world football appreciation thread

world football appreciation thread

Author
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 5 Nov 2020 9:33 AM
I sure won't support any type of breakaway Super Euro comp like this model.
It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and Marcotti says it all in this sentence

"And if you follow the U.S. major league blueprint -- a closed league with no promotion and relegation, maybe a salary cap -- you're on to a guaranteed money-spinner."

Not surprising the outed Barca Prez agreed to say they are IN for they are in financial dire straits ! by their own doing might I add.

I don't want to see only the top flight Euro rich clubs in a stand alone comp year in year out.

CL Group stages boring ? different to the WC for seeing varying NT nations (minnows) some games are no different boring BUT nonetheless good to see "variety" and cup sets when if they occur.
CL has that the last couple of seasons, many Clubs qualifying for their first time, I see that as refreshing and as these less known first timers keep punching away they gain $$$ benefit to get stronger. (excl pandemic times) Group stages is part on the theatre - your sounding like just preffering to see the big clubs.
Thats not what its about.
I like CL, just saw a Turkish Clubs 1st time in CL gain their first win Instanbul Basaksehir vs of all Clubs United - what do you think that does for that Turkish Club, their biggest scalp to date in their Clubs history.
Thats what CL is about, just depends how invested you are in watching these games.

The English FA will be dead against their top 4 clubs leaving to join this.  

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 5 Nov 2020 10:16 AM
LFC. - 5 Nov 2020 9:33 AM

The English FA will be dead against their top 4 clubs leaving to join this.  

not just that one the other was this as maybe you've seen before :
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4209228/liverpoolman-united-failed-in-project-big-picture,-but-english-footballs-problems-wont-go-away

Thats 6 EPL top flighters here, imagine the EFA then lol......PBP, fuck me all aabout the buck and yes I know one instigator in my LFC owners ffs.
You know this is like the money grab con we experienced here in the NRL Murdoch Super League debacle that divided the game, yes I know its nrl wgaf BUT same vein, big money owners thinks it can run its own show, pluck all the top clubs/players but I can't see it last long term (IF it ever happens)

Its crazily against footballs DNA, we supporters will get sick of this money closed comp (same clubs no P/R) and it will flip just as what happened with nrl.
Some may think its great but history has shown not.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

You love to see it a team from Ukraine beating Real Madrid 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yer rippa result and they are calling for zidanes head once again.
That group is wide open, next games are like finals.

I was happy also for Mabils Midtjyland gaining the draw, good on them 1st time in the CL getting a point.
Marseille as well getting the win.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Group F CL has been entertaining, especially todays RB vs surprise packet Istanbul Basaksehir due to their aging 3 ex EPL players, Rafael, mighty Skrtel and Darth Dem Ba !
A exciting 4-3 win to RB just might I add.
That group keeps giving due to on one hand, United having had the wood on PSG last couple of meetings and somehow giving them that hope turning the corner each time and now, not this time round.
Menu today was warm croissants with a new Fred Pate for flavour and pruschutto.
Next game is like a finale for RB and MU level on 9points incl PSG, PSG top on goal diff,, I'm getting out the Red Bull for consumption whilst RB play United at home BUT Basaksehir could upset PSG as well - rippa last contest to get through.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Musical chairs in England big sam to take over WBA it feels like the same managers get the lower epl jobs 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well its a low/er risk appointment, in their position what would you do ? at this stage of the season to get your club out of relegation ?
A young budding up and comer coach ? other good candidates would be tied up and at what budget they have ?
Not easy matey.
IMO their board reacted prematurely, not easy competing once promoted as we all can see, Leeds finally won today after a 50% win rate.
I like Bilic, he has spunk and their previous drawn good game looked as if they were coming around for him, now the board have rocked that momentum.
Will be interesting to see now with big Sam mind you.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Huge Copa Libertadores final coming up on 31 January.
Palmeiras v Santos. 

Like the Boca v River final, this is a huge local grudge match.
I'll be watching and hoping Palmeiras can get the job done.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

With this super league supposedly happening and the Qatar World Cup the fans are really getting tested to support the sport at its highest level 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search