You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm far from a Star Wars tragic.

I don't own any Star Wars memorabilia. The only thing Star Wars I own is Battlefront on the PSP and the VHSs that were released in the 90s when they were digitally remastered (before the Special Editions were heard of).

I have a full shelf of LOTR shit though, from Special Edition DVDs and their respective boxes and statuette things that came with them, to hardcover copies of the trilogy, the Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, various other movie related books, a 12inch replica of Narsil, a couple of pewter statuettes (that aren't movie based), the complete recording CDs (3-4 CDs for each movie...best).

Thing is....I only paid for about 10% of the shit on there :lol: (if not less).

I've been a fantasy fan since I can remember. And yes, I read LOTR before the movies were conceived.

I also have a shelf full of retro 80s cartoons/anime (Tranformers, Voltron, Astro Boy, Robotech etc). Beats the shit out of alot of the crap that is released these days, thats for sure.

But you know what? Say what you want, diss all you want. Meh.

I may be a geek by some definitions. But I also play football and have been active my entire life. I did tae kwon do for 10 years, so there goes that theory of being a nerdy geek that is completely unco.
I play video games, read fantasy novels, but listen to gangsta rap (at times).

Yeah everything about me conflicts with the next thing.

Meh.

I know I'm not the only one out there that is into a bit of everything.

Edited by Erebus: 4/5/2009 04:53:32 PM
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'm a fantasy nerd as well. Never got into LOTR though.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

How can someone claim to be a fantasy nerd and not be into LOTR? :?

I'm gobsmacked, speechless and all that!
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

I cant get into any of that fantasy stuff. Too far out of reality for me. LOTR was a good set of films, Star Wars was too(better story IMO).
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Erebus wrote:
How can someone claim to be a fantasy nerd and not be into LOTR? :?

I'm gobsmacked, speechless and all that!

I didn't realise there was a curriculum to be one...
Nah i just never got into it. Tried watching the movie, couldn't stand it, but the book is probably way better.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Modern fantasy wouldn't be where it is if it weren't for LOTR. Fact.

But each to their own I guess.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
I wouldn't be angry at Bindi, she's just a child ffs, she doesn't know what she's doing. It's all the people behind her that are forcing her to do all this crap, just to make money of her and her fathers name. I feel sorry for her, she's never going to have a normal childhood.

Yeah, the adults around her should be ashamed. Especially her mother for naming her after a weed.
Quote:
I may be a geek by some definitions. But I also play football and have been active my entire life. I did tae kwon do for 10 years, so there goes that theory of being a nerdy geek that is completely unco.

Actually, I always thought you took up Tae Kwan do because you got sick of being picked on at school by the bullies so you could defend yourself.
Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

What pisses me off are those automatic hand-drying machines they have in toilets. Just offer paper towels ffs. They're ten times quicker, a thousand times more effective and as for the "environmental effect", fuck it, it doesn't make that much difference in the whole scheme of things
Legend

I am sick and tired of hearing uni students complain how everything is so hard for them for gods sake they work 20 - 40 hour weeks on top of uni so fucking what. I still do more hours in 3 days I mean for gods sake you people get so many days off if I get 2 days off in a week it is a bloody awesome week. You lazy pricks chose to go to uni and incur the debt o you can stop fucking complaining about how you have to work a 30 hour week you pricks I do triple that ammount of hours in a week and if I am lucky I will make the same ammount your lazy arse makes for doing 30 hours work. Go try out a trade for 1 week. You wouldn't last a bloody day!
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
http://www.srp.panuccioproductions.com/moreinfo/otherme.php

LOL is that you erebus? You do have your finger in many pies. I just think youre a massive nerd by default. You do like some decent stuff but whatever you say I just think, nerd! meh.

I hate fantasy shit with a passion. Its the sort of shit should stay in your head IMO. I guess for every J.K. Rowling theres about a million people in a loony bin.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

You know what really grinds my gears? Grinding Gears.

Seriously though, I hate people who get stuck into me about being a snob because I go to a private school.

And also, the arrogance of the Freo supporters today. They kept going on about how this is going to be their year. Really pissed me off.

And finally, why do all the Year 8's think they're better than me? They were trying to push me around today because I'm small and two of the arrogant ones are just like mini Shaquille O'Neal. Bastards. If I beat them up, I get expelled as well.
Legend

Go for pschological warfare. Embaress the hell out of them
Legend

People who think I give a crap about the fact that they have things they need money for coming up and I am taking it all away from them. Honestly you owe me money and arrange the payment you damn well keep that arragment i dont give a fuck if its your mums, sisters, aunt, uncles birthday it is my bank account that is missing money. You can stick your holiday up your arse.
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

I hate it when people whinge about uni students, I worked bloody hard in yr 12 to get my score.
Having to work 25 hours and go to uni is killer, Dont people realise how fucking hard uni assignments are especcially architecture assignmets, where you have to work 12 hours on making a stupid model and only get a credit. 12 HOURS and only a credit fucking hell.

Edited by nr690: 4/5/2009 09:25:37 PM
Legend

nr690 wrote:
I hate it when people whinge about uni students, I worked bloody hard in yr 12 to get my score.

So you are better than everyone else who is actually contributing properly to Australia by working? I worked hard in year 11 and 12 working 30 hour weeks on top of school to kick start my apprenticeship.

Man try an 8 hour day as a carpenter or a 12 hour day as a chef if you wqnt hard work. Do you realise how hard the chefs course is at TAFE in terms of theory?

Edited by guest: 4/5/2009 09:30:41 PM
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
That WAS my ruler. But you can keep it.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Women.

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

.:bp:.
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:

Women.

Maybe you should swap sides?
nr690
nr690
Pro

Guest wrote:
nr690 wrote:

So you are better than everyone else who is actually contributing properly to Australia by working? I worked hard in year 11 and 12 working 30 hour weeks on top of school to kick start my apprenticeship.

Man try an 8 hour day as a carpenter or a 12 hour day as a chef if you wqnt hard work. Do you realise how hard the chefs course is at TAFE in terms of theory?

Have you been to uni? I am not degrading other professions but tafe and uni are not in the same league(in most cases), a guy who went to tafe before he started uni told he was suprised by how hard this was compared to tafe.

Labor is not the only type of hard work. have you tried being an engineer or a doctor or an architect.
Legend

Doctor = Air conditioning, sitting down in your office all day reassuring parents there year olds cough wont kill them (yes I am being very narrow here but it helps my argument so I shall be narrow :P)

Lawyer = Coke snorting during your lunch followed by lying to a judge and jury in an air conditioned building (again narrow minded)

Chef = In most cases no air conditioning plus a grill and oven a deep fryer, massive stoks of pot, long hours, no social life incredible heat, burns and cuts constantly and abuse from the public.

Carpenter = Working outdoors all day moving around gyprock and other heavy materials. Lots of dangerous equipment and working in dagerous places ie a roof. Working tons of extra hours if you miss a day due to rain.
Pro

Guest wrote:
Doctor = Air conditioning, sitting down in your office all day reassuring parents there year olds cough wont kill them (yes I am being very narrow here but it helps my argument so I shall be narrow :P)

Lawyer = Coke snorting during your lunch followed by lying to a judge and jury in an air conditioned building (again narrow minded)

Chef = In most cases no air conditioning plus a grill and oven a deep fryer, massive stoks of pot, long hours, no social life incredible heat, burns and cuts constantly and abuse from the public.

Carpenter = Working outdoors all day moving around gyprock and other heavy materials. Lots of dangerous equipment and working in dagerous places ie a roof. Working tons of extra hours if you miss a day due to rain.

Yet the first 2 make more money.

EDIT: Most of the time.

Edited by .:bp:.: 4/5/2009 10:40:03 PM
nr690
nr690
Pro

Guest wrote:

whatever helps you sleep at night;)
aussie_arsenal
aussie_arsenal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

What grinds my gears is people who don't realise how hard it is to be a Pizza driver...
Pro

What grins my gears is when my pizza is deliverd late....(not pointing the finger at anyone :))
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

What grinds my gears is when my pizza isn't cut properly.
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

What grinds my gears is the band-aid i found on my pizza once.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

it grinds my gears when people stare. now i dont want to sound racist or anything, but the indian influx of people into australia recently has brought that staring on in a huge number. maybe its because im indian they assume im one of them.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I always thought you took up Tae Kwan do because you got sick of being picked on at school by the bullies so you could defend yourself.

You always thought eh? From all the times we've hung out and reminisced about our childhoods I guess.:-k

mk0825 wrote:
I just think youre a massive nerd by default. You do like some decent stuff but whatever you say I just think, nerd!

And I really care what some teenager on the internet thinks about me :lol:
Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Guest wrote:
nr690 wrote:

I did 12 hour days building railways for 3 weeks straight between year 12 and uni, uni is harder than your "real work"
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

it really grinds my gears that Graham Arnold still has a job as the national team assistant, and if that is the case, i should be playing in the EPL but im not.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search