PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League rights

PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League...

Author
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
soccerfoo - 17 Aug 2021 7:26 PM
So, will Paramount plus and/or Ch10 be showing Socceroos vs Vietnam on 7 September then?

yes. it'll be on ch 10. which surely means announcements re commentators will be announced soon.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Channel 10 to show 2 NBL games, will make for some interesting comparisons with the ratings
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Can't get anything but some sort of auto-response from Paramount when I seek confirmation of coverage of games between now and October.

Needs one of you twitter-philes to get Vince Rugari or the FA, or both, to fire up on social media and make Ch10/Paramount put in the 10 minutes of effort they need to provide some insight into their level of "who gives a fuck" in respect of football going forward.

Given that the Men's Team plays China on the 2nd September, you'd think their canned response of coverage "starting in October" might need some qualification.
They are looking like stumbling at the very first hurdle.

Edited
3 Years Ago by SWandP
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Teething problems early on are to be expected.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Signed up as 10 are blocking vpns. Paramount streams like a charm so far. However, I'm on paramountplus.com. Are there any indicators of Australian football on the site yet? Can't find anything. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

I remember when dazn first started. Blank site then one morning I logged in and it was like Christmas morning as a kid. Loaded with stuff. Here's hoping. At least the stream is flawless and it gives me hope. Bloody 10 have rigged their system to block vpn. 
Bruce Ramsay
Bruce Ramsay
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)

johnszasz - 23 Aug 2021 7:10 AM
Signed up as 10 are blocking vpns. Paramount streams like a charm so far. However, I'm on paramountplus.com. Are there any indicators of Australian football on the site yet? Can't find anything. 

Paramount Plus Australia are also blocking VPNs. Even from within Australia. Same also Stan Sport and Optus Sport.
As far as I can make out, Australian football will not be on the Paramountplus com site.
If the A-League is not streamed outside Australia on YouTube for the coming season, the cheapest streaming options with a VPN are probably BeIN Sports Connect in either Philippines or Malaysia. Both a bit under AUD 6 per month. Assuming BeIN are still the broadcaster in those countries next season.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

OK interesting. The paramount site currently works with my vpn but not my normal German internet connection. It just seems so generic still. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

In the weird and wonderful 10 play works today with a VPN. Maybe they were just doing some overnight maintenance when I checked. I cleared my cache and checked 12 hours later. Works a treat. Bloody confusing.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Why don't Paramount get some sort of sport show on there, it will rate. Jurman mowing the lawn, Troisi playing darts in the garage, Popovic sitting on his lounge having a rant or Corica thinking about coaching Arsenal whilst sitting in the backyard. People are by nature silly enough to partake.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

soccerfoo - 23 Aug 2021 6:12 PM
Why don't Paramount get some sort of sport show on there, it will rate. Jurman mowing the lawn, Troisi playing darts in the garage, Popovic sitting on his lounge having a rant or Corica thinking about coaching Arsenal whilst sitting in the backyard. People are by nature silly enough to partake.

I think Troisi might be doing other things in his garage/bunker :D 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I want a preseason Futsal tournament 
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

overroared - 13 Aug 2021 3:04 PM
Just cancelled the sports component of my Foxtel. The receiver of my call also tried to change my mind. When I said that the Aleague football was all the sport that I watched on that part of my package, she also mentioned that many others had done the same recently.

Happily this change is also cash positive for me - lovely!

They tried to change our minds too when we cancelled Fox in its entirety, because they don't have A L football and Socceroos games anymore, plus Matildas and W League either.

Like you we are going to save a lot of money.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Sky Germany is frustrating as hell. You must buy the basic entertainment package. Then you can add Bundesliga and Sport for a price. Bundesliga speaks for itself and Spot is all other football and sport. They've lost a lot over the years. The Paramount lineup looks pretty good. A one home for all football simply won't be a thing but at least it's one for Australian football.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Seem to have sussed out 10 Play with VPN. Clear cache. Go to 10 Play, Live TV works. Just don't clock the: Not in NSW/QLD/SA? etc button next to the player. For me it resets to NDS, Niedersachsen and then spouts the geo block. To get it back to you to clear cache and reconnect to the VPN. Channel 4 UK was a laugh where all you needed to do was change your laptop clock to UK time and it was removed all the 'blocks.'

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Socceroos WCQ next week and yet still no commentary team announced. 

libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)Rising Star (946 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 24 Aug 2021 9:08 AM
Socceroos WCQ next week and yet still no commentary team announced. 

Apparently some people were impressed with Speedy’s calls of the Socceroos games at the Olympics.
He will probably get the gig.  🥴 🤔 🤫 😮
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

libelous - 24 Aug 2021 11:52 AM
Feed_The_Brox - 24 Aug 2021 9:08 AM

Apparently some people were impressed with Speedy’s calls of the Socceroos games at the Olympics.
He will probably get the gig.  🥴 🤔 🤫 😮

I thought Speedy was awful. All he did was talk about players' club careers, rarely providing any analysis of the game at hand.

His  female  co- commentator was far better for the Matilda games.

Andy Harper wasn't great either for Olyroo games.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Hill, Brosque, Milligan, Harper, Yeoman-Dale and Djité confirmed for the Socceroos games on 10. Good lineup, think it lacks personality a little. Brosque is a boring character. Djite is a great pickup. 
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

sportaddict - 27 Aug 2021 1:50 PM
Hill, Brosque, Milligan, Harper, Yeoman-Dale and Djité confirmed for the Socceroos games on 10. Good lineup, think it lacks personality a little. Brosque is a boring character. Djite is a great pickup. 

Great mix imo, right amount of new and old talent tbh. You dont really want personality on match days tbh, it takes the focus off the game. You want them for magazine shows, etc. 

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Hill confirmed for A League too via his twitter

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Does anyone have any sport content on their Paramount Plus website version yet? I've got a VPN but it still seems very generic. 10 Play has upped their game and have content now.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

New show, Road to Qatar
Football - Network Ten (10play.com.au)

Football - Network Ten (10play.com.au)

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

The part 1 was OK.... I think they are just starting to feel their way....

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro

Midfielder - 29 Aug 2021 11:56 PM
The part 1 was OK.... I think they are just starting to feel their way....

I think they are trying to educate the wider audience on the nuances of Asia, who our rivals are, who the key players are, etc too 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

jaymz - 30 Aug 2021 9:21 AM
Midfielder - 29 Aug 2021 11:56 PM

I think they are trying to educate the wider audience on the nuances of Asia, who our rivals are, who the key players are, etc too 

Wasn't terrible... little dull at times but a solid 1st effort.... 5/10.
SBS used to have , I think "Football Asia" or something like that, a magazine style show which would be perfect for the lead up to WC here.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I don’t understand why they are putting it on tenplay when I just paid for paramount?
Veritas
Veritas
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 30 Aug 2021 12:47 PM
I don’t understand why they are putting it on tenplay when I just paid for paramount?

I believe the way its supposed to work is anything that is shown on channel ten free to air is available as catchup on 10 Play as well as the app streaming all of the free to air channels on braodband.

Paramount plus will have the a-league, w-league, soccceroos, matildas, olyroos, matches that are NOT broadcast on free to air.   
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Veritas - 30 Aug 2021 1:06 PM
Melbcityguy - 30 Aug 2021 12:47 PM

I believe the way its supposed to work is anything that is shown on channel ten free to air is available as catchup on 10 Play as well as the app streaming all of the free to air channels on braodband.

Paramount plus will have the a-league, w-league, soccceroos, matildas, olyroos, matches that are NOT broadcast on free to air.   

If Im not mistaken ALL the Socceroos and Matilda matches friendlies or otherwise will be on FTA?
Veritas
Veritas
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Aug 2021 1:09 PM
Veritas - 30 Aug 2021 1:06 PM

If Im not mistaken ALL the Socceroos and Matilda matches friendlies or otherwise will be on FTA?

I would guess it comes down to a cost decision - If they can make money putting it on free to air (advertising) then they are on free to air.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search