A league Semi Final 2022 thread

A league Semi Final 2022 thread

Author
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City have game managed this ET period very well.   
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The 1/3 owners of the league have their own team in the Grand Final.  

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 22 May 2022 4:36 PM
City have game managed this ET period very well.   

Not injury time,  there was only about 3 minutes of play in that half. 

Well next week is the Imposter Grand Final.

Johns
Johns
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

Great game of football
Grand Final should be great 👍 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Well done City. Always feels right when the premiers are in the GF. That being said, based on the performances this weekend, WU would be my pick to win next week. They are just too strong at the back, and Young is a far superior keeper to Glover. Happy to be proven wrong though. 
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WU  v  MC   grand  final

Sounds  epic ...
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Remote Control - 22 May 2022 4:44 PM
WU  v  MC   grand  final

Sounds  epic ...

And you'll watch it you sad little man.

Many of us won't.
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

tsf - 22 May 2022 4:53 PM

Many of us won't.

You   probably   got    that   right.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

FunkMasterFlex - 21 May 2022 7:22 PM
Suck shit Victory hehahahahha 

That aged well ;)

Funny that the two in form teams leading into finals were not able to win. I would have counted on Victory winning and at least City and Adelaide was a close game despite the result being against the in form team.

WU and City should be a good game whether they get a crowd or not. The players will be playing out of their skins because, whether you like it or not, it is a bloody grand final.

For Victory and WU, Aloisi over-structures his team play, and it takes individual brilliance to rise above it when the play gets stilted and stifled. Given the quality players at his disposal the playbook works because individuals make the difference - where we could not do that at the Roar. Seems to me that Aloisi is a good coach of a quality team, but not a good coach of a mediocre team - made for rich clubs and ineffective when his tools are not as sharp.

The scoreline of 1-4 did not reflect the closeness of the game but Victory lost their way in the final third. I thought Rojas was totally lacking in confidence and effort - he rarely used his explosive pace and close ball skill, and just played a generic (lazy) linking role instead. When Victory were in front of goal it rarely felt like they had a clue how to get through. When WU were in front of goal they felt dangerous.

Been on the road for both games, saw most of the game yesterday but could not see anything except the final 5 minutes today. Commiserations to Davide and the other Reds fans - pretty shattering to go to extra time and fall. Same for Victory fans - a much better feeling at the end of this season for you but equally shattering in the end. Congrats to City folk and whoever on here is a WU fan.

The thing about this final and crowds is it actually represents more of what we might see with pro/rel when a 'nobody' supported team might get to the final.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 22 May 2022 6:02 PM

That aged well ;)

Funny that the two in form teams leading into finals were not able to win. I would have counted on Victory winning and at least City and Adelaide was a close game despite the result being against the in form team.

WU and City should be a good game whether they get a crowd or not. The players will be playing out of their skins because, whether you like it or not, it is a bloody grand final.

For Victory and WU, Aloisi over-structures his team play, and it takes individual brilliance to rise above it when the play gets stilted and stifled. Given the quality players at his disposal the playbook works because individuals make the difference - where we could not do that at the Roar. Seems to me that Aloisi is a good coach of a quality team, but not a good coach of a mediocre team - made for rich clubs and ineffective when his tools are not as sharp.

The scoreline of 1-4 did not reflect the closeness of the game but Victory lost their way in the final third. I thought Rojas was totally lacking in confidence and effort - he rarely used his explosive pace and close ball skill, and just played a generic (lazy) linking role instead. When Victory were in front of goal it rarely felt like they had a clue how to get through. When WU were in front of goal they felt dangerous.

Been on the road for both games, saw most of the game yesterday but could not see anything except the final 5 minutes today. Commiserations to Davide and the other Reds fans - pretty shattering to go to extra time and fall. Same for Victory fans - a much better feeling at the end of this season for you but equally shattering in the end. Congrats to City folk and whoever on here is a WU fan.

The thing about this final and crowds is it actually represents more of what we might see with pro/rel when a 'nobody' supported team might get to the final.

Cheer buddy (WU fan) and great analysis 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Remote Control - 22 May 2022 4:57 PM
tsf - 22 May 2022 4:53 PM

You   probably   got    that   right.

I’m watching it so you can both kiss it 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 22 May 2022 6:24 PM
Remote Control - 22 May 2022 4:57 PM

I’m watching it so you can both kiss it 

I’ll be watching. It’s the last game of the AL season FFS. Those who don’t think it’s worth watching can maybe watch Afl game instead
Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star
Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)

Remote Control - 22 May 2022 12:49 PM
Who   was   chairman  of   ffa    when   WU   were   given  their  licence ?

Wasn't   it   the  current   FA  chairman ?

Incorrect. 
Blame the clubs and the new(current) FFA board that was endorsed by the club. 

WU and MacBulls were given the green light by these guys. 

Bag the previous board and gallop as much as you want. But they have no finger prints on admitting these guys to the league. 
Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star
Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)

WU  v  MC   grand  final

Sounds  epic ...

Not the "Melbourne derby" the hierarchy wanted. 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Butler99 - 22 May 2022 8:10 PM

Incorrect. 
Blame the clubs and the new(current) FFA board that was endorsed by the club. 

WU and MacBulls were given the green light by these guys. 

Bag the previous board and gallop as much as you want. But they have no finger prints on admitting these guys to the league. 

Nope

Old board did all the leg work, and recommended both.

Didn't rubber stamp as improper to force new boatd

New Board accepted all old boards work at first meeting

Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star

numklpkgulftumch - 22 May 2022 8:19 PM
Butler99 - 22 May 2022 8:10 PM

Nope

Old board did all the leg work, and recommended both.

Didn't rubber stamp as improper to force new boatd

New Board accepted all old boards work at first meeting

No chance. 
The transition was occurring. 

New board and the club's "association" had final approval on both new clubs. 

That's the way it occurred behind the scenes. 
Why would the old board make this decision when they are on the way out.
Totally illogical.

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)Amateur (671 reputation)

Should be a top game -difficult to pick the winner though lean towards City.For a second season Victory have accept they are the 3rd best Melbourne team.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

What annoys me is when people think they are so superior for not watching the a league like they are a different class of species.

we’re not the ones who make these decisions so give it a rest 
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

A MC vs MV GF would have certainly been preferred in terms of the attendance and interest it would have generated, but WU beat MV and deserve their chance. 

Whether they have many fans or not does not take away their achievements on the park. 

I still think WU can come good off the park too if they can follow through on their promises and find a stable home, but success on the park will certainly be a great achievement for them to grow from. 

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

imagine if Adelaide had hung on to that 1-0 lead, and it had been a WU v AU grand final....

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

That aged well ;)

Agree with everything you said.  As a victory supporter I'm happy with the season and where we came from.
I really feel bad adelaide they had a good shot. 
I think the officiating has been poor during the finals. Having said that going off the games this past week I don't think city has a chance. 

I hope APL do something out of the box to try and get AAMI Park full. Not likely though. It's going to look terrible on TV if it's a terrible crowd. 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Butler99 - 22 May 2022 8:34 PM
numklpkgulftumch - 22 May 2022 8:19 PM

No chance. 
The transition was occurring. 

New board and the club's "association" had final approval on both new clubs. 

That's the way it occurred behind the scenes. 
Why would the old board make this decision when they are on the way out.
Totally illogical.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/orourke-on-a-league-expansion-we-know-who-we-want-514019/page0

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 22 May 2022 3:00 PM
Scheduling a semi final at 2:05pm on a Sunday afternoon to ensure the absolute minimum amount of viewers.

So tell me how Paramount is better than Foxtel again?  

That was dumb as fuck. Turned the TV on to check the EPG and the game was winding up? What the hell?

I mean if I cared more I would have checked prior to Sunday at 4 o'clock but 2pm on a Sunday arvo? Could they be any more stupid?

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 22 May 2022 12:50 PM

Your Etch-A-Sketch seems to be double spacing, give it a shake. 

Just wanted to acknowledge this brilliant bit of comedy.

Doubt the youngsters would appreciate the reference but I enjoyed it.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Balin Trev - 22 May 2022 7:20 PM
Melbcityguy - 22 May 2022 6:24 PM

I’ll be watching. It’s the last game of the AL season FFS. Those who don’t think it’s worth watching can maybe watch Afl game instead

Or they can tune in (or even better attend live) one of the many NPL.TV games on that day Australia wide..... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

That aged well ;)

Always good reviews RIMB but in ref to P/R not that its happenning anytime soon and nobodys your meaning WU right ?

Love Football

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2022 11:10 AM
Balin Trev - 22 May 2022 7:20 PM

Or they can tune in (or even better attend live) one of the many NPL.TV games on that day Australia wide..... 

Fair call 😉
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Just had a look at the Grand Final ticket pricing and I reckon they have got it about right this time.
Cheapest Adult ticket is $40 ($100 for 2 adults + 2 kids). This is for seats behind the goals in the corners.
Most expensive seats are $98.
With seat options in between those ranges at $60, $70, $80, $90.

I don't think it will sell out as those Cat A and Cat B seats are a tough sell, but I reckon they will get a good 70-80% capacity.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

someguyjc - 23 May 2022 2:06 PM
Just had a look at the Grand Final ticket pricing and I reckon they have got it about right this time.
Cheapest Adult ticket is $40 ($100 for 2 adults + 2 kids). This is for seats behind the goals in the corners.
Most expensive seats are $98.
With seat options in between those ranges at $60, $70, $80, $90.

I don't think it will sell out as those Cat A and Cat B seats are a tough sell, but I reckon they will get a good 70-80% capacity.

Ive only been to AAMI once but those high up corner seats behind the goals are pretty average no? Still I agree pricing for a GF is pretty reasonable. $100 for 2 adults is pretty good, but dont they do under 16s for free?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2022 2:50 PM
someguyjc - 23 May 2022 2:06 PM

Ive only been to AAMI once but those high up corner seats behind the goals are pretty average no? Still I agree pricing for a GF is pretty reasonable. $100 for 2 adults is pretty good, but dont they do under 16s for free?

Corners are not too bad. Visibility is good. Obviously, like any stadium, the further back you are the worst it is. I think the seats right next to the screens are a bit shit, but for the most part they are not bad. AAMI park is pretty good in that sense, even the bad seats aren't that bad. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search