest in it, then you get the dollars. It is as simple as that. 
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

FFA haves talked up our chances of winning WWC. 
If we have a chance I don’t think there is much wrong with the system.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Waz - 24 May 2020 7:57 PM

Nonsense 

Nope. True.
You’re argument says: Alan Joyce gets paid $20 million for running Qantas, so a woman you runs a different airline flying fewer passengers should get the same salary as Joyce because she’s the top woman airline executive in Australia.

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

lets just merge the comps...given that GeNDa I$ a SoCiAl ContruCt
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)Hacker (397 reputation)

Let's put it this way if there is still any doubters. Would you pay AFL and AFLW players  the same when AFL attracts the millions of revenue of tv, people pay $$ to watch it in stadiums, whereas AFLW punters are let in for nothing or gold coin donation. Its not sexist, NPLW is probably crap to watch. When it catches up - hurrah for all - long way to go though.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paladisious - 24 May 2020 10:15 PM

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It has to do with income. There is more money coming into men's football than women's football. If the women's game grew enough to bring more income than men into the game then they'd earn more than men. Simple answer to this point.
notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)

Another rubbish thread , gender equality won’t be happening in any of the football codes anytime soon , but I do remember the NFL had a decent crack at it on late night TV .......
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

You pretty much answered it yourself

The gap in quality is irrelevant. From an entertainment point of view the top level females taking to the field is going to be more enticing than the reserve grade males

Also the landscaping example doesn't make much sense. By that logic only the winning teams should get paid

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

bluebird - 25 May 2020 2:17 PM

You pretty much answered it yourself

The gap in quality is irrelevant. From an entertainment point of view the top level females taking to the field is going to be more enticing than the reserve grade males

Also the landscaping example doesn't make much sense. By that logic only the winning teams should get paid

What is your logic behind this statement? It can't surely be based on the quality of the football?
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Keeper66 - 25 May 2020 3:54 PM
bluebird - 25 May 2020 2:17 PM

What is your logic behind this statement? It can't surely be based on the quality of the football?

My response was more about firing a few lines at something that annoyed me. But here is my opinion on the subject:

Males and females are different

First a point of clarification: I'm not talking about gender which is a load of fanciful frogshit. Sport shouldn't be based on personal ideologies otherwise we should have leagues based on religion. Segregation in sport should either be based on sex, or it should be unisex (ie- if its OK for one male to play in the AFLW then all males should be able to play in the AFLW)

By males and females are different I am talking about sex. We are biologically different, have different brains, different traits and evolutionary advantages / disadvantages. And there is nothing modern science can do to make one understand the other regardless of how people personally see themselves

Since males and females are different at a physical and competitive level then the elite level for males is equal to the elite level for females. ie- with all other things being equal the effort required for a female team to win a world cup or a national league is on par with a mens team winning a national league or world cup

Yes a horse can outrun a dog but that doesn't mean the fastest dog at the hound track is any less inferior or its win is any less meaningful

Yes a team of 15 year old males can beat the Matildas but they can't beat a team of 17 year old males. In fact there is quite a pathway for the players in that team to traverse before they are at the top of their game and (therefore at the top of the payscale)

So essentially with all other things being equal the quality of the elite womens game is the same as the quality of the elite mens game. The effort to win a womens league as a female is the same as winning the mens league as a male

As for the point about "entertainment" its true that professional sports is based on entertainment or interest in the elite. That's where the advertising, TV and dollars are. As I said, sport is a pathway and the money only presents itself at the top. This isn't inequity because the opportunity exists for people to work their way to the top and make money as they do (just like in the business world)

But women cant work their way from the W League to the A League. And this is where the inequity occurs

I personally don't believe that A League players and W League players should get paid the same because the revenue available for professional sports stems from elitist support and this is not equal. There is definitely merit in using some A League revenue to give females professional opportunities that their male counterparts enjoy but calls for equal pay is just being political for the sake of being political

But the constant remarks about women needing to beat men to be paid the same is a load of shit. And at the NPL / WNPL level where we aren't talking about TV deals, crowds, memberships or great sponsorship arrangements then it makes sense to recognise the accomplishment made by both sexes (due to their relative differences) instead of lazily comparing one directly with the other

Think of racing as an example. Its not the fastest recorded thing on Earth that gets the largest pay deal. Its the one that has the highest level of interest by fans, which then determines the pay rate for the athletes / mechanics involved

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I have to agree with this. I'd love to see us invest more in women's football because I think we can actually win a world cup, but we should do so on the basis of treating it as essentially a different sport. The same as other sports, we want to be the best in the world, so we should invest accordingly.

People make a big fuss about women's national teams losing to underage boys teams, which is stupid because being outrun by males doesn't make the women's game less or more valuable, but how many of the boys in those winning teams will make it as professionals? Odds say probably zero, or maybe one, and yet all the women in those teams are professional footballers. If those boys were competing against women to get to a professional level, more of them would succeed and they'd earn more from football than when competing against men.

Men and women footballers aren't in the same marketplace, so the equal pay argument makes little sense to me. 
jasongenova
jasongenova
Hacker
Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)

"The NPLW is regulated as an amateur competition, which prevents clubs reimbursing players over $100 per week" 

LOL if she think this statement is true, there are a lot of players who are getting paid more than a $100 in NPLW
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

been calling for a national mens netball team and I expect to be payed the same at the Diamonds.. I mean we're the same right? I have several months experience playing mixed netball at my local indoor sports centre....
Edited
4 Years Ago by jas88
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

do it Do DO IT FFA! pay them equals its only fair. Dont keep all the money for yourselves!

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search