22/23 Membership

22/23 Membership

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Have you signed up as a member for this season? If not why not? 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Because they haven't announced the Marquee yet

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Based   on   the  overwhelming   response ,  one    might   guess    very   few ...
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 16 Aug 2022 9:54 PM
Based   on   the  overwhelming   response ,  one    might   guess    very   few ...

The main discussion point of the thread was "If not, why not?" so the overwhelming silence might indicate that everyone has and did not bother to write in the thread because it wasn't relevant - most people don't bother writing irrelevant stuff in threads...

And back to the topic:

I have not yet because I have asked them to change my seating this season - but as soon as that is done I am in!

I am expecting some returning members to come to the 3 Suncorp games at least. If we can play good enough football it might regenerate a bit of interest. Ever hopeful :)

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 17 Aug 2022 10:20 AM

The main discussion point of the thread was "If not, why not?" so the overwhelming silence might indicate that everyone has and did not bother to write in the thread because it wasn't relevant - most people don't bother writing irrelevant stuff in threads...

Oh  yes  yes ,  of   course ,  that   must   be  it  ...
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I'm trying hard to have an emotional connection with Macarthur FC, who I view as my local A-League side.
Without an emotional connection, I will not pay money to be a member.
But very hard to feel that connection.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I don't think a poll of the 25 forum users, 15 of whom piss on the league for a living, is an indicator of anything.

Memberships won't be much different to previous few years nor do they fluctuate as much as attendance levels do.

I'm a member again. Have been for most of United's existence. For those who want to tear it all down that's about 18 years now.

I will be there for probably 10/13 games having a beer, enjoying the goals and yelling at the refs because that's really what it's all about.

The rest is just noise
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Davide82 - 17 Aug 2022 4:58 PM
Memberships won't be much different to previous few years nor do they fluctuate as much as attendance levels do.

What   have   total   membership   numbers   been  for   the   league   in  the   previous    few   years ?
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Yes, my membership automatically rolls over each season.
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Will likely get a 3 game pass in line with the new SFS opening up. Not too sure after that...
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Remote Control - 17 Aug 2022 5:25 PM
Davide82 - 17 Aug 2022 4:58 PM

What   have   total   membership   numbers   been  for   the   league   in  the   previous    few   years ?

Less than when the league was run by your favourite apartheid loving land stealing settlement building mate and his son were running the show is no doubt what you want to hear you fucking ineffectual spanner
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Can   you   be   more   precise    about   the   membership    numbers    please  ?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 17 Aug 2022 11:29 PM
Can   you   be   more   precise    about   the   membership    numbers    please  ?

I wish I could block you from viewing my threads 
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Why ?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Remote Control - 18 Aug 2022 9:37 AM
Why ?

Brooklyn99 Uh Ya Boring GIF - Brooklyn99 Uh Ya Boring Youre - Discover &  Share GIFs

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

I   wasn' t    the   one    who    brought    up   membership    numbers ...
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Why ?

Personally I find you never offer anything of a personal viewpoint about a topic as opposed to your impersonal viewpoint about the league's management/administration.

It is very hard to engage in discussion with someone who only offers jabs. Same themed comments on every thread don't help enliven the discussion.

Point clearly illustrated in this thread - you did not even have the courtesy to respond to the post itself.

Just my five cents worth if you are really asking.

By comparison, you look at Davide's awfully biaised viewpoint on his poxy team's style of football. Plenty of room for engagement there... ;)

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Roar in me Blood - 18 Aug 2022 10:05 AM

Personally I find you never offer anything of a personal viewpoint about a topic as opposed to your impersonal viewpoint about the league's management/administration.

My  question   was  really   in  response   to  Melbcityguy' s   post.

But   in  any   event ,  where   have  I  made   a   comment    about   the   league' s  management/administration   on   this   thread  ?

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

By comparison, you look at Davide's awfully biaised viewpoint on his poxy team's style of football. Plenty of room for engagement there... ;)

:D:D:D
You got a good smile out of me there, like a proper genuine one aha
It's a shame you and I are of a small number left on this forum who like to talk about the games, be one eyed and rib each other.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Remote Control - 18 Aug 2022 10:21 AM

But   in  any   event ,  where   have  I  made   a   comment    about   the   league' s  management/administration   on   this   thread  ?

Brooklyn99 Uh Ya Boring GIF - Brooklyn99 Uh Ya Boring Youre - Discover &  Share GIFs

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)Amateur (534 reputation)

And back to the topic:

I have not yet because I have asked them to change my seating this season - but as soon as that is done I am in!

I am expecting some returning members to come to the 3 Suncorp games at least. If we can play good enough football it might regenerate a bit of interest. Ever hopeful :)

I have to admit I'm one of the 3 Suncorp game people. Fortunately we'll be back in Brisbane by the night of the first game, so that helps. I know its lame, but I really struggle getting to Redcliffe.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Rolled over my victory membership.  Think it went up maybe $15.  I'm on a country membership but live within the 100km required to get it but they allow me to have it because we go to so few games. 
My biggest issue at the moment is paramount,  in the victory membership brochure some major levels of membership had it included while others didn't mention it at all. Now if you look at the updated brochure it's not mentioned anywhere.  I then got charged by paramount for another years subscription at full price (I emailed and had a refund my way within 2 hours) but the clubs don't know what the deal is with it yet.  So that will be interesting. 

I'm hoping to get to a few more games this season,  last season sacked with delta wave, being sick then a newborn. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

It is the constant theme of your commentary in all posts.

On its own your comment in this thread could be one of humour and/or genuine commentary, but coming off the back of every other post it becomes just another negative statement. You did not even bother to say "I am not a member and never would be" or "Yes I have", or "They lost me years ago and I have seen no reason to return".

I have said before - it is every persons right to post what and how they want (as long as it fits some rules) - but it cannot hurt to know why other posters might have issue with you so I responded. I know I'd rather hear your views on each subject specifically rather than a generic scorn of the current arrangement.

Up to you.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Hillbilly55 - 18 Aug 2022 10:59 AM

I have to admit I'm one of the 3 Suncorp game people. Fortunately we'll be back in Brisbane by the night of the first game, so that helps. I know its lame, but I really struggle getting to Redcliffe.

Despite public transport being possible it is not a quick journey, and driving this side from further afield, especially on week nights, can be impractical for so many reasons.

I would struggle similarly if our games were on the Gold Coast.

I live close to Moreton Daily Stadium and even so I would prefer the more central and 'bigger game' atmosphere of Suncorp - can only hope for that or another suitable central ground sometime in the nearish future.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

scubaroo - 18 Aug 2022 11:24 AM
Rolled over my victory membership.  Think it went up maybe $15.  I'm on a country membership but live within the 100km required to get it but they allow me to have it because we go to so few games. 
My biggest issue at the moment is paramount,  in the victory membership brochure some major levels of membership had it included while others didn't mention it at all. Now if you look at the updated brochure it's not mentioned anywhere.  I then got charged by paramount for another years subscription at full price (I emailed and had a refund my way within 2 hours) but the clubs don't know what the deal is with it yet.  So that will be interesting. 

I'm hoping to get to a few more games this season,  last season sacked with delta wave, being sick then a newborn. 

Had a similar story.

United sent out a last minute email warning us all to cancel our paramount before we got charged for the next year.
That happened the morning after the 10pm email but like you i had a refund on my way super fast.

United's email said they would be sending out new codes soon so I imagine yours will be the same though I'm not sure re your brochures changing I guess.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Righto libel 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

@ Roar in me Blood

I  am  glad   it  seems  we   agree   that   I  am  free   to   post  what  and  how  I   like ,  within   forum   rules.

If   a   person  chooses   to   read   more  into   my   post  than   what   is   there ,  then   that' s   on   them   not  me  as  far  as   I   am   concerned .
Edited
2 Years Ago by Remote Control
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Remote Control - 18 Aug 2022 4:35 PM
@ Roar in me Blood

I  am  glad   it  seems  we   agree   that   I  am  free   to   post  what  and  how  I   like ,  within   forum   rules.

If   a   person  chooses   to   read   more  into   my   post  than   what   is   there ,  then   that' s   on   them   not  me  as  far  as   I   am   concerned .

Yeah, you're just the forum's tucker carlson "just asking asking questions" with a confused pout :hehe::hehe:
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

@ Roar in me Blood

I'll leave the discussion with "just because you have a right to do something does not make it the right thing to do".

Your choice how you express yourself; or not.

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro

Roar in me Blood - 18 Aug 2022 5:07 PM

I'll leave the discussion with "just because you have a right to do something does not make it the right thing to do".

Perhaps   you   should   consider    the   content   of  posts  by   others  on   this  thread  ,   before   you  start  directing comments    like     that   to   me ...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search