Last match of the season Brisbane vs Sydney

Last match of the season Brisbane vs Sydney

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Your Tuesday night match 
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

And no-one will be there because it will be pissing rain.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Seeing as the result is largely irrelevant, I expect to pretty much see the youth team for the Roar tonight. They have the Australia Cup qualifier game on Friday against WSW, so I reckon they will rest a few players and shift their focus to a game that actually has some stakes.
SFC will want the win. Corica's contract expires at the end of the season, and although he's not in a great position to be negotiating a new contract, 7th is still slightly better than 8th.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

We are going to feel the absence of Neville.

I expect Dehmie, Zabala and probably Olsen to start because of the Australia Cup game on Friday.

Hope the game isn't washed out.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 10 May 2022 11:39 AM

I expect Dehmie, Zabala and probably Olsen to start because of the Australia Cup game on Friday.

The absence of spectators will be more keenly felt for this one. It's like a preseason game but with less interest. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Two corpses in a boxing ring

ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Chapman is pretty fired up
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Heck of a game from Holmes. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

It was a good game to be at - despite the naysayers, pessimists and weather forecasters.

Wind was strong but other than a bit of light misting spray from time to time they were good conditions.

Holmes showed he has class that seems to have been absent in a lot of games. Special game from him.

One of Akbari's best games too this season. Both attacking and defending he was great. O'Shea was a lot more involved our attacks too. Makes a difference when he gets free.

Even Lescano showed some drive with the ball and some good foot skills and strength. Where has that been? Funny how end of contract (I assume) and end of season can produce effort.

Mileusnic and Ivanovic together made space and opportunity as promised. So nice to see speed being used well.

Our back four did a pretty good job and all had some critical involvement to keep SFC at bay. Parsons and Adams showed good bits - with Parsons being a lot more visible again, and Adams still that bit reluctant to use his young frame fully in challenges.

It is not that SFC had no chances and were outplayed all game - they either squandered most chances or were stopped by the Jordanator. We had trouble getting a touch on the ball for lengthy periods and simply booted it back when we did at those times. But despite that, we also had the ascendancy for lengthy periods and it was not simply passing the ball round the back from side to side.

Crowd was not as bad as it had been and not as bad as expected by the weather forecast and midweek game. With the improvement in our performance, and the result, we all got a chance to be involved in the game all night. Felt good.

SFC fans in the corner put in a fine effort. Good to hear.

Got to say it was funny watching Burgess complaining about not getting a shirt pull called up when he was running towards the box. Sydney's tendency to run through a players back to get the ball got quite frustrating in the first half and it was nice to see a little balancing moment.

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Thanks for your insights over the season. I was surprised that we didn't seem to miss Neville as much as expected. For a "nothing" game and the conditions, it was quite a good spectacle.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Footballking55 - 11 May 2022 12:42 PM

Thanks for your insights over the season. I was surprised that we didn't seem to miss Neville as much as expected. For a "nothing" game and the conditions, it was quite a good spectacle.

Thanks mate - it is funny that you appreciate my insights from a post where I thought Dehmie, Zabala and Olsen would start :).

One out of three isn't total failure...

We did really well for Neville being out. Some of the brittleness in our defence was him not being there but the number of times we saw Olsen and Trewin making a tackle or block as a last defence was impressive from both. Commitment, enthusiasm, good timing and no tomorrow can make up for the composure and experience that Longbottom brings.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search