'love for the game' Goodes joins Indigenous soccer advisory board

'love for the game' Goodes joins Indigenous soccer advisory board

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This is great news. More at link

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/the-love-for-the-game-has-never-left-me-goodes-joins-indigenous-soccer-advisory-board-20220810-p5b8sj.html

Adam Goodes has joined a new Indigenous soccer advisory board, formalising his links to a code he says was his first love and continuing his disassociation with the one that helped make him famous.The Sydney Swans legend has been appointed to the council of Indigenous Football Australia (IFA), which will channel his expertise as an athlete and businessman towards the development of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who aspire to play for the Socceroos or Matildas."

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 11 Aug 2022 9:25 AM
This is great news. More at link

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/the-love-for-the-game-has-never-left-me-goodes-joins-indigenous-soccer-advisory-board-20220810-p5b8sj.html

Adam Goodes has joined a new Indigenous soccer advisory board, formalising his links to a code he says was his first love and continuing his disassociation with the one that helped make him famous.The Sydney Swans legend has been appointed to the council of Indigenous Football Australia (IFA), which will channel his expertise as an athlete and businessman towards the development of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who aspire to play for the Socceroos or Matildas."

Unreal news...... love him or loathe him (can be polarising figure) any serious move towards engaging with a community of gifted athletes who the AFL and NRL claim as their own, can only be good for football.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Aug 2022 10:00 AM

Unreal news...... love him or loathe him (can be polarising figure) any serious move towards engaging with a community of gifted athletes who the AFL and NRL claim as their own, can only be good for football.

I personally love him. Great guy, incredible athlete, the indigenous community look up to him and importantly not only does he love the game, but he also plays 

Oh and anything to stick it to AFL lol
Edited
2 Years Ago by tsf
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

He's someone who's never been embarrassed about showing his love for ⚽, as opposed to that fcking snake Eddie McGuire..

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

BA81 - 11 Aug 2022 11:09 AM
He's someone who's never been embarrassed about showing his love for ⚽, as opposed to that fcking snake Eddie McGuire..

and the rest of his following cronies !!!!

Yes very good news - hope it draws in many I'm sure will be good for the game as long as we don't stuff things up.
Only negative I see Townsend is on the council as well.

Fozz is playing with Goodes for Waverly O35's good stuff.

Thanks for posting tsf.

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

tsf - 11 Aug 2022 10:14 AM

I personally love him. Great guy, incredible athlete, the indigenous community look up to him and importantly not only does he love the game, but he also plays 

Oh and anything to stick it to AFL lol

I totally agree, I love him too & even more so now. As I know he is a passionate football fan.

The AFL did everything possible to get an AFL player as Australian of the year, but failed because half the country didn't even like the game. They than used the Indigenous work of Goodes to get him over the line, but it totally backfired on them, the AFL, as the racist AFL fans and personalities like Eddie Maquire & his sidekick Sam Newman, couldn't deal with his Australia day speech.
Loved it!!!!!

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

He is only polarising for those who think the Europeans discovered Australia, remember I'm Portuguese, who were here 200 years before Captain Cook.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

robbos - 11 Aug 2022 11:44 AM

He is only polarising for those who think the Europeans discovered Australia, remember I'm Portuguese, who were here 200 years before Captain Cook.

haha you Porto's are all the same, my wife says the same, we discovered everything lol.........

See this whole afl stranglehold makes you wonder why hasn't it been shouted down long ago being we have been going down this "inclusive" and political correctness path for sometime.
Why hasn't the Newmans/Eddie and rest of them been run out of town long ago ?
People call out all these others in todays world, for eg Marg Court etcetc why not these alf flogs and the game itself having been so racist for so long and corrupt plus the ol skool supporter base made more accountable - like how one incident in our game is blasted in lights left right and centre.

Love Football

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

The time will come when they and their ilk will implode.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

bettega - 11 Aug 2022 12:23 PM
The time will come when they and their ilk will implode.

I so hope so before I'm gone, I so want to see its fall and exposure of its back stabbing and backroom politics amongst the media/local gov etcetc.....
The smugness it prevails is sickenning.
I HATE that game so much what it has done to ours.
Wish our fellow football supporters down there and west would wake up and walk out on it but can they deal with their mates backlash ?

I didn't care for Goodes by the way for obvious reasons but now he's got my attention obviously.

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro

LFC. - 11 Aug 2022 12:04 PM
robbos - 11 Aug 2022 11:44 AM

haha you Porto's are all the same, my wife says the same, we discovered everything lol.........

See this whole afl stranglehold makes you wonder why hasn't it been shouted down long ago being we have been going down this "inclusive" and political correctness path for sometime.
Why hasn't the Newmans/Eddie and rest of them been run out of town long ago ?
People call out all these others in todays world, for eg Marg Court etcetc why not these alf flogs and the game itself having been so racist for so long and corrupt plus the ol skool supporter base made more accountable - like how one incident in our game is blasted in lights left right and centre.

Haha, they were great navigators, but than they were also great at raping & pillaging the countries they 'discovered', not sure how you discover it, when someone already there.

robbos
robbos
Pro

LFC. - 11 Aug 2022 2:00 PM
bettega - 11 Aug 2022 12:23 PM

I so hope so before I'm gone, I so want to see its fall and exposure of its back stabbing and backroom politics amongst the media/local gov etcetc.....
The smugness it prevails is sickenning.
I HATE that game so much what it has done to ours.
Wish our fellow football supporters down there and west would wake up and walk out on it but can they deal with their mates backlash ?

I didn't care for Goodes by the way for obvious reasons but now he's got my attention obviously.

SPOT ON!!!!!!

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

We need a lot of representation of our first Australians playing the sport, so this a great start. 
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Nothing   quite   like   having   ex-AFLers   in   influential   positions   in   our   game ...
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

First Australians have been remarkably under-represented in football. Hopefully this changes
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Remote Control - 11 Aug 2022 8:45 PM
Nothing   quite   like   having   ex-AFLers   in   influential   positions   in   our   game ...

YeAh    i t    IS mucH       betteR to appoint NRL and cricket    nUmPties  like Chairman Frank did
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Aug 2022 9:44 AM
Remote Control - 11 Aug 2022 8:45 PM

YeAh    i t    IS mucH       betteR to appoint NRL and cricket    nUmPties  like Chairman Frank did

As a general rule, football fans, especially those from the Northern states (as I am) appear to be far more forgiving  of the NRL than they appear to be of pretty much any other governing body in Australia.

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

inside agent to bring us down, guy is super tight with channel 7 and they almost destroyed us entirely... wouldn't go near the bloke.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search