The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
johnszasz - 26 May 2024 11:21 PM
Leeds Southampton in an hour. Any preferences? Leeds just add a lot more to the EPL currently. I feel Southampton would be too weak even with transfers.

With Kompany gone I hope Burnley just fizzle away. 

Living in southampton so cheering for them

Mind u they have an aussie on the books so probably better for watts if soton stay in the championship
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

grazorblade - 26 May 2024 11:42 PM
johnszasz - 26 May 2024 11:21 PM

Living in southampton so cheering for them

Mind u they have an aussie on the books so probably better for watts if soton stay in the championship

Didn't Watts sign permanently for Exeter? I lived in Portsmouth for a year so... Went to Southampton for an NHS number. Visited years later and it's alright. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

johnszasz - 26 May 2024 11:53 PM
grazorblade - 26 May 2024 11:42 PM

Didn't Watts sign permanently for Exeter? I lived in Portsmouth for a year so... Went to Southampton for an NHS number. Visited years later and it's alright. 

oh didn't realize watts left!

Southampton ain't bad to live in. It's a permanent job. I am not loyal to the football team yet I'm a fan of whichever team has an aussie, including the local rivals portsmouth
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Volpato starting in a dead rubber

27 matches and around 800 minutes in all comps is nice progress despite his teams stuggles
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

grazorblade - 27 May 2024 4:31 AM
johnszasz - 26 May 2024 11:53 PM

oh didn't realize watts left!

Southampton ain't bad to live in. It's a permanent job. I am not loyal to the football team yet I'm a fan of whichever team has an aussie, including the local rivals portsmouth

Southampton stood firm today. Felt a bit like Australia's win against Tunisia. Leeds will be so driven to win the Championship next season. Cool they'll face Portsmouth and Yengi. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

johnszasz - 27 May 2024 5:47 AM
grazorblade - 27 May 2024 4:31 AM

Southampton stood firm today. Felt a bit like Australia's win against Tunisia. Leeds will be so driven to win the Championship next season. Cool they'll face Portsmouth and Yengi. 

Hopefully robertson too!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Saints have been a good nursing ground for opposing EPL clubs as had Leeds in the past.
I didn't mind which won tbh, I have 2 ex pat playing mates in my team, lots of fun bants.

Love Football

Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Leeds not going up to the premier league is a bit of a big deal for Souttar as they were one of the most keen on him in January. They are going to have problems with FFP next season so will have to lose a lot of their best players to shed wages. Don't think it would be worth Souttar going there next season. 

It other news Viking won 3-0 with Daggers and Stensness starting. Yazbek not in team so could be injured. 
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Capac - 27 May 2024 10:39 AM
Leeds not going up to the premier league is a bit of a big deal for Souttar as they were one of the most keen on him in January. They are going to have problems with FFP next season so will have to lose a lot of their best players to shed wages. Don't think it would be worth Souttar going there next season. 

It other news Viking won 3-0 with Daggers and Stensness starting. Yazbek not in team so could be injured. 

If he was guaranteed to be starting for Leeds it would be a decent move - he's just got to get back to playing 90 mins!! If we're being realistic, is he going to be picked up by another EPL club after Leicester didn't play him all season in the Championship? Actually would love to see him playing for Celtic or Rangers, but I don't know whether they could afford him?
onedaywinners...
onedaywinners...
Weekender
Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)Weekender (47 reputation)

grazorblade - 26 May 2024 9:54 PM
A league now im band 5 which makes it easier for english teams to sign our players

long time listener, first time caller. Nice to meet you all.

Curious to know more about this band system? Tried a bit of a google but didn't find much. Any links?

many thanks
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

onedaywinners... - 27 May 2024 9:18 PM

long time listener, first time caller. Nice to meet you all.

Curious to know more about this band system? Tried a bit of a google but didn't find much. Any links?

many thanks

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023/06/23/introducing-banding-changes-the-new-gbe-guidance-and-what-it-means-for-recruitment/

Explanation from last year when we were unbanded

Uk in general has been making it harder for foreigners to immigrate needing to prove they add to society
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Chelsea have been given permission by Leicester City to speak to head coach Enzo Maresca.

Can't not help Souttar but I'd expect Leicester to invest heavily in a highly able centre back. Oh wait.... 
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

A league now im band 5 which makes it easier for english teams to sign our players

I didn't see A league on the list for band 5. Where is the source?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

mark_000au - 28 May 2024 4:44 AM

I didn't see A league on the list for band 5. Where is the source?

https://x.com/scout_aussie/status/1794695762036818188

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

What a turnaround. Bochum come back from 3 down in first leg to beat Düsseldorf on penalties away. An epic. Wiesbaden on tomorrow will be tense. I think Iredale could start but the coach may try the impact again. It'd work either way with Iredale a goal threat and a nuisance should they need to keep a lead. 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So if I understand correctly James Hollands austra wien us in a playoff match to avoid relegation tomorrow morning
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 28 May 2024 11:30 AM
So if I understand correctly James Hollands austra wien us in a playoff match to avoid relegation tomorrow morning

So is Mabil & Laws with Grasshopper - 2nd leg is this Saturday. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 28 May 2024 12:28 PM

Ah interesting. You'd think mabil would come back to the a league soon 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-should-brace-for-riley-mcgree-and-latte-lath-interest/

Article speculating mcgree leaving boro 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 28 May 2024 7:28 PM

No info on where. I wonder what teams are interested. Still contracted at Boro to 2025.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

FFS Iredale out with muscle stiffness. Not exactly an injury but they will want as many 100% fit players to go all out tonight. Gutted. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Regensburg score seconds before and after half time. Wiesbaden in massive trouble now. On the one hand if Iredale stays he should feature a lot more but I think he'll seek a move away. It could even be away from Germany. Main thing is to be playing every week. Even starting low Eredivisie is tricky if you're smothered every week. It needs to be somewhere that can be bossed a bit to really build confidence. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Wiesbaden relegated. Some really shameful lazy play tonight. Only once they got a goal back did they show any urgency. It's so unfortunate after a promising first half season but then a free fall that wasn't to be stopped. I anticipate the better players will depart. 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

johnszasz - 29 May 2024 5:41 AM
Regensburg score seconds before and after half time. Wiesbaden in massive trouble now. On the one hand if Iredale stays he should feature a lot more but I think he'll seek a move away. It could even be away from Germany. Main thing is to be playing every week. Even starting low Eredivisie is tricky if you're smothered every week. It needs to be somewhere that can be bossed a bit to really build confidence. 

League One Yengi style might be the go. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

I know it's not relevant to socceroos but Holland scored for Austria wien he must be a club legend there 
Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro

Bovalina got another small run for Vancouver. Came on at 90 mins in their 2-1 win. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Capac - 31 May 2024 9:36 AM
Bovalina got another small run for Vancouver. Came on at 90 mins in their 2-1 win. 

Getting at least some minutes each week this early is a good sign

I have no idea how to rate the mls compared to spfl and league 1 if bovalina nails down a starting spot
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro

Grasshopper won to stay in the Swiss top flight - Mabil played 90 mins & Laws unused. 3 Aussies in Swiss top league next season, after Liam Chipperfield won promotion with Sion. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

SoccerooFan - 1 Jun 2024 9:39 AM

Grasshopper won to stay in the Swiss top flight - Mabil played 90 mins & Laws unused. 3 Aussies in Swiss top league next season, after Liam Chipperfield won promotion with Sion. 

I'd like to see mabil in the a league he can benefit the league so much 
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro

Mabils side won 2-1 on aggregate and survive
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search