Is James Johnson the man to lead us to the ' promised land' or just another 'imposter'.

Is James Johnson the man to lead us to the ' promised land' or just...

Author
libelous
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
For mine, he has taken the 'low road', an excellent  position to take given the volatile nature that  football media in all it's forms finds itself in.  Whilst the game itself shoud be the most important part of any discussion, sadly , ego's take over and the important part is lost.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Time will tell he is better then the last group of idiots but football is in a bad place right now in Australia 

the national team is shit and the domestic league is broke 

Football has no golden boy to promote itself like in the past 

Sure Sam Kerr has become popular but i think without anyone at any big clubs in Europe playing UCL or competiting for top league  titles football is going to struggle 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

All leagues do bounce back up at some point. Depends on the credentials and competency on those that leads them. I doubt this regime and JJ can match what Lowy achieved for our code.

In a resort somewhere

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Davstar - 27 Sep 2020 11:11 PM
Time will tell he is better then the last group of idiots but football is in a bad place right now in Australia 

the national team is shit and the domestic league is broke 

Football has no golden boy to promote itself like in the past 

Sure Sam Kerr has become popular but i think without anyone at any big clubs in Europe playing UCL or competiting for top league  titles football is going to struggle 

funny how you don't mention hosting WWC23
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I'm listening to Adam Peacock's podcast right now, a 40 minute interview with JJ (recorded about 10 days ago).
A few on here think that he's quite supportive of an NSD and P&R, but you listen to this interview and there's really nothing he says that would give you confidence that he is trying to bring it in in a hurry.
One thing for sure, he is dead set against a traditional P&R model - so that ain't happening - people need to forget about it now, will not happen under Johnson's reign.
He then summarised a few systems he likes from different parts of the world where the message is clear, like Nikou, their priority is to protect current club owners.

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)

paulc - 28 Sep 2020 9:18 AM
All leagues do bounce back up at some point. Depends on the credentials and competency on those that leads them. I doubt this regime and JJ can match what Lowy achieved for our code.

Yeah you're right, JJ and this regime could certainly not match Lowy for the amount of division, mistrust and toxicity created within the game.... hit the nail on the head there. 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

bettega - 28 Sep 2020 9:38 AM
I'm listening to Adam Peacock's podcast right now, a 40 minute interview with JJ (recorded about 10 days ago).
A few on here think that he's quite supportive of an NSD and P&R, but you listen to this interview and there's really nothing he says that would give you confidence that he is trying to bring it in in a hurry.
One thing for sure, he is dead set against a traditional P&R model - so that ain't happening - people need to forget about it now, will not happen under Johnson's reign.
He then summarised a few systems he likes from different parts of the world where the message is clear, like Nikou, their priority is to protect current club owners.

It's important to remember that JJ (or any other CEO for that matter), cannot make any big decisions (eg NSD, P&R, etc). Only the board can do that. The job of the CEO is to achieve the goals set out by the board (whatever they may be). So if the board want the NSD to happen, then it's the CEO's job to ensure it happens in the most effective way possible. If they don't, then it's not in the CEO's per view.
They take away I got from that interview was that nothing else (eg: NSD) can happen before the A-League independence is finalised. During the interview JJ repeated the statement "independence is currently the number one priority" numerous times. This kinda makes sense. Currently the A-League is tying up FFA resources (finances, staff, etc). Until the A-league is independent, the FFA are legally obligated to fund and operate it. The question I have, is why is it taking so long. The decision on independence was approved via vote in July 2019. That's 16 months ago with very little (if any) progress. Usually in the business world, transferal of ownership is a relatively quick process with both parties eager to finalise things as soon as possible. Who is dragging their feet, the clubs, the FFA or both? What is the sticking point? Neither group have been forthcoming with any tangible information.

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)Amateur (504 reputation)

I think at the moment the NSD is just not on the top of his priority list, hence why he's happy for the AAFC to do all the leg work now. This "unbundling" of the A-League I think is taking up more focus, particularly since the clubs and the FFA are odds over how much freedom the clubs get. You throw in the search for the Matildas coach, monitoring the pay dispute, the pay deal for the NTs (which has been done), finalising his roadmap for 11 principles etc..... he's got a bit going on.

NSD and P&R both support his 11 principles, so I can't see why he's not supportive of it.    
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

libelous - 27 Sep 2020 10:54 PM
For mine, he has taken the 'low road', an excellent  position to take given the volatile nature that  football media in all it's forms finds itself in.  Whilst the game itself shoud be the most important part of any discussion, sadly , ego's take over and the important part is lost.

Apparently the ‘low road’ gets you to Scotland faster than the high road... but not sure what else it’s good for.
notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)

clockwork orange - 28 Sep 2020 2:25 PM
libelous - 27 Sep 2020 10:54 PM

Apparently the ‘low road’ gets you to Scotland faster than the high road... but not sure what else it’s good for.

Oh no! 
Now this thread will be totally derailed by donkeys debating which is quicker, is it easier to go inland over peaks or try the coastal route which is more scenic , for the record I prefer the low road.

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)

notarobot - 28 Sep 2020 2:39 PM
clockwork orange - 28 Sep 2020 2:25 PM

Oh no! 
Now this thread will be totally derailed by donkeys debating which is quicker, is it easier to go inland over peaks or try the coastal route which is more scenic , for the record I prefer the low road.

But if the CCP were to build a tunnel from the border to john o groats that would definitely be quicker.
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-targeting-40m-boost-to-game-with-crucial-transfer-overhaul-20200928-p55zzx.html?__twitter_impression=true

Good for the game however DB doesn’t mention the agreement for FFA to take a cut from international sales. The agreement that was made with APFCA I’m sure will be a staple of any NSD.

10% thank you sir.

Can understand why it is a focus and FFA wanting to teach clubs how FFA would receive the most money.
Georgeg
Georgeg
Hacker
Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)

I listened to that and didn’t think he was against P&R. Peacock is definitely the sceptical one and posed the question in that manner. He made sense that we cannot just copy the EPL and expect a good result. We need a system that will work for an Aus context.
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Georgeg - 29 Sep 2020 7:33 AM

I listened to that and didn’t think he was against P&R. Peacock is definitely the sceptical one and posed the question in that manner. He made sense that we cannot just copy the EPL and expect a good result. We need a system that will work for an Aus context.

JJ said straight out that the English system would not work in Australia, then he goes over a few of the more "unique" systems used in different parts of the world.
Also, he does the old thing of:  Yes, of course I support a 2nd division and P&R, of course I support it...But...
It's this "but" bit we need to focus on, don't worry about the platitudes.

saweston
saweston
Amateur

bettega - 29 Sep 2020 9:48 AM
Georgeg - 29 Sep 2020 7:33 AM

JJ said straight out that the English system would not work in Australia, then he goes over a few of the more "unique" systems used in different parts of the world.
Also, he does the old thing of:  Yes, of course I support a 2nd division and P&R, of course I support it...But...
It's this "but" bit we need to focus on, don't worry about the platitudes.

The "but" is most likely to temper expectations ie. P&R is not going to be happening next season, and we very well may not have a system that mirrors English football. Don't see any problem with that. Still think JJ is all for it, it's just not is number one priority at this stage. 
bettega
bettega
World Class

saweston - 29 Sep 2020 10:29 AM

The "but" is most likely to temper expectations ie. P&R is not going to be happening next season, and we very well may not have a system that mirrors English football. Don't see any problem with that. Still think JJ is all for it, it's just not is number one priority at this stage. 

No doubt he is tempering expectations, further than that, you could not describe him as being gung ho about it.
He's not really pushing it, not for next season, not for the season after, and not for the season after that.
Re the English system, let's at least stop talking about it.
It's not going to happen under JJ's reign, and that's a fact.
That's all I'm saying, accept it, it's not happening.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Well the relegation part of P&R is not likely to happen before 2034. The current A-League club licences grant them the right to be in the competition until 2034.
However the promotion part of P&R could be introduced much much sooner.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Its incredible to think the transfer system was never on the agenda by the non football CEOs we had in the last 15 years.

JJ seeing the bigger picture...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-targeting-40m-boost-to-game-with-crucial-transfer-overhaul-20200928-p55zzx.html

df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

someguyjc - 29 Sep 2020 11:52 AM

Well the relegation part of P&R is not likely to happen before 2034. The current A-League club licences grant them the right to be in the competition until 2034.
However the promotion part of P&R could be introduced much much sooner.

The licence thing is a non-issue. Licences still require clubs to meet minimum requirements. This can just be changed so that a minimum requirement is not finishing last in a given season.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

df1982 - 29 Sep 2020 3:55 PM
someguyjc - 29 Sep 2020 11:52 AM

The licence thing is a non-issue. Licences still require clubs to meet minimum requirements. This can just be changed so that a minimum requirement is not finishing last in a given season.

Except that the people in charge of changing that requirement is soon to be the AL clubs. Not saying they wouldn't make the change, but it would require the majority to vote to do so. If the FFA retain some sort of power over licences as part of the independence agreement then they may be able to vito a change like that through.
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

I had high hopes for JJ when he came in, he is a football person through and through.

Then what has he achieved?

Nothing. A few plans that were already in place before he started have come to fruition.

Everyone with a vision for the game needs to ignore the FFA and get on with it themselves. The FFA and everyone in it should be treated as bad actors, incapable of working for the good of all. If an NSD is going to happen then it needs to be set up and forgiveness demanded. If the IAL is to occur then they need to just get on with it and presume the FFA has nothing to do with anything. The game will get nowhere with the FFA guiding it, no matter who is involved.

I asked Bozza when we decide that JJ, and the FFA, should be overthrown by a revolution from within the actual game. I think that the time is now. If anyone thinks that they should be given more time, at what point does your employee who can't balance the till can't restock the shelves, can't sweep or mop the floor, and sits in the toilet for half their shift talking on their mobile phone get fired? Because the FFA is exactly that, worse than useless.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

Think you're jumping the gun a bit. No sooner did he come in than the pandemic hit, which even in good times would be an all-consuming task to deal with: trying to re-arrange seasons (at all levels of the game), international dates, dealing with historically unprecedented interstate travel restrictions. And to top it all off seeing Foxtel basically wipe their hands of the game.

And yet in that time he has also:
* introduced a switch from summer to winter for the A-League (thus removing the biggest logistical roadblock to pro-rel)
* taken steps to introduce a domestic transfer market (his real passion project)
* paved the way for A-League independence (although this is a frustratingly slow process)
* set up the Starting XI (bringing alienated ex-players back inside the tent) and the XI principles survey, which is undoubtedly the basis for more radical changes to the game's governance

The AAFC themselves have stated that he has been much more receptive to their NSD plans than the old guard is, but I think he has to tread lightly here so as not to ruffle the feathers of the existing A-League clubs, and make sure that a model is developed that won't be a huge financial drain on the game. He could have come in all guns blazing but that would likely have backfired with innate resistance from existing stakeholders.
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Barca4Life - 29 Sep 2020 11:55 AM
Its incredible to think the transfer system was never on the agenda by the non football CEOs we had in the last 15 years.

JJ seeing the bigger picture...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-targeting-40m-boost-to-game-with-crucial-transfer-overhaul-20200928-p55zzx.html

That isn't strictly correct, FFA was well aware of transfers but it didnt fit in with their strategy for the AL so they didn't implement them. Relevant quote from Gallop below:

“There are no transfer fees between clubs and no loan deals or loan fees between clubs.

“Why do we place these restrictions on our clubs?

“There are three important reasons.

“The first is competitive balance. We want the fans of every club to start the season believing that they can win the championship.

“The second important reason is economic.

The financial model of the A-League means FFA distributes $2.5m to each club – exactly enough to cover the salary cap payments.

“That leaves the club to fund its other costs – coaches, marketing, venues, front office and so on.

“We need to have clubs reaching break-even point and then moving to profitability. The mechanisms are helping achieve that goal.

“The third reason for the mechanisms is to encourage club investment beyond the primary professional squad.

https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/gallop-how-australia-can-inspire-chinese-football

bettega
bettega
World Class

I'm not sure any of those reasons make any sense.
They failed in meeting the threshold of breaking even.
Bit of a pipe dream that all clubs could be profitable.

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

df1982 - 29 Sep 2020 6:29 PM
Think you're jumping the gun a bit. No sooner did he come in than the pandemic hit, which even in good times would be an all-consuming task to deal with: trying to re-arrange seasons (at all levels of the game), international dates, dealing with historically unprecedented interstate travel restrictions. And to top it all off seeing Foxtel basically wipe their hands of the game.

And yet in that time he has also:
* introduced a switch from summer to winter for the A-League (thus removing the biggest logistical roadblock to pro-rel)
* taken steps to introduce a domestic transfer market (his real passion project)
* paved the way for A-League independence (although this is a frustratingly slow process)
* set up the Starting XI (bringing alienated ex-players back inside the tent) and the XI principles survey, which is undoubtedly the basis for more radical changes to the game's governance

The AAFC themselves have stated that he has been much more receptive to their NSD plans than the old guard is, but I think he has to tread lightly here so as not to ruffle the feathers of the existing A-League clubs, and make sure that a model is developed that won't be a huge financial drain on the game. He could have come in all guns blazing but that would likely have backfired with innate resistance from existing stakeholders.

Look, I get what you're saying and past me would have agreed with you.

Just on the NSD situation, any league that is reliant on the FFA to provide funding for it is automatically a failure. This is why the AAFC have declared that the NSD will be entirely self funded, that is exactly the right attitude to have.

The Starting XI and XI Principles are distractions. They don't mean a thing. The Starting XI is an advisory group, who gives a shit because the FFA doesn't. The XI Principles don't have a timetable, therefore it is also a big pile of shit.

I wish my language could be less combative because I genuinely think that there is a huge amount of positive movement and goodwill within the game, it just stops the moment you get to the governing bodies.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.

saweston
saweston
Amateur

AJF - 30 Sep 2020 10:01 AM
Barca4Life - 29 Sep 2020 11:55 AM

That isn't strictly correct, FFA was well aware of transfers but it didnt fit in with their strategy for the AL so they didn't implement them. Relevant quote from Gallop below:

“There are no transfer fees between clubs and no loan deals or loan fees between clubs.

“Why do we place these restrictions on our clubs?

“There are three important reasons.

“The first is competitive balance. We want the fans of every club to start the season believing that they can win the championship.

“The second important reason is economic.

The financial model of the A-League means FFA distributes $2.5m to each club – exactly enough to cover the salary cap payments.

“That leaves the club to fund its other costs – coaches, marketing, venues, front office and so on.

“We need to have clubs reaching break-even point and then moving to profitability. The mechanisms are helping achieve that goal.

“The third reason for the mechanisms is to encourage club investment beyond the primary professional squad.

https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/gallop-how-australia-can-inspire-chinese-football

Barca4Life is actually correct... transfers were never on their agenda. There's a difference between being aware of something and having it on your "to-do" list. Gallop, Lowy and Co, never saw the bigger picture!  
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend

bettega - 30 Sep 2020 10:20 AM
I'm not sure any of those reasons make any sense.
They failed in meeting the threshold of breaking even.
Bit of a pipe dream that all clubs could be profitable.

They talk about profitability because it obfuscates the real measure of a football club's financial stability, cash flow.

If you have noticed they are constantly talking about the strength of the game participation wise versus the weakness of the game funding wise. This ignores the reality that the vast amount of the monetary value inherently in the game is at the grassroots. Unshackling the grassroots from the tyranny of the FFA and the AL/IAL and freeing that capital to be used for investment in development is the only way for the game to move forward.

Every time someone talks about the game needing to be profitable you know they really mean the game needs to remain stagnant.

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend

saweston - 30 Sep 2020 10:38 AM
AJF - 30 Sep 2020 10:01 AM

Barca4Life is actually correct... transfers were never on their agenda. There's a difference between being aware of something and having it on your "to-do" list. Gallop, Lowy and Co, never saw the bigger picture!  

I hate saying positive things about Gallop, but he came in with a vision and was told in no uncertain terms that he would be doing only what Lowy wanted and nothing else. Of course, he was a spineless coward who accepted his golden handcuffs and settled down at the trough with the rest of them.

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

General Ashnak - 30 Sep 2020 10:34 AM

Just on the NSD situation, any league that is reliant on the FFA to provide funding for it is automatically a failure. This is why the AAFC have declared that the NSD will be entirely self funded, that is exactly the right attitude to have.

The Starting XI and XI Principles are distractions. They don't mean a thing. The Starting XI is an advisory group, who gives a shit because the FFA doesn't. The XI Principles don't have a timetable, therefore it is also a big pile of shit.

I wish my language could be less combative because I genuinely think that there is a huge amount of positive movement and goodwill within the game, it just stops the moment you get to the governing bodies.

While a lot of what you said is true the one thing that I will take issue with is the XI principles. They may sound like motherhood statements but that is exactly the point. They are designed to be a set of motherhood statements that the football community can all agree on (a big task in itself) They shouldn't have a timetable because they are not a to do list.

Any decision being made now though should be held up against those principles.
1) Does the decision achieve anything in line with the principles - if not why are we doing it?
2) Does the decision align to the principles - no - then chances are it is a wrong decision.

The FFA have had three types of CEOs since they began. The John O'Neill style, listen to everyone, ignore and implement what I think. The Ben Buckley/David Gallop style, listen to the Board only, do only their bidding and ignore everyone else.  Everyone has complained about both approaches. JJs approach is different again. The current CEO has only been there for 9 months and is trying to bring an incredibly diverse football community along with him. I think maybe he deserves at least a modicum of patience as he tries an approach that potentially can potentially get everybody pulling in the same direction rather than pulling the game apart.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

General Ashnak - 30 Sep 2020 10:34 AM

That said about the NSD, that it will be self sufficient, is enough reason for it to come in, if infact that would be the case. So, I could go a step further then and say that the FFA of any version, including now, have been very negligent of the development of more Australian players domestically by not creating a NSD.
Galatas is an innovative self starter and has taken on that job of doing what is required, with the co-operation of the NPL clubs with rich history.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search