Aussie Transfers - July 2024

Aussie Transfers - July 2024

Author
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Brendan Hamill has returned to Melbourne Victory.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Hendrix has left WSW.
Ben Old has been sold to St Etienne.

kanman
kanman
Hacker
Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)Hacker (432 reputation)

Whats the deal with Ajdin Hrustic? I thought he had left Verona on a free transfer to Holland for the rest of the season, however looking at Wiki and transfermarkt he is back at Verona (end of loan). I would have thought he was now a free agent. 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

johnszasz - 9 Jul 2024 2:47 AM
Ha I was right! It was the German Airways plane to Aalborg. Iredale has joined Aalborg.

https://aabsport.dk/nyheder/2024/juli/australsk-landsholdsangriber-til-aab/

He worked with the manager when at Heerenveen so that's a very good sign. 

Nice work.

i really like this move because I think he’s a great player who can push Yengi for a starting berth if he can get on and stay on the field. Personally, I wish he has stayed at Heerveen when he was there and established himself as a starting Erdivise striker before his move to Germany. Denmark is a level below Holland, but the fact is he playing for the same coach is great, AaB are a traditionally decent club who’s been promoted, so lots of possibility for gametime and if he’s ever going to make it in Europe, Denmark is somewhere to do it. Mabil was a starter for the Roos while playing in Denmark.

Wish him well and I’ll be following closely.

Apparently Hollman might be up for a move to Denmark too, plus Izzo to Randers.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

The Central Coast Mariners are delighted to announce that the club has agreed to the transfer of midfielder Alfie McCalmont with Carlisle United, pending visa approval. 

Handy little player. Watched him many times. As a Carlisle and Mariners supporter this is amazing. Ge Jon Mellish down under! 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 12 Jul 2024 6:06 PM
Handy little player. Watched him many times.

Would love your assessment on the type of player he is please!

The signing announcement said he’s a defensive midfielder, but he appears to have scored quite a few goals from DM over the years if that’s the case.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Bowden - 12 Jul 2024 6:35 PM
johnszasz - 12 Jul 2024 6:06 PM

Would love your assessment on the type of player he is please!

The signing announcement said he’s a defensive midfielder, but he appears to have scored quite a few goals from DM over the years if that’s the case.

Michael McClinchey vibes. Nimble and smart. Good left peg. Ex Leeds youth.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Ty 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Mo Toure linked with Randers.
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

sub007 - 13 Jul 2024 12:25 AM

Interesting. Could be a good way to get minutes if he can stay fit. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

sub007 - 13 Jul 2024 12:25 AM

if he and iredale get plenty of starts I'd consider joining the side of those that want duke moved on

tricky part is that you want to keep up his standards in work rate and if you change the team too quickly....There are however 4 striker spots and we have Stama, Taggs locally as well as yengi toure and iredale abroad
onedaywinners...
onedaywinners...
Fan
Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)

If all playing regularly I'd rather Iredale & Toure being in front on Duke purely just for the potential better football we might play with a more well rounded striker up front.
Work rate and pressing ability must be a given in todays game (unless you're Portugal) so I feel that even though Duke has put in plenty of excellent shifts, it's time to maybe take more of a mentor off the bench role for the NT.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

onedaywinners... - 13 Jul 2024 7:25 PM
If all playing regularly I'd rather Iredale & Toure being in front on Duke purely just for the potential better football we might play with a more well rounded striker up front.
Work rate and pressing ability must be a given in todays game (unless you're Portugal) so I feel that even though Duke has put in plenty of excellent shifts, it's time to maybe take more of a mentor off the bench role for the NT.

toure and iredale over yengi?
Edited
3 Months Ago by grazorblade
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

Yengi and Iredale are our best centre forwards. 

M. Toure needs first team game time, to show form and durability. He has the potential to be the best but that's unrealised so far. 

I think Duke only really offers leadership and work ethic atm. His form is horrible. We 're moving past him fast. 

Taggart has some merit as depth in a long WCQ campaign but I really don't see him troubling world class defences. 

onedaywinners...
onedaywinners...
Fan
Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)

grazorblade - 13 Jul 2024 9:33 PM
onedaywinners... - 13 Jul 2024 7:25 PM

toure and iredale over yengi?

Sorry definitely goes without saying that Yengi is our best striker prospect in a long time and will hopefully keep improving both in confidence and ability
Edited
3 Months Ago by onedaywinners...
Veritas
Veritas
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)

Ryan to Roma as number 2.

Roma make sudden swoop for Australia goalkeeper Ryan
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Veritas - 15 Jul 2024 8:29 AM

Doubt many aa fans will like this 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

Melbcityguy - 15 Jul 2024 8:30 AM
Veritas - 15 Jul 2024 8:29 AM

Doubt many aa fans will like this 

I don't like it. We need our number 1 playing. It leaves us precarious with Gauci third in line. It gives Izzo a big opportunity. 

On another note if Ryan makes it to Roma and gets a game he's only the second Aussie behind Aloisi to play in all three big leagues. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Quicky - 15 Jul 2024 8:51 AM
Melbcityguy - 15 Jul 2024 8:30 AM

I don't like it. We need our number 1 playing. It leaves us precarious with Gauci third in line. It gives Izzo a big opportunity. 

Also an opportunity for Langerak to sneak in
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Panama intl Roderick Miller CB, joins Wanderers to potentially take over as skipper...
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Thought Ryan had signed in the Championship? Regardless, if Glover keeps starting at Boro and Ryan is benched, he will have to be in the mix.

Not sure about the hype for Mo Toure. Looking at highlights, his poor finishing alone fost us an Olympic spot. If he was a striker who could covert his chances, we’d be on our way - he missed plenty. 

Finally - I would’ve considered Wales and Buhagiar much of a muchness in the A-league. I can’t believe one is playing 2nd Div in Korea, while the other is playing 2nd Div in Italy.

Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro

Balin Trev - 15 Jul 2024 8:56 AM
Quicky - 15 Jul 2024 8:51 AM

Also an opportunity for Langerak to sneak in

Definitely. Langerak should have played a lot more for Australia. Japan + Covid stuffed it up. That said I think he's technically retired from the NT. Like Luongo I wonder if that will change. 
Edited
3 Months Ago by Quicky
dr. bellows
dr. bellows
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Will be interesting to see which starting gk Arnold opts for now that both Ryan and Gauci are likely out of the frame (based on his criteria of playing regularly) and Langerak has declared himself unavailable. Afaik Glover was first choice at Boro for a short while last season until Dieng? regained his spot after injury. However, I thought there was talk of Glover leaving Boro. Not sure if that's happened and what his chances are of being the first choice somewhere. My guess at this stage would be either Izzo or Thomas but maybe I've overlooked someone.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

I reckon Ryan is content contributing to a squad and just playing from time to time. Maybe his model partner has Milan work and they want to be closer together. Roma is incomparable to Derby County.

While somewhat disappointing, an injury to the young incumbent or Ryan proving himself well in training could be the way in. All 3 Roma keepers lack experience so they'll want an older head around.

As for Langerak, the boat has sailed. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

Man Maty has lived in some awesome places and played pro football at same time.. San Sebastian, Valencia and now Rome.. Maybe he's making room for the next gen? 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

jas88 - 15 Jul 2024 4:15 PM
Man Maty has lived in some awesome places and played pro football at same time.. San Sebastian, Valencia and now Rome.. Maybe he's making room for the next gen? 

Or making the next gen
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

NicCarBel - 15 Jul 2024 5:16 PM
jas88 - 15 Jul 2024 4:15 PM

Or making the next gen

😂😂😂
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Bowden - 15 Jul 2024 7:10 PM
NicCarBel - 15 Jul 2024 5:16 PM

😂😂😂

I mean with what I've been seeing recently, I wouldn't blame him if that's the case
burgers82
burgers82
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Daniel Penha has left Western United

https://wufc.com.au/news/daniel-penha-bids-emotional-farewell-to-western-united/

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/positive-middlesbrough-contract-implications-riley-29523187?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#comments-wrapper

Mcgree hinting he might stay at boro
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search