'Covid's been a blessing for these kids...' - Arnie's Tokyo stars shine [Comments]

'Covid's been a blessing for these kids...' - Arnie's Tokyo stars...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
'Covid's been a blessing for these kids...' - Arnie's Tokyo stars shine

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/covids-been-a-blessing-for-these-kids---arnies-tokyo-stars-shine-560047

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Inside Sport Bot - 21 Jan 2021 6:50 PM
'Covid's been a blessing for these kids...' - Arnie's Tokyo stars shine

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/covids-been-a-blessing-for-these-kids---arnies-tokyo-stars-shine-560047

I wish Arnie would stop talking up the prospects of teams he coaches before big events.

Just keep quiet, and let it be a pleasant surprise if they do well.

I have really enjoyed watching a lot of new emerging Aussie talent, with higher technical qualities than the past.

I read a depressing article on here, where  Arnie cited comprehensive  data thats showed that foreign journeymen  were taking precedence over young Aussies in the A L. This phenomenon  stifles development of players aged between 17-23, which is critical for long term development.

Of  course it is fantastic having players like ADP, Juninho, Mat Del Pierre, Zwanzuik, Castro, Broich, playing in the A League, but too many more experienced  journeymen playing in the A L, only marginally better than young locals, is really depressing. 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Decentric 2
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Decentric 2 - 21 Jan 2021 10:33 PM

I wish Arnie would stop talking up the prospects of teams he coaches before big events.

I have really enjoyed watching a lot of new emerging Aussie talent, with higher technical qualities than the past.

I read a depressing article on here, where  Arnie cited comprehensive  data thats showed that foreign journeymen  were taking precedence over young Aussies in the A L. This phenomenon  stifles development of players aged between 17-23, which is critical for long term development.

Of  course it is fantastic having players like ADP, Juninho, Mat Del Pierre, Zwanzuik, Castro, Broich, playing in the A League, but too many more experienced  journeymen playing in the A L, only marginally better than young locals, is really depressing. 

I love when he talks it up. The higher the fall the sweeter landing flat on his arse.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

lebo_roo - 21 Jan 2021 11:17 PM

I love when he talks it up. The higher the fall the sweeter landing flat on his arse.

It is sad when our national teams fail to meet expectations though.

Arnie has had wonderful things said  about him  from players he has coached. But I can't decipher why Arnie  talks big, because it looks stupid if his teams fail to meet expectations.
Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star
Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)

Most foreigners still bring something different. 
I’d blame the coaches that chose journeyman Aussies that are just making up the numbers rather than working with youngsters. 
E.g. Poppa last year signing Malik, elrich, lia. 
The game last night showed us there were a few local lads that should’ve got a chance earlier. 
I suppose the club is to blame also. 

There’s only 5 foreign spots available. Plenty of room for Aussies. 

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Decentric 2 - 21 Jan 2021 11:22 PM
lebo_roo - 21 Jan 2021 11:17 PM

It is sad when our national teams fail to meet expectations though.

Arnie has had wonderful things said  about him  from players he has coached. But I can't decipher why Arnie  talks big, because it looks stupid if his teams fail to meet expectations.

It’s part of the Mike Conway teachings of using positivity to manifest success. 
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro

I was also really peaked to see the perormance of a few young Glory players last night.

D'Agostino scored two goals that were relatively easy to convert by professional forwards from being in the right place at the right time.

Daniel Stynes was brilliant - great ball skills!

Carlo Armienta scored a goal from a difficult angle.

The latter  duo are only 21 YO.

I'm worried about a few seasoned pro imports, like Castro, and Aus veterans  coming back from fitness, which could bench these promising young Aussies. 
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Its all about balance, a lot of people think its an either or scenario, when it really should be evenly balanced otherwise you just have a youth league. So you need a mix of upcoming talent in a team, who learn different things from the foreigners and are complimented by the above average Aussie players. The Australian journeymen IMO have been the bigger drain.

Players like Marc Warren, Nichols, Cernak, who you could argue are just as talented as youth coming through (although youth has a higher ceiling) has been the biggest issue

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro

jaymz - 22 Jan 2021 10:01 AM

Its all about balance, a lot of people think its an either or scenario, when it really should be evenly balanced otherwise you just have a youth league. So you need a mix of upcoming talent in a team, who learn different things from the foreigners and are complimented by the above average Aussie players. The Australian journeymen IMO have been the bigger drain.

Players like Marc Warren, Nichols, Cernak, who you could argue are just as talented as youth coming through (although youth has a higher ceiling) has been the biggest issue

I thought Nichols was outstanding for a few seasons. At one stage he was in Socceroo squads and might have even played.

I can't even think who Cernak  and Marc Warren are,  than their names ring bell, so they probably are Aus journeyman.

There are a lot of imports, playing late in their careers, who look good and have been beneficiaries  of the hard graft, sometimes unnoticed to fans, of their Aussie teammates.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search