The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
yeah too late now and hope it works out for him

not a lot of opportunities to show his skills of little 1-2s in tight areas in traffic when the ball gets touched around half as often as an a league match or a european match

Balard is a weaker player and yet has a bright start to nac, perhaps as others have said its the height scaring clubs off
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Bunch of Hacks - 21 Aug 2024 8:36 PM
Mr Cleansheets - 21 Aug 2024 8:36 AM

No disrespect to Ross County, but our leagues best player going there is a slap in the face to Australian football 
. A younger up and coming player sure, but our best player going to Ross County after his best season?! 

Thing is, my mail is that no-one was interested. Couldn't see past his height, so once again Nizz will be proving all the judges wrong and dragging RC up from the bottom will be massively drawing interest.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

grazorblade - 21 Aug 2024 9:10 PM
yeah too late now and hope it works out for him

not a lot of opportunities to show his skills of little 1-2s in tight areas in traffic when the ball gets touched around half as often as an a league match or a european match

Balard is a weaker player and yet has a bright start to nac, perhaps as others have said its the height scaring clubs off

With all due respect to the player, it is an issue. No point in saying it isn't or shouldn't be. The lad now has his chance to prove their doubters - and it confess I am one of them - wrong. It was an issue for Marco Tilio too. You go under 170, Messi's height, and it's a problem. 

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

charlied - 21 Aug 2024 10:00 PM
grazorblade - 21 Aug 2024 9:10 PM

With all due respect to the player, it is an issue. No point in saying it isn't or shouldn't be. The lad now has his chance to prove their doubters - and it confess I am one of them - wrong. It was an issue for Marco Tilio too. You go under 170, Messi's height, and it's a problem. 

I should say why I have my doubts. They're based on the physicality of Scottish and English football. I have doubts only in that context. If wish he had gone to Holland it Belgium. It would not be so much of an issue there. 

onedaywinners...
onedaywinners...
Fan
Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)Fan (51 reputation)

Height aside, the bloke recently turned 25 and is coming off a Mariners Player of the Year/Premiership season followed by an A-league/AFC double plus Johnny Warren medal. I mean come on. There are far too many idiotic scouts etc out there if Ross County was top of the offer pile. Maybe soon word will get out that Nestory came from the same league.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

onedaywinners... - 21 Aug 2024 10:20 PM
Height aside, the bloke recently turned 25 and is coming off a Mariners Player of the Year/Premiership season followed by an A-league/AFC double plus Johnny Warren medal. I mean come on. There are far too many idiotic scouts etc out there if Ross County was top of the offer pile. Maybe soon word will get out that Nestory came from the same league.

Assuming nestor makes it. He is the best player we have ever sent straight to a top league but we have never in the a league era had a player break through without making it in a 2nd tier league first
mark_000au
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I'd rather see him staying with CCM than joining Ross county in SPL. At least CCM still have ACL elite to show off his skills and this is the highest club competition in Asia.
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 21 Aug 2024 10:49 PM

Assuming nestor makes it. He is the best player we have ever sent straight to a top league but we have never in the a league era had a player break through without making it in a 2nd tier league first

Actually we have... and a player you'd never think of..

Michael Beachamp went straight from CCM to starting for Nurnburg. 
And then you have Mooy who was bought by City, loaned out and almost single handedly got his loan team promoted to the prem. 

Nsl days we had lazaridis and Zelic that come to mind. Grella also went directly to a serie a team but only played 2 games before they also got relegated. Jacob burns went straight from nsl to Leeds as a squad player 
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Mr Cleansheets - 21 Aug 2024 9:17 PM
Bunch of Hacks - 21 Aug 2024 8:36 PM

Thing is, my mail is that no-one was interested. Couldn't see past his height, so once again Nizz will be proving all the judges wrong and dragging RC up from the bottom will be massively drawing interest.

Apparently he had a move to some eredivisie club teed up but it fell over for some reason. Would have been a much better move than where he ended up. I literally could not think of a worse club for Nisbit to end up at given his characteristics. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Bunch of Hacks - 22 Aug 2024 6:55 PM

And then you have Mooy who was bought by City, loaned out and almost single handedly got his loan team promoted to the prem. 

Nsl days we had lazaridis and Zelic that come to mind. Grella also went directly to a serie a team but only played 2 games before they also got relegated. Jacob burns went straight from nsl to Leeds as a squad player 

In principle if you mean play the occssional game in their first season brilliante and leckie would also make the cut
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Bunch of Hacks - 22 Aug 2024 6:55 PM

But those teams aren't competing to win the champions league every year. So his right Nestor would be the first player since kewell to be at a champions league level club 
sphynx
sphynx
Weekender
Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)Weekender (49 reputation)

jas88 - 18 Aug 2024 10:01 AM
Thought Mass had a good first half so did Ipswich... they just couldn't hold onto that intensity for the whole game and liverpool just kept coming.

I doubt Kavlin-Phillips will provide him much competition.. he looked like a sunday league player at west ham.

Cant understand how Delap is worth 20m pounds...fkn insane.

lol.

I’m sure Phillips on his £100k+ per week wage is coming to Ipswich of all teams to sun himself.

Theres more chance of Mass being loaned to the Championship than there is of Mass finding himself ahead of Phillips this season.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Metcalfe has extended his St Pauli contract. 
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro

sphynx - 22 Aug 2024 10:14 PM

lol.

I’m sure Phillips on his £100k+ per week wage is coming to Ipswich of all teams to sun himself.

Theres more chance of Mass being loaned to the Championship than there is of Mass finding himself ahead of Phillips this season.

This is why Mass should come back to the socceroos. Less matches in the Premier league than the champ, he has more competition now and finally playing for the socceroos will keep him fit and help push his case whether to his manager or to another club 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Rowles and Devlin starting in Europa League. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Bunch of Hacks - 23 Aug 2024 1:49 AM

This is why Mass should come back to the socceroos. Less matches in the Premier league than the champ, he has more competition now and finally playing for the socceroos will keep him fit and help push his case whether to his manager or to another club 

My thoughts exactly. The EFL schedule is good if you're part of rotation but if you're always starting it's very intensive. EPL has 8 games fewer and if he's going to play a secondary role then he'll be reasonably sharp and quite fresh for international duty. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Martinez has extended with Villa until 2029. Run Joe! 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

oof last minute goal against hearts

will need a big win at home
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/6563704/ross-county-trio-return-rangers/

Claims that ross country beat off interest from all over the world. So he did have options
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Goodwin two goals to kick off the Saudi league 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

grazorblade - 23 Aug 2024 6:09 AM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/6563704/ross-county-trio-return-rangers/

Claims that ross country beat off interest from all over the world. So he did have options

That's a coaches quote. His audience is his fans. I'd bet his goal was to make the fans feel good about the club and the signing. So grain of salt. 

I think theres some truth in there. I believe at least one Eredivisie club was interested but prioritised other signings. The time it took for Nisbet to sign felt like Nisbet was waiting on a better deal that didn't come. 

Hopefully he goes well at Ross County and the club or clubs interested in him from the Eredivisie bite in a future transfer window. 

While Ross County and Scotland isn't the best playing fit for Nisbet it is a lot of competitive games and a bigger shop window for Europe compared to the AL. It may be a step to bigger things. 
Quicky
Quicky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 23 Aug 2024 8:13 AM
Goodwin two goals to kick off the Saudi league 

Goodwin is an example of a player that never had the right move at the right time. He was good enough to play at a much higher level. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

lol.

So when Pep said he cant play in tight spaces as he's not a midfielder, he was wrong? ok mate lol
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Quicky - 23 Aug 2024 8:57 AM

That's a coaches quote. His audience is his fans. I'd bet his goal was to make the fans feel good about the club and the signing. So grain of salt. 

I think theres some truth in there. I believe at least one Eredivisie club was interested but prioritised other signings. The time it took for Nisbet to sign felt like Nisbet was waiting on a better deal that didn't come. 

Hopefully he goes well at Ross County and the club or clubs interested in him from the Eredivisie bite in a future transfer window. 

While Ross County and Scotland isn't the best playing fit for Nisbet it is a lot of competitive games and a bigger shop window for Europe compared to the AL. It may be a step to bigger things. 

That’s a funny quote, reminds me of when players are interviewed after signing for a new team and they’re like:

”I have dreamed of playing for Ross County ever since I was a little lad, this is a dream come true for me”
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

My mail is that there was plenty of talk but no genuine offers except from China which was torpedoed by Arnie (apparently).
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Quicky - 23 Aug 2024 8:59 AM
Melbcityguy - 23 Aug 2024 8:13 AM

Goodwin is an example of a player that never had the right move at the right time. He was good enough to play at a much higher level. 

Would’ve been comfortable in any big 4 league imo. The better the players around him the more he stands out.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Unfortunately the timing and potential lack of scouting didn't help Goodwin. Worse was he got some really bad splints after training at Sparta on astroturf as once stated in an interview. A late bloomer also but you just wonder what skills could have been developed with a few more younger years in the right environment. 
Bruce Ramsay
Bruce Ramsay
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)Hardcore Fan (282 reputation)

Full game for Sebastian Esposito in a 5-1 win for Lecce U20 against Udinese U20 in Italy's Primavera. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Silvera ineligable this weekend as middlesbrough are the parent club

Hope farrel and yengi are fit
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Apparently yengi one more week, farrell returns to running but no contact and will return after the international break
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search