Chronicles of a stable genius.

Chronicles of a stable genius.

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Also Trump 'This is the last time you'll have to vote'.

Freudian slip, wishful thinking, prophecy, prediction??

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Jul 2024 3:33 PM
tsf - 29 Jul 2024 1:47 PM

What about the christians losing their shit over the Olympic opening ceremony because it was 'mocking' christianity? (Spoiler: It wasn't.)

Yeah, the free speech anti-snowflake brigade, really are quite snowflaky

I multiple tweets demanding it be made a crime to offend the religious. 

They have more in common with ISIS and the Taliban than modern society 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Also what is it with the ultra religious Christians thinking they're the most persecuted people on the planet? It's hilarious. 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

They have a fair point about not mocking Islam though.

They should be fair game too if you're going to have a crack at christians. (Which this wasn't.).

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 29 Jul 2024 6:43 PM
They have a fair point about not mocking Islam though.

They should be fair game too if you're going to have a crack at christians. (Which this wasn't.).

Hilarious that the we must protect euro culture’ mob, don’t even understand culture and history enough to 

a - know the reference 
b - know that Christianity took imagery from the Greeks 

completely agree about Islam, but perhaps the reason Christianity is more mocked in the west is because we are taught and understand it more. Nobody knows sweet fa about Islam. 

Most people are fine with the church etc and religion. I think it’s just the ultra conservative us anti abortion types that are annoying everyone now 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

tsf - 29 Jul 2024 10:02 PM

Hilarious that the we must protect euro culture’ mob, don’t even understand culture and history enough to 

a - know the reference 

completely agree about Islam, but perhaps the reason Christianity is more mocked in the west is because we are taught and understand it more. Nobody knows sweet fa about Islam. 

Most people are fine with the church etc and religion. I think it’s just the ultra conservative us anti abortion types that are annoying everyone now 

C'mon mate, really? Christianity is openly ridiculed because there isn't some crazy arse nut-bag on the other side of the world willing to declare a global death notice on anyone foolish enough to do so...... and hundreds of thousands of brainwashed zealots happy enough to die for a cause to help them escape their shitty everyday lives with a promise of a thousand virgins in paradise or whatever.. The "West" has been fighting in those Godforsaken sand boxes for half a century now, we know all about radicalised Islam, NOBODY is willing to deal with the repercussions of mocking it openly -  A bunch of boomer Christ-botherers on the other hand are open slather for the new tik tok intelligentsia.... ffs... what a world. 

Its all a matter of timeline mate... Islam is feared now, Christianity was feared hundreds of years ago, The Catholic church would have guillotined someone in the Place de la Concorde 200 years ago for depicting Christ as a trannie.. its just about a little respect..... 

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

a - know the reference 

Which religion slaughtered the staff at the French publication Charlie Hebdo because of how the Prophet Muhammad was depicted? 

Yeah but Christianity is the problem. 

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Jul 2024 3:38 PM
Also Trump 'This is the last time you'll have to vote'.

Freudian slip, wishful thinking, prophecy, prediction??

It's weird how much & how little power the President actually has. 

I mean look at Old Man Joe forced to step down by his own party & paradoxically he's the most powerful man in the world.

tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Jul 2024 3:42 PM

C'mon mate, really? Christianity is openly ridiculed because there isn't some crazy arse nut-bag on the other side of the world willing to declare a global death notice on anyone foolish enough to do so......

Yes, people are scared of Islamists - completely recognise and acknowledge that. 

But even with friends you don't make many Islam jokes, nobody gets the references. I'm just saying that this contributes to it, 

Nothing annoys me more than some brave inner city greenie artie type taking on religion, but obviously just certain ones. I'm with you 100%
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

tsf - 30 Jul 2024 4:03 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Jul 2024 3:42 PM

Yes, people are scared of Islamists - completely recognise and acknowledge that. 

But even with friends you don't make many Islam jokes, nobody gets the references. I'm just saying that this contributes to it, 

Nothing annoys me more than some brave inner city greenie artie type taking on religion, but obviously just certain ones. I'm with you 100%

Im ALL for free speech and find the humour in most of it anyway.. Happy to take the piss out of ANYONE that is so self serving they believe its their way or the highway but a bit of respect goes a long way.. Those greenie artie types ONLY attack Christianity because they can get away with it... No different than  those climate change pests gluing their hands to the floors of western corporations they deem as not doing enough to stop pollution... They would get mad respect from me if they did it in China or Myanmar for example... :)

Its ALL insta-tik tok activism rubbish for me... its easy to fight the safe targets, much much harder to fight the ones that actual matter :)
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Jul 2024 4:12 PM
tsf - 30 Jul 2024 4:03 PM

Im ALL for free speech and find the humour in most of it anyway.. Happy to take the piss out of ANYONE that is so self serving they believe its their way or the highway but a bit of respect goes a long way.. Those greenie artie types ONLY attack Christianity because they can get away with it... No different than  those climate change pests gluing their hands to the floors of western corporations they deem as not doing enough to stop pollution... They would get mad respect from me if they did it in China or Myanmar for example... :)

Its ALL insta-tik tok activism rubbish for me... its easy to fight the safe targets, much much harder to fight the ones that actual matter :)

The thing is Christ wasn't portrayed as a trannie. (If you're talking about the Olympics.) It was a scene from the feat of Dionysys. The FACT christians don't understand that their rituals and legends are stolen holus bolus from other religions and cults is quite funny if you ask me. 

But I won't disagree with you that Islam seems to be 'untouchable' for parody because like EZ said above the Hebdoe thing, as well as dozens of other examples.

Having said that abortion clinics have been blown up by Christians so there is that.

But yes as a rule, Christians can be mocked without, generally, fear of retribution. Islam can't.

And Islam should be because it is a far more dangerous cult.

Member since 2008.

Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 30 Jul 2024 4:03 PM
Munrubenmuz - 29 Jul 2024 3:38 PM

It's weird how much & how little power the President actually has. 

I mean look at Old Man Joe forced to step down by his own party & paradoxically he's the most powerful man in the world.

I read when Trump was in he'd go off on all these mad tangents and his advisors would just tell him 'they're onto it' and 99 times out of 100 he'd forget about it or move onto something else and they were in the clear.

I have no doubt this works for whoever's in power anywhere.

Member since 2008.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 30 Jul 2024 5:28 PM
ErogenousZone - 30 Jul 2024 4:03 PM

I read when Trump was in he'd go off on all these mad tangents and his advisors would just tell him 'they're onto it' and 99 times out of 100 he'd forget about it or move onto something else and they were in the clear.

I have no doubt this works for whoever's in power anywhere.

Trump is a grifting buffoon, essentially a less fat version of Clive Palmer. 

America is a profoundly sick society if they're electing the fuckwits they seem to continuously elect.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 30 Jul 2024 5:27 PM

The thing is Christ wasn't portrayed as a trannie. (If you're talking about the Olympics.) It was a scene from the feat of Dionysys. The FACT christians don't understand that their rituals and legends are stolen holus bolus from other religions and cults is quite funny if you ask me. 

But I won't disagree with you that Islam seems to be 'untouchable' for parody because like EZ said above the Hebdoe thing, as well as dozens of other examples.

Having said that abortion clinics have been blown up by Christians so there is that.

But yes as a rule, Christians can be mocked without, generally, fear of retribution. Islam can't.

..... righto, so the cultured French paid homage to a yearly bacchanalian orgy of a non-Olympian deity and NOT Zeus, you know, the actual god for whom the actual games where celebrated every 4 years.... C'mon man. 

Could we recreate the Statue of Zeus at Olympia? - Quora

Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 10:01 AM

..... righto, so the cultured French paid homage to a yearly bacchanalian orgy of a non-Olympian deity and NOT Zeus, you know, the actual god for whom the actual games where celebrated every 4 years.... C'mon man. 

Could we recreate the Statue of Zeus at Olympia? - Quora

Seriously what's with the glass jaw and faux outrage over this? France is known for being one of the most secular countries in the world and if they wanted to rip the piss out of christians then good for them.

If God and Jesus and all that is true he loves everyone right? Even 'poofters', 'trannies' and 'homos'. 

IF this was a pisstake of christianity then the only thing that could've bettered it would have been ripping the piss out of other religions at the same time.

Member since 2008.

Edited
tsf
tsf
Legend

Completely agree with it all 
tsf
tsf
Legend

ErogenousZone - 30 Jul 2024 4:01 PM

Which religion slaughtered the staff at the French publication Charlie Hebdo because of how the Prophet Muhammad was depicted? 

Yeah but Christianity is the problem. 

I'm not sticking up for Islamists or Islam - they're generally rockapes, I think my point is a fair one though. Christianity is going to cop much more stick because everyone grows up with it, understands it and the people involved are more prominent in our society. It is only in recent years that Islam has had more of a presence in the west

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 10:47 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 10:01 AM

Seriously what's with the glass jaw and faux outrage over this? France is known for being one of the most secular countries in the world and if they wanted to rip the piss out of christians then good for them.

If God and Jesus and all that is true he loves everyone right? Even 'poofters', 'trannies' and 'homos'. 

IF this was a pisstake of christianity then the only thing that could've bettered it would have been ripping the piss out of other religions at the same time.

Hahaha "faux outrage"? "glass jaw"? hahahah I think you may have confused me with someone else matey... I think this is all pretentious garbage, nothing more, nothing less... 

Why is one particular segment of modern society so hell bent on being accepted by a group whose values they dont share anyway?
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 11:04 AM

Hahaha "faux outrage"? "glass jaw"? hahahah I think you may have confused me with someone else matey... I think this is all pretentious garbage, nothing more, nothing less... 

Why is one particular segment of modern society so hell bent on being accepted by a group whose values they dont share anyway?

I'd imagine they only want to be accepted as humans and not 'freaks' but you'd have to ask them.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Actually I might ask you the same question. Why are christians so hell bent, and/or offended by, on being accepted by a group whose values they don't share anyway?

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 11:34 AM

Actually I might ask you the same question. Why are christians so hell bent, and/or offended by, on being accepted by a group whose values they don't share anyway?

Mate you've got a bit of an axe to grind ... i aint no whetting stone. 

Im a Christian, of sorts, and have absolutely NO issue with anyone of any sexual persuasion... Apart from bestiality and paedophilia which I find abhorrent, everything else, between consenting adults is fair game for me.... have fun, be safe and enjoy.  Neither I, nor most others I know, has any desire to be accepted by the LGBTQ+ community, why would I even want to? I respect their right to do whatever makes them happy but I dont wanna fly their rainbow flag and will resist any attempt to make me or my family...  Just like I accept their right to NOT have to conform to the ideals I think are correct. Its called respect mate, respect for the "other" its not a hard thing to live by. 

You paint your hatred of this "CHRISTIANS" thing based on some hillbilly, US conservative extremism, most people want to just live and let live.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 11:06 AM

I'd imagine they only want to be accepted as humans and not 'freaks' but you'd have to ask them.

Absolutely, they have every right to be accepted as humans and I do, most people I know do ... yes there are some religious nut jobs that clearly dont mate but Im sure your savvy enough to realise that not EVERYONE is your old mate lowercase right?

Why do some in that community want to be married in a Christian church for example? Or protest for the Free Palestine movement, It just doesn't make sense to me, it really doesn't.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 11:56 AM
Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 11:06 AM

Absolutely, they have every right to be accepted as humans and I do, most people I know do ... yes there are some religious nut jobs that clearly dont mate but Im sure your savvy enough to realise that not EVERYONE is your old mate lowercase right?

Why do some in that community want to be married in a Christian church for example? Or protest for the Free Palestine movement, It just doesn't make sense to me, it really doesn't.

I can't speak for gay people but I'd imagine gay people brought up religious, believing that jesus loves them, would be hurt by the fact they can't get married in a church they're a part of.

With no evidence to back up my next statement I'd think 99% of same sex couples are just happy they can legally get married somewhere.

Member since 2008.

Edited
Lupi33
Lupi33
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)Hardcore Fan (217 reputation)

the Olympics ritual was pure establishment and nothing to do with inclusivity
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 11:53 AM
Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 11:34 AM

Mate you've got a bit of an axe to grind ... i aint no whetting stone. 

You paint your hatred of this "CHRISTIANS" thing based on some hillbilly, US conservative extremism, most people want to just live and let live.... 

But you're none of those and yet, unless I've misinterpreted it, offended by what happened at the opening ceremony. (And if I've read that wrong apologies.)

Plenty of Australian christians have been frothing at the mouth over this too though. Not just hillbilly seppos.

Member since 2008.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 1:36 PM

But you're none of those and yet, unless I've misinterpreted it, offended by what happened at the opening ceremony. (And if I've read that wrong apologies.)

Plenty of Australian christians have been frothing at the mouth over this too though. Not just hillbilly seppos.

I think it's because the general consensus these days is we all have to watch what we say at the risk of offending someone, but apparently it doesn't work the other way around(and I'm saying apparently because I haven't seen this Olympics thing yet, and generally could not care less about jokes). Obviously that also depends on what 'side' people consider themselves on.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Not offended personally AT ALL Muz.. I just thought it was cringy and dumb...  Art is art, and at some deep level should generate emotion, feeling, scepticism and wonder. That bearded viking in a dress, the chunky tattooed (female?) Apollo and the fat Smurf smoking a vape was just ....... SHITHOUSE...... 

Stop seeing everything so black and white ... if I am not "with you" doesnt mean I am "against you".... 

Good examples of ART can be paid homage to, without being an absolute hack job....:
Exploring the Legacy of the Last Supper Painting: A Masterpiece in Art
The Olympics Drag Scene Got Christian Art History Right

That opening ceremony monstrosity was just shit....... hahahahahaha
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 31 Jul 2024 4:02 PM

Not offended personally AT ALL Muz.. I just thought it was cringy and dumb...  Art is art, and at some deep level should generate emotion, feeling, scepticism and wonder. That bearded viking in a dress, the chunky tattooed (female?) Apollo and the fat Smurf smoking a vape was just ....... SHITHOUSE...... 

Stop seeing everything so black and white ... if I am not "with you" doesnt mean I am "against you".... 

Good examples of ART can be paid homage to, without being an absolute hack job....:
The Olympics Drag Scene Got Christian Art History Right

That opening ceremony monstrosity was just shit....... hahahahahaha

Mate it wasn't my go either. I didn't see any of the ceremony at all. I'm just commenting on christians blowing up about this particular thing.

It's also funny because I'm reading some of these gods, pre-dating jesus, turned water into wine, walked on water, healed people and a whole lot of other things, common to christianity, a thousand or more years before the bible got cracking on appropriating a lot of them.

If nothing else some people, me included, may have learnt some history.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

I can't see this picture of the last supper without being reminded of a comedy skit I saw which was Jesus walking into a restaurant with his disciples behind him and asking for a table for 24.

On another tack I wonder how many Americans would know Jesus and his disciples were likely iraqi jews (arabic).

Yes I realise this is in dispute but there's no doubt he a was a swarthy, short, curly black haired, middle eastern bloke.  

Member since 2008.

Edited
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 31 Jul 2024 4:20 PM

Mate it wasn't my go either. I didn't see any of the ceremony at all. I'm just commenting on christians blowing up about this particular thing.

It's also funny because I'm reading some of these gods, pre-dating jesus, turned water into wine, walked on water, healed people and a whole lot of other things, common to christianity, a thousand or more years before the bible got cracking on appropriating a lot of them.

If nothing else some people, me included, may have learnt some history.

hahah wait till you get to Gilgamesh, Nimrod and co.... Mesopotamian/Sumerian mythology is wild... Makes the Resurrection of Persephone, Dionysis and later Jesus seem fairly believable in comparison.... lol
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search