Globalization is dead

Globalization is dead

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Enzo Bearzot - 21 Apr 2022 9:51 PM
Munrubenmuz - 21 Apr 2022 12:51 PM

Well, the politics can become relevant if we want them to be.   The government can make whatever laws it wants to limit sales of farms to specific buyers, for example if its in the national interest.  Because that's the sort of thing China would do if foreigners tried to buy Chinese farms.  Its never was level playing field and it always was lunacy to engage in trade when that is the case.

Sure. But that's another argument. 

Besides I'm pretty sure when they draw up trade deals there's all sorts of quid pro quos regards innumerable things. (IE. You buy our iron ore and we'll make the most cursory checks with the FIRB about land acquisitions and not talk about Tibet or Taiwan.)

'twas ever thus....

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Burztur - 21 Apr 2022 8:52 PM
LFC. - 20 Apr 2022 12:47 PM

Yeah nah... I work in finance. You can hire a CPA from India with equivalent experience for 1/5th the cost in salary.

that you can, I can purchase alot ex India as well, why, because the labour costs are way lower than here and just as China the FOB price is competitive.
We never competed doing export business much from here from our car industry (that where I'm coming from), little dribbles by Holden to the ME due them loving V8's and they have the $$$$'s to pay more......
We should have been able to supply into Asia Pac and ME far better but was never in the ball park price wise.

Love Football

moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

You may want to look into the LIMA agreement.
China is imploding from their aggressive stance, their property boom has busted and the CCP are suckling off the exemplaries to keep them afloat. Jack Mar and how many celebrities have had to give up their money to the party?
Globalism isn't dead, just look at the economic forum. They have boasted that they have insurgents in government, they have said their piece on their goals with which the UN has been complicite.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 21 Apr 2022 12:51 PM

Well, the politics can become relevant if we want them to be.   The government can make whatever laws it wants to limit sales of farms to specific buyers, for example if its in the national interest.  Because that's the sort of thing China would do if foreigners tried to buy Chinese farms.  Its never was level playing field and it always was lunacy to engage in trade when that is the case.

It's almost like you see government intervention in the free market as a good thing comrade?!

Member since 2008.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Apr 2022 4:18 PM

It's almost like you see government intervention in the free market as a good thing comrade?!

Free market?  What fairy tale world do you live in?  There is no free market.  The duty of government is act in the best interests of its citizens.  If that means opting out of international trade which is contrary to that principle, than that's what should happen.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 29 Apr 2022 10:36 PM
Munrubenmuz - 29 Apr 2022 4:18 PM

Free market?  What fairy tale world do you live in?  There is no free market.  The duty of government is act in the best interests of its citizens.  If that means opting out of international trade which is contrary to that principle, than that's what should happen.

So you're for government intervention in the free market.

I agree. There should be far more of it. Glad we're on the same page.

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 30 Apr 2022 11:27 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 29 Apr 2022 10:36 PM

So you're for government intervention in the free market.

I agree. There should be far more of it. Glad we're on the same page.

Same with standing up for "free speech".  

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search