Perth Glory v Western United (started 5:30pm - on now)

Perth Glory v Western United (started 5:30pm - on now)

Author
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Did not see a match thread.

Halftime - Glory playing better than they have lately in defence. Still missing Castro up front but not entirely clueless going in on goals.

Result may determine where Western United end up with SFC and MC games for them after this. Tonight quite critical to their finals chances.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Glory are very, very poor atm. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

sportaddict - 12 Aug 2020 6:35 PM
Glory are very, very poor atm. 

Says something about how bad with this as an improvement.

Chokearolli. Bloody hell poorly handled.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

2 avoidable goals for Western United.

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

How are the Pop bros playing? They are copping a hounding on facebook, but to be expected when losing.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

thekingmb - 12 Aug 2020 6:46 PM
How are the Pop bros playing? They are copping a hounding on facebook, but to be expected when losing.

I was thinking that they look like at least one of them is overthinking every touch and every play.

For all the good they can do, they seem stiff and awkward (like the pressure of dad and the public watching is weighing heavily on them).

As they are now together I cannot believe they are the best option for Glory but hard to tell on my computer screen (Kayo) which is which in any one moment.

Not much real information sorry.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

5 defenders on Fornarolli in the box and yet no option elsewhere for Perth opened up really.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

G Poppa, Franjic and Kilkenny are the sacrificial lambs as Poppa makes 3 subs.

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 12 Aug 2020 6:53 PM

I was thinking that they look like at least one of them is overthinking every touch and every play.

For all the good they can do, they seem stiff and awkward (like the pressure of dad and the public watching is weighing heavily on them).

As they are now together I cannot believe they are the best option for Glory but hard to tell on my computer screen (Kayo) which is which in any one moment.

Not much real information sorry.

Cheers
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

thekingmb - 12 Aug 2020 7:00 PM
Roar in me Blood - 12 Aug 2020 6:53 PM

Cheers

Harps says K-Pop was the most dangerous looking player for Perth (just subbed) so it must be G-Pop who was the struggler.

sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Gabriel is good at holding the ball up but probably, as expected as a 17 year old, not ready for A-League football yet technically. Doesn’t help that Bruno seems determined not to pass to him. He’s won a lot of fouls but a few loose touches. 

Kristian has played quite well. Probably their best midfielder tonight, few good touches and a few loose ones. Andy Harper has raved about him tonight, but I think personally he’s been better in previous games - looks a little off the pace after his foot infection. 

Neither has been fantastic, but now that they’re both off Perth are not noticeably better at all. While they may not be incredibly effective players yet (at 17 and 18 years old), Perth are no better with them off. 

Hopefully, however, this match experience, whether deserved or not, helps them immeasurably in the future. No player of Gabriel’s age in the country is getting as much game time at this level, and apart from some of the Adelaide boys, the same goes for Kristian. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Holy shit Pasquali is still alive.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro

paladisious - 12 Aug 2020 7:24 PM
Holy shit Pasquali is still alive.

He started their first two games post restart. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sportaddict - 12 Aug 2020 7:24 PM
paladisious - 12 Aug 2020 7:24 PM

He started their first two games post restart. 

Just saw that.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search