The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well done to Webber indeed. But the changes to the sport have certainly helped his cause.
Webber is a remarkable driver in some regards, unlucky not to do better in many races. But he's driven for these 'mediocre' teams for so long, these teams go through drivers like tissues, drivers come and go from the sport on a regular basis. It's amazing that Webber has lasted so long getting some of the results he has.
If he were to go on and do well in the drivers championship this season and continue to win races, with a solid car - albeit one that's inferior to the Brawn cars - then he would indeed be worth celebrating. People are behaving like he's won the championship. :lol:
seriously
seriously
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

GO MARK U FUCKING LEGEND. Ive been a massive F1 fan since 1996, back when their were 24 racers schumy debuted for ferrari and there were V8s, V10s, and V12s in one race. I also remember when four people finished monaco that year. Stayed up to watch it. Fucking awesome sport. Getting back into it.

Edited by seriously: 13/7/2009 02:59:41 AM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Only three cars finished at Monaco in 1996. I wouldn't have thought you were old enough to have stayed up to watch a grand prix in 1996?
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Good win by him.

He got the "Simply the Best" treatment this morning on Merrick and Rosso :lol:
azzurro89
azzurro89
Rising Star
Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)Rising Star (967 reputation)

WEBBBBERRR!!! YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!

he even won me a $300 multi bet by winning by more than 6 seconds! Love this guy!
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

well done Webber! I watched the last 14 laps last night. This will be great for his confidence.
tiny455
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

=d> =d> =d>
well done webber, well deserved
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Webber won't win, he'll get jumped off the line by the Brawn cars.

Mark Webber wrote:
of course there are a few people who doubted me too as well, so hello to them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways well done Webber.
To get a drive through penalty and still win a race is something spectacluar. The spped of the Red Bull of Webber and the bRawn of Barrichello at the start was phenomenal. They were lapping over a second a lap faster than the rest of the pack. Well done Webber, and lets hope this ain't the last!

Also lol at Lewis Hamilton!!!!

And this was absolutely amazing! How rapped was he! You fucking beauty! :d
[youtube]CuMtQU1Cg4E[/youtube]
Dave1989
Dave1989
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

love that footage. i went to the grand prix a few years back to see kiss play. not really into racing or cars really but i enjoyed that day even though it was f'ing hot( 40 degrees). no humidity though unlike qld. bastards! they ran out of bottled water too so me n both me brothers had one bottle between us and had to keep filing it up at the dunnies. desperate times.. my point though is that it's worth seeing these guys in action. amazing how fast they are in person. great seeing webber win a race !
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Hi mark.

I wish people would stop going on like he won the title.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Quote:

Why not?
C-mon afro give his guy a break. He has been trying for so long and has finally won a GP and I think we should be celebrating like he's won the title. He's never gonna win it so why not?
jimsmith
jimsmith
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Quote:

Why not?
C-mon afro give his guy a break. He has been trying for so long and has finally won a GP and I think we should be celebrating like he's won the title. He's never gonna win it so why not?

+1
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Afro's Jealous.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Why not?

Congratulations to him and whatnot. Well done, he finally won a race. Yay.

But this season, he has a genuine chance of winning the drivers championship, he should take it.

davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

I was reading an article by Mark Webber today and it said this in it....

Quote:
We're a very proud sporting nation, we have done well on two wheels, on motorbikes with Mick (Doohan) and with Casey (Stoner) but the motorbikes aren't motorsport in general at world level, where we haven't been amazing.

Seriously I don't know what he means by this.

Here is the full article: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25778363-661,00.html
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I have no idea what he's on about there. But he also forgot about Wayne Gardner =;
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Quote:
Formula One team Toro Rosso fire French driver Sebastien Bourdais

Formula One team Toro Rosso has fired French driver Sebastien Bourdais.

The four-time Champ Car series champion in the United States had been unimpressive in his second season in F1.

Toro Rosso say a replacement driver will be named in the lead-up to the Hungarian Grand Prix.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
manufan4life
manufan4life
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

haha, its been a bit of a surprise that he went so well in Indy cars but so shit in F1
f1worldchamp
f1worldchamp
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
I was reading an article by Mark Webber today and it said this in it....

Quote:
We're a very proud sporting nation, we have done well on two wheels, on motorbikes with Mick (Doohan) and with Casey (Stoner) but the motorbikes aren't motorsport in general at world level, where we haven't been amazing.

Seriously I don't know what he means by this.

Here is the full article: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25778363-661,00.html

I think he means that even though Aussie are good in motorbikes, they aren't good in motorsport generally.

manufan4life wrote:
haha, its been a bit of a surprise that he went so well in Indy cars but so shit in F1

Being good at one doesn't mean you can do both. The only guys to win at both were Mansell and Mario Andretti. Even Villeneuve won the Indy 500, but he was never series champ iirc. Alex Zanardi was an also ran in F1 and carved them up in the States.

avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I'd expect Loeb or someone from the WRC to fill his spot
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:

Not really. Indycar is a different style of driving, and he had one of the best teams in indy backing him. It's not that he was BAD, just extremely inconsistant.
Quote:
Being good at one doesn't mean you can do both. The only guys to win at both were Mansell and Mario Andretti. Even Villeneuve won the Indy 500, but he was never series champ iirc. Alex Zanardi was an also ran in F1 and carved them up in the States.

IIRC Senna drove a season in Indy too. Most drivers are coming up through DTM and formula 3 these days though.
Quote:

I wouldn't. One of their testing drivers will fill the spot for the rest of the season until they know how things are going to pan out in the racing championships around the world. Mattias Ekstrom and Timo Schneider are good chances.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

avy1990 wrote:

It's the middle of the WRC and he is Second in the Championship.
Highly Unlikely he will take his place. IMO the test driver will take his place.

Quote:
Mattias Ekstrom and Timo Schneider are good chances.

#-o :lol: :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

What are you "#-o:lol::lol:"-ing for?
I already said it wouldn't be WRC. There's a good chance it will be a DTM driver, the 'lower' teams love them and Ekstrom and Schneider have both driven open wheelers before and Ekstrom has been a F1 test driver in the past.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
What are you "#-o:lol::lol:"-ing for?
I already said it wouldn't be WRC. There's a good chance it will be a DTM driver, the 'lower' teams love them and Ekstrom and Schneider have both driven open wheelers before and Ekstrom has been a F1 test driver in the past.

Don't worry bro.
And I don't think they will get a DTM driver. It will be the Spanish Torro Rosso test driver for sure.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I meant that will come in next season, not that will replace Bourdais this season.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Alonso in pole, webber in third and Massa in a coma...interesting qualifying session.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Alonso in pole, webber in third and Massa in a coma...interesting qualifying session.

ALONSO!!!! :d

Yeah it was a very interesting qualifying session. There was a bit of confusion at the end but I was so happy when I heard Alonso was on pole!

Massas crash was very bad. You could see he was knocked out and was going straight into the wall. I heard he fractured his skull and had to have surgery. I Hope he will be OK. o:)

Webber third is not bad but I can't see him winning it. My prediction: Vettel 1st, Webber 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

Here was Massa's crash for anyone who didn't see it.
[youtube]DnYha0vS9A0&feature=related[/youtube]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Massas crash was very bad. You could see he was knocked out and was going straight into the wall. I heard he fractured his skull and had to have surgery. I Hope he will be OK.

He's in a medically induced coma and they won't wake him up until atleast monday.
Quote:
Webber third is not bad but I can't see him winning it. My prediction: Vettel 1st, Webber 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

Vettel, Alonso, Webber tbh. Webber will get jumped off the line again but claw his way back through the race. Best thing that can happen for webber is a bit of rain. The conditions will suit Alonso.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Shit, just heard about this on the news. I hope he recovers well
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search