The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm glad for Francois because I found his U23 performances generally stale but there were moments particularly late in games where he really won important duels or distributed the ball into safe areas. Hope he keeps improving. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 21 May 2024 12:10 AM
grazorblade - 20 May 2024 11:16 PM

This is so good for us - he's a proper #6 & by the look of his performances this season, he's in career best form. Still only 23 as well. I still remember him starting for Fulham in the first game of the EPL season, a couple of years ago, but kind of vanished after that & had an unsuccessful loan in Croatia I seem to recall. Anyway, it's awesome he's turned it around & is definitely one to keep an eye on, especially with O'Neill out.

It wouldnt be crazy to me if francois breaks into the starting line up next year, he has improved pretty quickly in a league where the elo is around the eredivisie
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

grazorblade - 21 May 2024 12:54 AM
SoccerooFan - 21 May 2024 12:10 AM

It wouldnt be crazy to me if francois breaks into the starting line up next year, he has improved pretty quickly in a league where the elo is around the eredivisie

There are that many players that start in decent Leagues every week and I watch so many games and just wonder how the hell some of these guys retain their places. Lazy, poor passing, missing tackles. That's where I wish Francois would be given a go at least. He may be just as bad but at least we know. 
Pasquali
Pasquali
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

johnszasz - 21 May 2024 1:02 AM
grazorblade - 21 May 2024 12:54 AM

There are that many players that start in decent Leagues every week and I watch so many games and just wonder how the hell some of these guys retain their places. Lazy, poor passing, missing tackles. That's where I wish Francois would be given a go at least. He may be just as bad but at least we know. 

Yeah exactly. Watching Emerson Royal the other day for spurs, playing out of position but still he lost track of Salah so many times for player worth 20-30 million it was amazing.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

kind of disappointing that Gauci didn't get a run in the last game Olsen has been awful and has conceded 13 in 4 and a half starts now, hopefully Joe might get a run in pre-season.

Olsen has literally cost them points in these last few weeks. 

Not sure if posted already but Viduka interview on Joey Barton's podcast - https://youtu.be/qx239Vhl9Y8?si=TfwbIP7BMebTcTk8
Edited
Last Month by jas88
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

We've seen that with some of the footballers who have graced the world and we're still getting young guys going over there and now the girls are just smashing it.

"Sometimes in the most barren of ground mate, the most beautiful things will grow. And I certainly think that's the case for football."

Ange 

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Lino has been banging them in for viking resevrs in their 3rd division with 3 goals now in 4 games

Bovalina got his first start. Didnt do great according to fotmob but hopefully a good foundation

Kuol was hospitalized with illness during the olyroos campaign and was ill throughout which explains his drop in form
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

grazorblade - 22 May 2024 4:45 PM
Lino has been banging them in for viking resevrs in their 3rd division with 3 goals now in 4 games

Bovalina got his first start. Didnt do great according to fotmob but hopefully a good foundation

Kuol was hospitalized with illness during the olyroos campaign and was ill throughout which explains his drop in form

Not bad for a left-back!
Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

grazorblade - 22 May 2024 4:45 PM

Bovalina played 77 minutes at RWB. Seemed to play quite forward judging by the highlights. 

They played Calgary FC in the Canadian Cup and got through on away goals. Lleyton Brooks played for Calgary and seemed to have a very good game. Lots of their play seemed to go through him. 

https://youtu.be/b7avVqahrQQ?si=pPNLNNjb0dyXMepw

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

AA Awards time

Player of the season:
Can't go past Luongo and Burgess being a promoted side and then going up again in the toughest league to get promoted from. Great effort by Irvine this season while Circati did very well. Yengi with a solid first season abroad.

Disappointment of the season: Does Souttar even count? The half season demise by Kuol, AMB and Bilokapic was disappointing. 

Player desperately in need of a move: Souttar but Mo Toure and Genreau need to seek starts somewhere. Hrustic/Baccus situations will fill the summer.

Player due for big season next: I think Rowles will consolidate and have EFL offers.

Honourable mentions: Great season by the Bolton players. Many good in SPL. Iredale played well at the highest level he's ever played at but now needs regular starts. Silvera was very good considering layers don't necessarily play much straight after moving. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Duke has scored twice 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Jgr to st louis

Between vikingroos and yankeeroos we have something to follow in the off season
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

johnszasz - 22 May 2024 7:37 PM
AA Awards time

Player of the season:
Can't go past Luongo and Burgess being a promoted side and then going up again in the toughest league to get promoted from. Great effort by Irvine this season while Circati did very well. Yengi with a solid first season abroad.

Disappointment of the season: Does Souttar even count? The half season demise by Kuol, AMB and Bilokapic was disappointing. 

Player desperately in need of a move: Souttar but Mo Toure and Genreau need to seek starts somewhere. Hrustic/Baccus situations will fill the summer.

Player due for big season next: I think Rowles will consolidate and have EFL offers.

Honourable mentions: Great season by the Bolton players. Many good in SPL. Iredale played well at the highest level he's ever played at but now needs regular starts. Silvera was very good considering layers don't necessarily play much straight after moving. 

Thanks for all your updates, the AA was one of my favourite places on a Sunday to see how Aussies going O/S, Thanks Johnszasz

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

robbos - 23 May 2024 4:37 PM
johnszasz - 22 May 2024 7:37 PM

Thanks for all your updates, the AA was one of my favourite places on a Sunday to see how Aussies going O/S, Thanks Johnszasz

Thnx. An enjoyable season and Hannover being Bundesliga 2 makes it easier to follow more AA in the EFL. 
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Keanu Baccus moves to League 1 Mansfield Town. 

Bad news!  another Socceroos in league 1.  Id rather see him in Denmark/Swiss/Belgium/Austria/Portugal 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Wiesbaden on tonight. Necessary bump as FTBL have gone overboard on the spam tonight. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Iredale on bench in opening playoff leg. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Regensburg lead 1:0 at half time. 3 subs at break not including Iredale mostly due to yellow cards. The players starting for Wiesbaden have been really poor for weeks. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Agrafiotis is so lazy up top. I hate they signed him in winter. The subs have been buoyant but static strikers won't see any gaps occur. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

1:1. Perseverance pays off. Out of nothing really and Wiesbaden can't believe themselves they've scored. I imagine they'll try and close the game out now. Maybe Iredale on for their top line is tiring and nicking a win would be massive. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Iredale on at 70. They're going for it. Rightly replaces Agrafiotis. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

What a goal by Iredale within 60 seconds! 2:1.

Shot from distances is parried. Iredale tries the half volley on his left and scuffs it just outside 5 yard box. He's got to do better there on his weak foot. However the ball bounces and he's surrounded by 3 defenders and with his back to goal he heels it so slyly into the top corner. I thought it was an own goal and there was a hand in there but by the opponent. What an impact. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://twitter.com/EtihadSportsHD/status/1794097392725156207?t=cY6qYKuCBmqWYkGFLJiqww&s=19

Iredale goal here. 79 Regensburg make it 2:2
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Iredale just does a run similar to Garang NZ away and lays it up for a teammate only for it to be blocked. Both teams trying to get a winner. 
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star
Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)

johnszasz - 25 May 2024 6:08 AM

That equaliser is a gut punch. I really want Iredale to stay up. Do you reckon Weisbaden is the best team for him if they stay in Buli 2? 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

real strikers goal from John.. that reminds me of dukes. 
Edited
Last Month by jas88
Quicky
Quicky
Rising Star
Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)Rising Star (936 reputation)

John Iredale is quality. Quick, big, fast, good finisher, makes good runs. I just reckon he needs a break at the right club. If Weisbaden go down I'd like to see him move and find a starting spot. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Quicky - 25 May 2024 12:57 PM
John Iredale is quality. Quick, big, fast, good finisher, makes good runs. I just reckon he needs a break at the right club. If Weisbaden go down I'd like to see him move and find a starting spot. 

Near the end they headed a corner clear and he sprinted to the ball about 15m away, rounded the opponent and ran 70m to the edge of the box. 

It's hard to find a manager who puts absolute faith in him to start all the time. I think at another club with better service he'd look really good. The challenge is his record isn't growing as much as you'd like due to fewer minutes. Still, he was scoring every second game at the lower levels when played regularly.

Tonight's cameo will have him in Wiesbaden good books and just maybe another club was watching. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://youtu.be/WLx5QtpcNqA?si=RpX7qCjtFjVkIPz5

Clearer footage here. Still annoyed at the scuff of the half volley though. All in all Iredale scored. 

There was also a late chance but for his teammate hesitate to pass and Iredale would've had a tap in. 
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

mark_000au - 24 May 2024 10:50 AM
Keanu Baccus moves to League 1 Mansfield Town. 

Bad news!  another Socceroos in league 1.  Id rather see him in Denmark/Swiss/Belgium/Austria/Portugal 

Dear me that's a depressing move. Imagine 20 yrs ago our starting socceroos defensive midfielder moved to Manfield Town in his prime ☹️ 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search