FIFA 2020

FIFA 2020

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
anyone planning to get fifa 2020 or PES 20?

i am not playing these games as much i used to so it's the first time since 2006 i will not buy a fifa game 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 22 Jul 2019 3:57 PM
anyone planning to get fifa 2020 or PES 20?

i am not playing these games as much i used to so it's the first time since 2006 i will not buy a fifa game 

in 05 06 i was all PES.  now im all fifa.   PES career mode is probably still better. but i doubt it is still miles ahead in play ability.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

inala brah - 23 Jul 2019 11:37 AM
Melbcityguy - 22 Jul 2019 3:57 PM

in 05 06 i was all PES.  now im all fifa.   PES career mode is probably still better. but i doubt it is still miles ahead in play ability.

is the a league on pes mate? 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 23 Jul 2019 1:21 PM
inala brah - 23 Jul 2019 11:37 AM

is the a league on pes mate? 

no idea. havent played it since the 06 version - which i was still playing until about 6 or 7 years ago

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I usually get both. FIFA online is miles ahead, but prefer the PES Career mode (master league) much more. Although, did like FIFA's addition of the generic ACL last year.

A-League in full doesn't feature on PES, but it will have Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory as part of the Champions league, and a fully editable "Asian League" that I tend to edit into an expanded A-League.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

NicCarBel - 24 Jul 2019 10:13 PM
I usually get both. FIFA online is miles ahead, but prefer the PES Career mode (master league) much more. Although, did like FIFA's addition of the generic ACL last year.

A-League in full doesn't feature on PES, but it will have Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory as part of the Champions league, and a fully editable "Asian League" that I tend to edit into an expanded A-League.

thanks for clarifying i prefer to play friendlies with mates so not having the a league teams is a big no no 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Looks like there are quite a few changes to career mode in FIFA20 - will be interesting to see what kicks in other than cosmetic stuff.
Apparently AI managers will pick stronger teams now - so you're unlikely to come up against sides resting their star players.
A lot of emphasis on player confidence and morale,  Biggest problem with FIFA19, for me, is that if the player morale drops a little you can lose several games in a row before hey find any kind of form again.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

anyone checked out the demo?
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Melbcityguy - 13 Sep 2019 10:32 AM
anyone checked out the demo?

Not yet - but apparently I'm getting it on release day as a late Father's Day gift from my son.  Still trying to work out where he's getting the money from.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

Benjamin - 9 Aug 2019 12:18 PM
Looks like there are quite a few changes to career mode in FIFA20 - will be interesting to see what kicks in other than cosmetic stuff.
Apparently AI managers will pick stronger teams now - so you're unlikely to come up against sides resting their star players.
A lot of emphasis on player confidence and morale,  Biggest problem with FIFA19, for me, is that if the player morale drops a little you can lose several games in a row before hey find any kind of form again.

did you give career mode a good run?   im considering fifa 20 now...  but i only really play career mode.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Finally got it. Feels a bit rigid at first but like always on career mode it gets better once chemistry is built. I started as Mansfield Town and they were decent then went to Reading who are a shambles. What I don't get is I feel better with a player rated 64 than some swift and agile kid with 73. I think it's to do with my very quick intentions and the 64 rating balancing it out.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Just get bored after 18 months in career mode and keep going back to the Mansfield save and find a new job. I can't seem to enjoy anything outside Europe. I also don't enjoy playing with big teams. I took a job at Everton and they just move differently. I play best with players between 60 and 80. 

Not expecting much for FIFA 21
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

johnszasz - 14 Jun 2020 10:03 PM
Just get bored after 18 months in career mode and keep going back to the Mansfield save and find a new job. I can't seem to enjoy anything outside Europe. I also don't enjoy playing with big teams. I took a job at Everton and they just move differently. I play best with players between 60 and 80. 

Not expecting much for FIFA 21

Yeah, I am probably going to skip FIFA 21.

PES 2020 has been part of Xbox Game Pass, so I was playing that, and then I discovered my TV has built in Steam Link to play PC games on my TV, so I went and bought PES 2020 on it, because on PC and PS4 , PES is extremely editable (but not on Xbox). As in, if you're not happy that most of the EPL and La Liga are unlicensed, you can just download the kits and install them in about 5 minutes.

Someone even went and made an A-League file that replaces the fake Asian league, that has all 11 teams with up to date rosters (Sydney and Victory are already in game with last year's ACL squad), and then they also made up to date Auckland City, Wollongong, Adelaide City and Melbourne Knights, making 15 teams total. So, because I was lazy and Melbourne is already saturated with 3 teams, I just changed the kits and logos and stadium of Knights to Macarthur FC, and then with the left over blank team, made Canberra United kits and moved every other Australian/NZ free agent that is on the game there (made for about 20-21 players). It makes career mode fun, because it has a full ACL, plus Asian Cup and WCQ with full final stage qualifying. And a Club World Cup too.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

finally got on to fifa 20 and im done with it. the game play feels crap and im actually finding it completely unenjoyable to play.  i downloaded it from ea access to give a run before i bought it and im definitely not going to waste my cash on an actual copy.

i just found the players are unresponsive and clunky. defending just doesn't happen. the shooting thing is crap to use. no wonder it has the lowest player rating of any fifa ever.

i appreciate the modest updates to career mode but they are still so far off being decent that it's just not worth it.

the whole moral thing is bullshit. endless repetitive conferences where you have to agonisingly wait to click a couple buttons to make the players feel better.  there's no craft in it. it's just a shitty grind.  the whole game feels like a shitty grind.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

inala brah - 17 Jun 2020 1:51 PM
finally got on to fifa 20 and im done with it. the game play feels crap and im actually finding it completely unenjoyable to play.  i downloaded it from ea access to give a run before i bought it and im definitely not going to waste my cash on an actual copy.

i just found the players are unresponsive and clunky. defending just doesn't happen. the shooting thing is crap to use. no wonder it has the lowest player rating of any fifa ever.

i appreciate the modest updates to career mode but they are still so far off being decent that it's just not worth it.

the whole moral thing is bullshit. endless repetitive conferences where you have to agonisingly wait to click a couple buttons to make the players feel better.  there's no craft in it. it's just a shitty grind.  the whole game feels like a shitty grind.

It’s on Access now? Great, I can trade in my disc copy.

unless there’s is a substantial update for FIFA 21, I won’t get it either. Probably going to stick to PES on Steam
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

NicCarBel - 17 Jun 2020 9:59 PM
inala brah - 17 Jun 2020 1:51 PM

It’s on Access now? Great, I can trade in my disc copy.

unless there’s is a substantial update for FIFA 21, I won’t get it either. Probably going to stick to PES on Steam

the last i bought was 18. the price for 20 has dropped so much now that i thought it was worth a look.

i wish they would just do a release of an older better version with squad updates.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

inala brah - 18 Jun 2020 9:30 AM
NicCarBel - 17 Jun 2020 9:59 PM

the last i bought was 18. the price for 20 has dropped so much now that i thought it was worth a look.

i wish they would just do a release of an older better version with squad updates.

If you get it on PC, you might be able to find some mods that do that. People do similar mods for PES on PC/PS4
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

NicCarBel - 18 Jun 2020 11:45 AM
inala brah - 18 Jun 2020 9:30 AM

If you get it on PC, you might be able to find some mods that do that. People do similar mods for PES on PC/PS4

i like playing it on the console

didnt realise you could upload the options file onto ps4.  amazing!

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

inala brah - 19 Jun 2020 1:16 PM
NicCarBel - 18 Jun 2020 11:45 AM

i like playing it on the console

didnt realise you could upload the options file onto ps4.  amazing!

Yeah, PS4 and PC you can do option files. Just not on Xbox. Playing it on PC though, what I do is I just plug in my Xbox controller and it works straight outta the box as if its on console, so its not too bad.
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Not sure if anyone else here plays Pro Clubs but the teammate AI gets worse and worse each year to the point that it's basically unplayable now. Used to get our team up to Division 2 but struggling to survive Division 6 these days.

I play in a club with usually 3 or 4 of us playing at the same time and we pass the ball around well and score quality goals... but constantly get dicked from a defender miskicking, attempting something ridiculous or having the tackling ability of a witches hat. Also love getting a corner, the ball being cleared up field and then getting done on a 3 on 1 counter attack every damn time.

May as well give up on trying to create a good player that can pass and cross and just pump all my stats into speed and accelaration.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

evolution - 23 Jun 2020 10:22 AM
Not sure if anyone else here plays Pro Clubs but the teammate AI gets worse and worse each year to the point that it's basically unplayable now. Used to get our team up to Division 2 but struggling to survive Division 6 these days.

I play in a club with usually 3 or 4 of us playing at the same time and we pass the ball around well and score quality goals... but constantly get dicked from a defender miskicking, attempting something ridiculous or having the tackling ability of a witches hat. Also love getting a corner, the ball being cleared up field and then getting done on a 3 on 1 counter attack every damn time.

May as well give up on trying to create a good player that can pass and cross and just pump all my stats into speed and accelaration.

every time the AI clears an incoming corner they manage to collect the ball for a counter - a direct pass from a clearing header each time.  if i clear an incoming corner i will get the win the ball less then 25% of the time and I am always swarmed by defenders and turn it over.

trying to clear a corner, receive the second ball, and spring a counter, is almost impossible.

also, on the counter my players gas out after running half the pitch - you can have a 95 rated sprinter reigned in by a 6'6" CB..

evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

inala brah - 25 Jun 2020 3:03 PM
evolution - 23 Jun 2020 10:22 AM

every time the AI clears an incoming corner they manage to collect the ball for a counter - a direct pass from a clearing header each time.  if i clear an incoming corner i will get the win the ball less then 25% of the time and I am always swarmed by defenders and turn it over.

trying to clear a corner, receive the second ball, and spring a counter, is almost impossible.

also, on the counter my players gas out after running half the pitch - you can have a 95 rated sprinter reigned in by a 6'6" CB..

Yeah I feel this.

In the days of old a well timed lobbed ball over the top for the striker to run onto was an effective tactic, nowadays the CB will either hit Usain Bolt like speeds to get there first or perform some acrobatic miracle to intervene. 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

evolution - 26 Jun 2020 1:14 PM
inala brah - 25 Jun 2020 3:03 PM

Yeah I feel this.

In the days of old a well timed lobbed ball over the top for the striker to run onto was an effective tactic, nowadays the CB will either hit Usain Bolt like speeds to get there first or perform some acrobatic miracle to intervene. 

and they tackle like dhalsim 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search