Brimmer hands Victory edge in A-League semi-finals over United [Comments]

Brimmer hands Victory edge in A-League semi-finals over United...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)

Inside Sport Bot - 18 May 2022 4:45 AM

Brimmer is one of the most improved players in the comp.Making mature decisions about passing and when to have a go himself.

He may be worth a look at by whoever is coaching the Socceroos for the next WC cycle
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Just watching the highlights, and I can't see how Davidson going through the back of Wales in the penalty box wasn't a penalty.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

tomw - 18 May 2022 8:41 AM
Just watching the highlights, and I can't see how Davidson going through the back of Wales in the penalty box wasn't a penalty.

The explanation I heard was that it was not given because Wales appears to step back into Davidson. IMO I reckon Davidson would have hit him in the back regardless of whether Wales stepped back or not, but that was the explanation I heard. The other thing to remember is that it's always up to the on field ref to decide whether he looks at the video replay or not. It could be the case the Faghani just stuck with his decision and decided not to review the footage, which he is allowed to do. The on field refer can completely ignore VAR if they want to.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

You don’t wanna see penalties given for something like that do you? Looked very soft 
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 18 May 2022 12:50 PM
You don’t wanna see penalties given for something like that do you? Looked very soft 

Saw he had no chance of stopping Wales getting the ball, so just went straight through him, with no attempt at the ball. Would 100% be a free kick anywhere else on the field, and I'd happily see a penalty for it. It was exactly as if he'd given him a big shove in the back, only he didn't use his hands to do it.

MVFCguy
MVFCguy
Fan
Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)

Defs one of the most improved. Reckon his a chance to move overseas, or having a young family he'll stay here and be a victory legend
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

tomw - 18 May 2022 1:02 PM
Melbcityguy - 18 May 2022 12:50 PM

Saw he had no chance of stopping Wales getting the ball, so just went straight through him, with no attempt at the ball. Would 100% be a free kick anywhere else on the field, and I'd happily see a penalty for it. It was exactly as if he'd given him a big shove in the back, only he didn't use his hands to do it.

Straight through him? Jesus it's 50/50 at best 

THey're both standing upright at the time 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search