These Karen memes

These Karen memes

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What’s everyone think It’s a interesting point if you invalidate a certain group of people’s opinions by labelling them that’s what this Karen meme looks like to me imo

Or is it a harmless joke?

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Its gone beyond what it originally was meant as that's for sure.

As someone who has spent years in hospitality/bartending etc its an unbelievablely accurate stereotype. Upper middle class white women with short hair are just genetically predisposed to demand to speak to your manager.

Men are just fuckwits to you and then generally storm out or try to fight you.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 24 Jul 2020 1:52 PM

As someone who has spent years in hospitality/bartending etc its an unbelievablely accurate stereotype. Upper middle class white women with short hair are just genetically predisposed to demand to speak to your manager.

Yep.

I feel sorry for anyone actually named Karen who isn't a "Karen"

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

This is pretty strong I just think it’s almost racist at the point at targeting white women even though they fit the stereotype
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
But I've done all of Brahhhton.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

petszk - 24 Jul 2020 3:09 PM

Yep.

I feel sorry for anyone actually named Karen who isn't a "Karen"

I knew a Karen who lived across the road from my mates' old place and she was a total fox who looked like Christie Brinkley. So when I call a woman a Karen, it means she's a cougar and I'd love to bang her.

I do understand the bowl cut, sexually frustrated, "I want to speak to the manager"/ "If it saves just one life it doesn't matter how many lives it ruins" type though...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Starting to feel sorry for actual Karens now.  These fuckheads, like the stupid woman that refused to wear a mask in Bunnings, are really making life difficult for the aforementioned.

These weirdos need another name. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Wondering why everyone is focussed on this one Karen who refuses to wear a mask in Bunnings, Post Office and not the hundreds of thousands of Karens attending BLM protests this week who think virtue signalling about black people outweighs the risk to public safety by spreading Covid everywhere? 

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 24 Jul 2020 1:32 PM
What’s everyone think It’s a interesting point if you invalidate a certain group of people’s opinions by labelling them that’s what this Karen meme looks like to me imo

Or is it a harmless joke?

It is no different to any stereotype. Millenial, Boomer, Snowflake, Leftist, Hippy, the list is endless and largely pointless. 

I highly HIGHLY doubt all the people that fit the Karen stereotype have or do not also sterotyped others in a different way. 

The lesson here is don't fit into your own stereotypes. The "Karen" attitude is a person no one should aim to or be happy to fit the mould of. My mrs pretty much looks like a Karen but certainly is not one personality wise for the most part - it is up to her to prove that by acting like a decent human being. Anyone that fits the personality mould of a Karen, deserves to be called out in some way and this single word is the easiest to do so. Rather than take offence, get some self-awareness and fix your shit. 
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
What I find interesting about the Karen stereotype, is that it specifically targets white women.  The insinuation is that it only or primarily white women are or act entitled, and that men or black people do not.  So it is not only racist but sexist as well, a true double whammy. And yes while there are certainly white women who act or are entitled, there are also stacks of blokes and black people who do too, such as those demanding reparations or who feel they are entitled to special privilege because their ancestors were here first.  My point is that not only is the current Karen meme culture is racist and sexist, but entitlement knows no racial or gender bounds.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

rusty - 27 Jul 2020 11:13 AM
Wondering why everyone is focussed on this one Karen who refuses to wear a mask in Bunnings, Post Office and not the hundreds of thousands of Karens attending BLM protests this week who think virtue signalling about black people outweighs the risk to public safety by spreading Covid everywhere? 

Haven't you heard? COVID only affects people who go to the beach or protest for their right to get a haircut. For people who stand up and riot peacefully protest, the virus is powerless against their inherent virtue. Plus, every single person who attends is wearing a mask and washes their hands 10 times while at the protest, unlike uneducated bogans who want to go to the beach or the park or the footy.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 27 Jul 2020 12:59 PM
rusty - 27 Jul 2020 11:13 AM

Haven't you heard? COVID only affects people who go to the beach or protest for their right to get a haircut. For people who stand up and riot peacefully protest, the virus is powerless against their inherent virtue. Plus, every single person who attends is wearing a mask and washes their hands 10 times while at the protest, unlike uneducated bogans who want to go to the beach or the park or the footy.

😂😂😂 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

pv4 - 27 Jul 2020 12:03 PM

It is no different to any stereotype. Millenial, Boomer, Snowflake, Leftist, Hippy, the list is endless and largely pointless. 

I highly HIGHLY doubt all the people that fit the Karen stereotype have or do not also sterotyped others in a different way. 

The lesson here is don't fit into your own stereotypes. The "Karen" attitude is a person no one should aim to or be happy to fit the mould of. My mrs pretty much looks like a Karen but certainly is not one personality wise for the most part - it is up to her to prove that by acting like a decent human being. Anyone that fits the personality mould of a Karen, deserves to be called out in some way and this single word is the easiest to do so. Rather than take offence, get some self-awareness and fix your shit. 

I’m not offended just thought it was interesting to talk about 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

rusty - 27 Jul 2020 12:45 PM
What I find interesting about the Karen stereotype, is that it specifically targets white women.  The insinuation is that it only or primarily white women are or act entitled, and that men or black people do not.  So it is not only racist but sexist as well, a true double whammy. And yes while there are certainly white women who act or are entitled, there are also stacks of blokes and black people who do too, such as those demanding reparations or who feel they are entitled to special privilege because their ancestors were here first.  My point is that not only is the current Karen meme culture is racist and sexist, but entitlement knows no racial or gender bounds.

On the Karen meme pages there is actually a cross section of people being lambasted including black people.  I believe the male version is a 'rick'.  Saw some corkers last night including one entitled woman get tasered after she kicked out at the policeman after first refusing to get out of her car and then refusing to be compliant.

Pretty funny actually.  

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Still.  Would be annoying as hell if your name was actually Karen.  I've seen the name morph into 'Qaren' on some pages.  Presumably to give real Karens a break.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

And Mr PV could you please explain where the multi speculation thread has gone and why it disappeared just after Decentric made a comeback?

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Nah fuck the Karens lol

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-australia-antimaskers-script-revealed/news-story/154383f445f54e08fd65020b56479666

They need to be pepper sprayed.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:22 PM

Still.  Would be annoying as hell if your name was actually Karen.  I've seen the name morph into 'Qaren' on some pages.  Presumably to give real Karens a break.

It would be annoying if your house is built with asbestos because it seemed like a good idea at the time, too. 

On the Decentric & Multi thread - I was truthfully unaware both he/she returned, and the thread was gone. I personally cannot answer either for you, nor know of any relation between the two events. A smarter & more aware mod than me may know the answer to either/all. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by pv4
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well, if there is any movies or shows with "Karen" in the title they'll be gone soon I expect :)

Love Football

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

She looks alright posing infront of her 4x4 😉
Muz
Muz
Legend

robstazzz - 27 Jul 2020 4:51 PM

She looks alright posing infront of her 4x4 😉

Different Karen.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:22 PM

I just feel for the Karen people, the ethnic minority on the Burma/Thai border lol
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Memes you can hear: https://www.facebook.com/Simpsonsagainsttheliberals/posts/2727628537457542
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paladisious - 27 Jul 2020 7:09 PM

My favourite facebook page!

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:20 PM
rusty - 27 Jul 2020 12:45 PM

On the Karen meme pages there is actually a cross section of people being lambasted including black people.  I believe the male version is a 'rick'.  Saw some corkers last night including one entitled woman get tasered after she kicked out at the policeman after first refusing to get out of her car and then refusing to be compliant.

Pretty funny actually.  

I've seen them called Darren. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:23 PM
And Mr PV could you please explain where the multi speculation thread has gone and why it disappeared just after Decentric made a comeback?

I think you want to speak to Mr PV's manager...
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

According to someone on ABC Melbourne radio this morning only two baby girls have been registered with the name Karen since 2006. It was the most popular name for baby girls around the 50s and 60s though, so the whinging boomer connotations of the meme name are clear. I don't see the name becoming more popular any time soon!
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
Muz
Muz
Legend

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/why-we-should-stop-calling-people-karen/news-story/9602d33498cfada2888c05c99f1bd8fb

As Robin Queen, Professor of Linguistics at the University of Michigan, pointed out in The Conversation, that incident provided the “intersection of entitled behaviour, racism and demographics”.In that article she ends by asking, “is Karen fundamentally about white women using their racial privilege as a weapon? Is it about being an obnoxious rule follower? Or is it about being a no-fun, hysterical mum? Karen can be and is all of those. That doesn’t weaken the critique; it simply gives it more facets and nuance.”But I think we should just all go back to calling a Karen what they really are - a d***head.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
pv4
pv4
Legend

Burztur - 27 Jul 2020 7:28 PM
Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:20 PM

I've seen them called Darren. 

I have seen them called Boomers. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

You younger single blokes should give those Karen's a good dicking.  They'd probably go off like a Chinese New Year. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search