The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quicky - 17 Aug 2024 2:53 PM
Irankunda making the Bayern first team bench at 19yo is remarkable. It makes some of the NT decisions not to play him seem amatuerish. 

Isnt he only 18?

Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Podiacide - 17 Aug 2024 5:25 PM
Quicky - 17 Aug 2024 2:53 PM

Isnt he only 18?

Only just turned 18 I think.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Some pointing out sapreet singh made the match day squad and had 8 appearances in all comps in his first season

He was a few years older mind u
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Super Saturday for AA.

Firstly, Denmark and Belgium Roos are tomorrow and Breda host Ajax. 

Early EFL window with Portsmouth while Derby host Boro. Bilokapic may or may not get the start. Prepared for deflating AA minutes at Ipswich today. See how we go. 

Mid EFL session followed by a hopeful Circati Serie A debut and Gauci on Villa bench.

Scottish League Cup this weekend. 
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

grazorblade - 17 Aug 2024 5:32 PM
Some pointing out sapreet singh made the match day squad and had 8 appearances in all comps in his first season

He was a few years older mind u

Irankunda at least still got potential to be great.  Garang Koul on the other hand watching him touring down under with Newcastle UTD , the guy can't shoot , can't dribble, can't pass.  Painful to watch. 
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

mark_000au - 17 Aug 2024 6:47 PM
grazorblade - 17 Aug 2024 5:32 PM

Irankunda at least still got potential to be great.  Garang Koul on the other hand watching him touring down under with Newcastle UTD , the guy can't shoot , can't dribble, can't pass.  Painful to watch. 

Was clearly depressed (or otherwise psychologically affected). Something is going very wrong at NUFC for GK, who we know is a decent player.

Mind you, I'd be OK with everything going wrong at 20k pounds a week.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

For some context Mustafa Amini signed for Dortmund and made the bench for their first team a few times at 18 so it’s not the first time this has happened.

Chris Ikonomidis made the bench for Lazio as well but also didn’t break through either.

I’m probably showing how long I’ve seen this stuff lol but in all seriousness hopefully Nestory breaks through unlike some of those guys and becomes a top class player in the highest level possible.

Point it’s not the first time nor it will be the last time an young Australian talent is part of a big club, the key is our development system continues to improve to churn out more talent so it’s entices enough for big clubs to spot our talent.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

At least Kuol hasn't gotten injured. We know so much more now from this saga. I'd honestly rather that than having him spend the last 2 seasons in the A League. Hearts was a silly tactical move and Volendam were an anti football basket case who then changed their formation. 

In saying that an A League loan return isn't a good idea due to the lack of game time and late start. A League 1 or 2 loan and really sweating it out for a season is the way forward at this age. 
Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Luongo starting for Ipswich in the first game v Liverpool. 

I'm super happy for him, he's clearly been aiming for this his whole career and just never quite got there until now. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Special day with Luongo making his EPL debut. Burgess bench.

Silvera starting. No Yengi as not to be risked just yet. No Farrell. Elder starting but McGree is not in Boro squad. 

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Capac - 17 Aug 2024 8:25 PM
Luongo starting for Ipswich in the first game v Liverpool. 

I'm super happy for him, he's clearly been aiming for this his whole career and just never quite got there until now. 

He was always of the grade. Stupid QPR move who played a terrible style then the BVM world cup snub shot his confidence big time. Injuries and now he's returned and 31 isn't exactly old. A couple of seasons still. 

It feels even more earned as he's worked his way with clubs back up instead if being bought for good form down there. 

Muric out and Walton in goal. Woolfenden starts at the back as does Greaves. Burgess will play at some point. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

He finally did it. Can't wait for the game. Inspirational.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Hate the scarce info about McGee's situation. I get they won't say it publicly to keep the opponent guessing but the mystery around his absences are annoying. Hopefully he just woke up still and they said it's best he rest. Midweek cup suggested rest. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Not directed at anyone on here as they always had hope and faith but out come all the people who trod over Luongo saying he was done to now claim him in that they knew him first years and years ago. Ugh
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Boro reporter saying McGree just with a knock and no cause for concern. Glad Portsmouth aren't being risky with Yengi. Time ticking for international window where we need peak performances. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Holy moly good on you luongo I nearly dropped my phone when I read it. I don't have optus sport but I'll be following it 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Luongo starts! Fuck yeah! Burgess bench. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Congrats luongo

Has been lower epl level for a while imo

Once established i hope he can be convinced to at least join our world cup squad. Will only be 33
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

And with that Luongo is officially an EPL player.

Swear the camera angle is lower than the EFL filming. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Hutchinson goes down easy but the hand on shoulder by Robertson is just cynical. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Salah with his Chelsea hairstyle. Uh oh...

Hate this camera angle and the lack of zooming into the corners. You've got a wide view but it's hard to see what's going on. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Greaves is having a great debut. Just looks sleek. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I want a full half time report guys 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Melbcityguy - 17 Aug 2024 10:09 PM

One good shot block by Luongo. Another nice slide tackle when Liverpool were going forward. Interesting has been how the Liverpool 6 has been free to play the ball over the Ipswich midfield and defence in behind. Luongo and Morsy deep which has been safe but allowed Liverpool some play. Liverpool attacking mids more static hanging in the Ipswich back line. 

Ipswich countering well with pace. It's a fun game to watch. Luongo has ventured forward once or twice and Liverpool got numbers to shut out any danger. 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 17 Aug 2024 10:09 PM

Luongo has been great. He has been a really effective screen. Ipswich playing two DM's with Luongo on the left side, 4-2-3-1. He made a great block and probably two or three clean tackles. Has been okay on the ball too. Only a half but promising signs. A shame the other DM is the captain because with Phillips he'll be pressed to hold his spot but he's doing everything he can to keep it. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Barca4Life - 17 Aug 2024 7:45 PM
For some context Mustafa Amini signed for Dortmund and made the bench for their first team a few times at 18 so it’s not the first time this has happened.

Chris Ikonomidis made the bench for Lazio as well but also didn’t break through either.

I’m probably showing how long I’ve seen this stuff lol but in all seriousness hopefully Nestory breaks through unlike some of those guys and becomes a top class player in the highest level possible.

Point it’s not the first time nor it will be the last time an young Australian talent is part of a big club, the key is our development system continues to improve to churn out more talent so it’s entices enough for big clubs to spot our talent.

Did amini make the bench first year? In any case amini was a year older . But i get what you are saying. On the one hand we are sending better players. On the other hand most players miss out and they go backwards compared to what would happen if he worked slowly through the leagues until he reaches the top
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

grazorblade - 17 Aug 2024 10:25 PM
Barca4Life - 17 Aug 2024 7:45 PM

Did amini make the bench first year? In any case amini was a year older . But i get what you are saying. On the one hand we are sending better players. On the other hand most players miss out and they go backwards compared to what would happen if he worked slowly through the leagues until he reaches the top

Yeah I remember Amini once or twice in front of the Südtribüne. I don't think making those big Italian benches should necessarily count as farcical as they are. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

johnszasz - 17 Aug 2024 10:31 PM
grazorblade - 17 Aug 2024 10:25 PM

Yeah I remember Amini once or twice in front of the Südtribüne. I don't think making those big Italian benches should necessarily count as farcical as they are. 

Yeah i also remember dortmond forums hating on amini saying scouts need a new pair of glasses when i played in buli 3

In any case both players ended having some good periods for the roos and are at least a little worse than irankunda. So worst case he should still contribute something to the nt
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Kalvin Phillips was horrible last season for West Ham and seems to have a pretty bad attitude. I think Luongo should be relatively safe provided he puts in some decent shifts.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

samb - 17 Aug 2024 10:38 PM
Kalvin Phillips was horrible last season for West Ham and seems to have a pretty bad attitude. I think Luongo should be relatively safe provided he puts in some decent shifts.

Exactly right. The guy is a prime example of moving to a bigger club for big money and not working hard at it. Given, the system etc didn't really suit him at City but then from those elevations, he waltzed into West Ham and didn't lift a finger. Not to mention Southgate assuring his selection. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search