The Positive thread

The Positive thread

Author
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sub007 - 7 Jan 2019 8:46 PM
The Chinese Super League will have a salary cap from next season onward. I mentioned it to show that more leagues have salary caps, not because I want the HAL to have an $80 mil cap.

Is the Chinese salary cap about equalisation or about ensuring clubs stay solvent?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I’m bringing back this thread let’s talk about things in Australia football that is working for you.

who wants to start?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 18 May 2022 12:49 PM
I’m bringing back this thread let’s talk about things in Australia football that is working for you.

who wants to start?

My club, after 4-5 years of appalling results is slowly but surely pulling itself out of the doldrums. To add to that there is a new found enthusiasm (with the hope of NSD) that the club's former greatness can be revived.... New markets/fans are being engaged with and we seem to be spoken of and mentioned both nationally and internationally (particularly Scotland of course) with a whole new level of respect..... is that the sort of thing you are looking for mate ? :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The huge bonus would be the Roos qualifying doing the impossible - a boost football needs here like mad under the circumstances but alas no one is confident.
NSWPL going to 16 Club comps next season....hooray so where you finish this season is very important that your either gonna go up a level or stay where you are and welcome quite a few new Clubs.
Touch wood NSD starts up, that will be epic.
Current season way to go yet so nice to be busy amongst the local grounds barring recent rain washouts in Sydney.
Got my own games as well as getting to PL games be it top div down to 3's.
Great watching young skilled players putting their bodies on the line and competitive football.
Good making use more and more of games on NPL tv - spread over any division more and more.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 18 May 2022 12:56 PM
Melbcityguy - 18 May 2022 12:49 PM

My club, after 4-5 years of appalling results is slowly but surely pulling itself out of the doldrums. To add to that there is a new found enthusiasm (with the hope of NSD) that the club's former greatness can be revived.... New markets/fans are being engaged with and we seem to be spoken of and mentioned both nationally and internationally (particularly Scotland of course) with a whole new level of respect..... is that the sort of thing you are looking for mate ? :)

Yes I love your passion for your club even though people wouldn’t agree with everything you say you’re right in saying people should check out their local club 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 18 May 2022 1:30 PM
The huge bonus would be the Roos qualifying doing the impossible - a boost football needs here like mad under the circumstances but alas no one is confident.
NSWPL going to 16 Club comps next season....hooray so where you finish this season is very important that your either gonna go up a level or stay where you are and welcome quite a few new Clubs.
Touch wood NSD starts up, that will be epic.
Current season way to go yet so nice to be busy amongst the local grounds barring recent rain washouts in Sydney.
Got my own games as well as getting to PL games be it top div down to 3's.
Great watching young skilled players putting their bodies on the line and competitive football.
Good making use more and more of games on NPL tv - spread over any division more and more.

Love it. Who are you supporting in the a league finals?
Stenson
Stenson
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

Nope, can't contribute here!
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)

Stenson - 18 May 2022 2:10 PM
Nope, can't contribute here!

That's very positive -we don't have to hear from you on this thread.
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)Amateur (667 reputation)

Despite interruptions the A league season was able to be completed

Ange's success with Celtic

McGree doing well in the UK

Socceroos still have some hope to qualify  -so don't write them off yet

The emergence of all these African Australian kids over the last few years particularly at CCM and AU

Players like Daggers,Brimmer,Rowles ,Miller and Thurgate coming of age as A League players

Transfer fees at NPL level

This forum staying alive despite some long term posters going

CCM making finals two years running

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Despite a rough road so far, IF Roos DO make Qatar it will be incredible- will remind me of 2005.

The emergence of G Kuol is exciting and when he gets consistent games under his belt next season he could develop into world class foward.
Same for Volpato.

great to see Daggers reach new high level. Folami showing signs of brilliance. Good to see Cummings scoring some very skillful goals and another striker option for Roos

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 18 May 2022 1:57 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 18 May 2022 12:56 PM

Yes I love your passion for your club even though people wouldn’t agree with everything you say you’re right in saying people should check out their local club 

Mate, people should check out ANY club, whether its down the road, across the state or country or overseas. The heart wants what the heart wants... Its ALL football.

One thing I am POSITIVE about is that any kind of crazy, tribal, single minded passion for a football club is a good thing and can only lead to Australia being as mad about the sport as what we all envy from overseas. Enough of this old vs new football, eurosnobs vs plastics etc etc. The dear old duck in the canteen for the last 40 years at Upper Goondiwindee Rovers SC is just as valuable to Australian Soccer as Yoshi and the 18 year old, FIFA playing, FM nerd with the Harry Kane poster in his room :)
Booney
Booney
Amateur

Monoethnic Social Club - 18 May 2022 4:40 PM

Mate, people should check out ANY club, whether its down the road, across the state or country or overseas. The heart wants what the heart wants... Its ALL football.

One thing I am POSITIVE about is that any kind of crazy, tribal, single minded passion for a football club is a good thing and can only lead to Australia being as mad about the sport as what we all envy from overseas. Enough of this old vs new football, eurosnobs vs plastics etc etc. The dear old duck in the canteen for the last 40 years at Upper Goondiwindee Rovers SC is just as valuable to Australian Soccer as Yoshi and the 18 year old, FIFA playing, FM nerd with the Harry Kane poster in his room :)

Congratulations that is a very positive post.Most of us here love football and should cherish the game ,its history and global significance.It is the game of the people and can be played anywhere-playgrounds,rubbish tips,against a brick wall,on a beach,etc
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Removing the cap on transfer fees would be the biggest positive. A decision with long-term thinking involved.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I'm positive that the APL don't really know what they're doing.   :D 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 18 May 2022 1:30 PM
Love it. Who are you supporting in the a league finals?

AU watching from the far sideline.........

Yes the mention of Volpato and McGree player wise is good to see and I hope they make it.
Ange winning is great re he's Aussie on peoples lips around EU.....

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I'm positive we'll never see pro / rel in the A League in my lifetime.

I'm positive a NSD will be established in the far distant future. (10+ years.)

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1527061354955149313?cxt=HHwWgsCgxcWNm7EqAAAA

Well don Ajden, A current Socceroo is aEuropean Chamion for the first time since Harry in 2005 ... thats a HUGE positive. (and he scored his penalty)

Edited
2 Years Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Booney - 18 May 2022 6:20 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 18 May 2022 4:40 PM

Congratulations that is a very positive post.Most of us here love football and should cherish the game ,its history and global significance.It is the game of the people and can be played anywhere-playgrounds,rubbish tips,against a brick wall,on a beach,etc

Cheers mate... I know Im a Hellas tragic but can't help it :)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search