Seriously's Mark Viduka Appreciation Thread

Seriously's Mark Viduka Appreciation Thread

Author
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
To stop every World Cup thread being hijacked by Seriously and his Viduka ramblings we now have a place for him to post all his Viduka rumours and gossip.

Proceed
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Dukes' world cup position sorted...

Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/12/16/mark-viduka-to-watch-boro-game-down-under-72703-25403475/

MARK VIDUKA may well be enjoying a life away from football at the moment, and may well be literally half the world away from the madness that surrounds Newcastle United.

But the Aussie – who was set to be offered a new contract by Newcastle had they stayed up last season – will be watching from a much different vantage point on Sunday as he prepares to burn the midnight oil to watch a Tyne-Tees clash he knows so much about.

Having played for both sides in the fixture during his five-year stint in the North East, Viduka was a big part of the proceedings last time out.

Indeed, Viduka helped slice Boro open in a fixture that looked to have kept Newcastle up and sent his old club crashing into the Championship.

Instead, both sides were relegated and, despite talk that Boro and Newcastle were prepared to make a deadline-day swoop for his services, Viduka headed Down Under as the Toon and Boro headed down.

And breaking off from speculation that he is to make a sensational comeback for the Socceroos this summer to play in the World Cup, Viduka told the Chronicle from Melbourne: “It’ll be on really late here but I’ll be watching it for sure, of course I will.

“I spent a lot of time playing for both clubs.

“It’s a beauty of a fixture! I know that having played for both sides in it.”

But despite Newcastle’s runaway lead at the top of the Championship and Boro’s struggle at the other end, Viduka is too wise to make predictions.

He said: “Hey, I played them both and I know what it can be like. So don’t ask me to call a winner, let’s just say it will be fiercely contested.”

Viduka is currently back in his home town of Melbourne but is only visiting friends and family – dashing the hopes of Aussie A League clubs, especially Melbourne Victory or new side Melbourne Heart, that he is expected to come out of self-imposed retirement after turning down a string of offers in Europe.

It’s understood that Viduka will then return to eastern Europe after Christmas to spend more time with his family and sailing off the Croatian coast before deciding whether he can even contemplate making a shock appearance in South Africa.

Seriously to be crushed.....
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

:lol:
jimsmith
jimsmith
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

I think we need to count him out now, he is disinterested and even if he comes back he would be no where near good as good as he was... plus he is unfit and without a club...

give the young ones a chance, ruka or djite :-k
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Hoffman > Viduka IMO

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Holman > Viduka IMO.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Anyone who wants to play > Anyone who wants to enjoy his yacht
seriously
seriously
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Guest wrote:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/12/16/mark-viduka-to-watch-boro-game-down-under-72703-25403475/

MARK VIDUKA may well be enjoying a life away from football at the moment, and may well be literally half the world away from the madness that surrounds Newcastle United.

But the Aussie – who was set to be offered a new contract by Newcastle had they stayed up last season – will be watching from a much different vantage point on Sunday as he prepares to burn the midnight oil to watch a Tyne-Tees clash he knows so much about.

Having played for both sides in the fixture during his five-year stint in the North East, Viduka was a big part of the proceedings last time out.

Indeed, Viduka helped slice Boro open in a fixture that looked to have kept Newcastle up and sent his old club crashing into the Championship.

Instead, both sides were relegated and, despite talk that Boro and Newcastle were prepared to make a deadline-day swoop for his services, Viduka headed Down Under as the Toon and Boro headed down.

And breaking off from speculation that he is to make a sensational comeback for the Socceroos this summer to play in the World Cup, Viduka told the Chronicle from Melbourne: “It’ll be on really late here but I’ll be watching it for sure, of course I will.

“I spent a lot of time playing for both clubs.

“It’s a beauty of a fixture! I know that having played for both sides in it.”

But despite Newcastle’s runaway lead at the top of the Championship and Boro’s struggle at the other end, Viduka is too wise to make predictions.

He said: “Hey, I played them both and I know what it can be like. So don’t ask me to call a winner, let’s just say it will be fiercely contested.”

Viduka is currently back in his home town of Melbourne but is only visiting friends and family – dashing the hopes of Aussie A League clubs, especially Melbourne Victory or new side Melbourne Heart, that he is expected to come out of self-imposed retirement after turning down a string of offers in Europe.

It’s understood that Viduka will then return to eastern Europe after Christmas to spend more time with his family and sailing off the Croatian coast before deciding whether he can even contemplate making a shock appearance in South Africa.

Seriously to be crushed.....

How am i to be crushed? I said his last opportunity in January. Which is typically where all the signings happen. Did you even read the last paragraph, or did you stop reading when u wanted to?

I take it nobody watched Newcastle's 5 last games before the end of last season. Clearly he has something left.

Edited by seriously: 19/12/2009 05:57:28 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
I take it nobody watched Newcastle's 5 last games before the end of last season.

This from the person who hasn't watched Newcastle games AT ALL this season...
And lets not forget that Viduka didn't score a single goal in his 12 games last season. Yeah...12 games in two years. That's the man we want representing Australia!

Viduka can GTFO. You can't seriously want to call up a man to the national team who would a) rather be on his yacht, b) won't have played a competative game of football in over a year, c) doesn't give a shit about the shirt, and d) hasn't played for the Socceroos in almost three years.

Anybody who believes Viduka should be playing for Australia is an embarrassment to football fans and pundits everywhere.

Edited by afromanGT: 19/12/2009 06:21:48 PM
seriously
seriously
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
I take it nobody watched Newcastle's 5 last games before the end of last season.

This from the person who hasn't watched Newcastle games AT ALL this season...
And lets not forget that Viduka didn't score a single goal in his 12 games last season. Yeah...12 games in two years. That's the man we want representing Australia!

Viduka can GTFO. You can't seriously want to call up a man to the national team who would a) rather be on his yacht, b) won't have played a competative game of football in over a year, c) doesn't give a shit about the shirt, and d) hasn't played for the Socceroos in almost three years.

Anybody who believes Viduka should be playing for Australia is an embarrassment to football fans and pundits everywhere.

Edited by afromanGT: 19/12/2009 06:21:48 PM

Clueless. Viduka's role is to play lone-wolf and bring in other players into play. No one does it better than him. Lone-striker is a pivotal role for us, no one on our team can draw and hold-off two defenders Except Viduka. And that was shown in the last 5 games of last season when he was getting back up to fitness. And he did score against fulham which was wrongly disallowed by howard webb. Viduka's role as goal scorer is secondary to him bringing our MF's into play.

But in anycase, im sure Tim cahill, Harry Kewell, Australia's coaching staff and former players know more than you in saying if Viduka has a chance to come back (and play in the first team) he should even though he hasnt played for the NT since the asian cup. But hey, you Know more than Tim cahill, Verbeek, Okon, Kewell, Shearer, Keegan etc right? I mean surely you Prefer scott Mcdonald or kennedy in that role? Right?

i guess all those players and Staff i mentioned are an embarrassment? Fuck your stupid. Even when you came back from your ban you are still thick as hell.

I cant believe idiots like you are Judging Viduka on scoring Goals alone.

The same Scott Mcdonald that is 170cm tall and should play as a lone striker? The person who has scored ZERO goals for australia Mind you or a person who got kicked out of his club for nearly a whole season after a few games as lone striker where he severly underperformed? aka kennedy.

Not that im judging Scott. hes a fantastic player. But you cant play him lone. But thats what you do, judge players on goals right?

Secondly, how would u know i havent been watching Newcastle games? Are u stalking me? They are not televised, or streamed most of the time. I watch them when they are available. The only thing available is live text. Which i simply keep on another tab.

Again a load of shit that you are guest are making up. Nothing arugments, so you have to resort to making up shit. Nice work.

Edited by seriously: 19/12/2009 07:39:52 PM
Riv of Canberra
Riv of Canberra
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

It's a shame he hasn't laced a boot in anger for so long, because he would still hold his place in the national team, easily. Such a shame he isn't playing anywhere this season.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

I watched most of the last 5 games he played last season. He was probably the best player Newcastle had - but let's face it, he didn't have much competition.

As for your other comment - yes, most signings happen in January, but this isn't because clubs want to sign players in January, or players only want to move in January, it's because only uncontracted players can move outside of the transfer windows - as Dukes is uncontracted he could sign for anyone, anytime. In fact, the fact that he's uncontracted would actually make him a more attractive notion to clubs as they don't have to wait until January... Yet he's still sitting on his arse, on his boat, enjoying the sun.

HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE.
seriously
seriously
Pro

Benjamin wrote:
I watched most of the last 5 games he played last season. He was probably the best player Newcastle had - but let's face it, he didn't have much competition.

As for your other comment - yes, most signings happen in January, but this isn't because clubs want to sign players in January, or players only want to move in January, it's because only uncontracted players can move outside of the transfer windows - as Dukes is uncontracted he could sign for anyone, anytime. In fact, the fact that he's uncontracted would actually make him a more attractive notion to clubs as they don't have to wait until January... Yet he's still sitting on his arse, on his boat, enjoying the sun.

Well if you think about it, its better if he plays for 6 months instead of 1 year. Firstly because he wouldnt be burnt out at the end of the season. secondly It will take him 1-2 months to get fit and 1-2 months to get match Sharp. and then another 2 months to be on the top of his game. Rather than getting drowned out though a whole season where injuries from over playing can happen.

It was probably the best option (if he comes back) in hindsight.

If January passes and he hasnt found a club then i will gladly say its over for Viduka, until then there is still a good chance that he can play and get fit 6 months is more than enough time.

Edited by seriously: 19/12/2009 08:39:15 PM
seriously
seriously
Pro

Benjamin wrote:

Obviously Guest wouldnt confirm that. Since i would be right.

On his day he is the best hold-up player in the prem. And what would be more fitting for Australia who play with a lone-striker?

Clearly they would prefer players who are not even close to competitive in major leagues. Kennedy has gone to the J-league and Mcdonald will get squashed in the EPL (as lone striker). THe only person who has been there and proved his worth as lone-striker is Viduka has has continued to do so, despite his age.

We are talking about Germany and Ghana Physically strong and tall teams here, not asian teams. You should be licking Viduka's balls for him to come back.

Edited by seriously: 19/12/2009 08:42:48 PM
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

I think you have to accept that Dukes is very rich, has had a lot of injury problems, and probably doesn't see any reason to get back into the hard work of full-time training.
seriously
seriously
Pro

Benjamin wrote:
I think you have to accept that Dukes is very rich, has had a lot of injury problems, and probably doesn't see any reason to get back into the hard work of full-time training.

I dont think Viduka cares about Money now. Otherwise he would have signed for Pompey,fulham or West Ham when he had the chance.

The only thing i believe he would care about is how to best close the book on his fantastic career and the only fitting way is another WC, especially since when we need him the most because of our formation.
australiantibullus
australiantibullus
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

seriously wrote:

The only thing i believe he would care about is how to best close the book on his fantastic career.

What is that based on?

How do you know what he cares about?

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Are you actually Mark Viduka? You seem to know the inner workings of his mind rather well

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

It's a well known fact that stalkers can begin to assume the identity of thier victims and believe they know their innermost thoughts. It is also a well known fact that Viduka very much enjoys cake and boats.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I just can't see it. He's got no real incentive to come back. Yeah you can talk about the final chapter of his career or crap like that, but he's shown before he doesn't care about that. He's shown before he's not that kind of person. He doesn't care what other people think about him, he just cares about himself. And right now sitting on a yacht is more caring than working his ass off in training to try and get fit again.

Not to mention that if he tries to get fit, if he tries to come back, and he fails, he'll be remembered for the embarrassing end to his career, as a slob who just couldn't make it. He's ego can't allow that sort of risk.

On a side topic, out of interest Seriously, How do you spell Shearer?
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Seriously, Pim has already said it is too late for Dukes. As he is the one who picks the squad I think he might know.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

seriously wrote:
I dont think Viduka cares about Money now. Otherwise he would have signed for Pompey,fulham or West Ham when he had the chance.

The only thing i believe he would care about is how to best close the book on his fantastic career and the only fitting way is another WC, especially since when we need him the most because of our formation.

No disrespect, but everything I've ever heard indicates that the only thing Mark Viduka cares about is Mark Viduka. How much money can Mark make? How much pain will Mark have to put up with? Now, don't get me wrong - I'd be EXACTLY the same as him if I were in his shoes. He's rich, he has fitness problems - does he want to go through the pain barrier in order to prove a point? Is there an amount of money that will convince him to do so? I somehow doubt it.

As for the "best hold-up player" in the EPL... Sorry mate, can't buy that. If he was he would have been in far greater demand when he left Leeds. All the clubs up there and he ends up at Middlesbrough. He was good - WAS - but he's never been 'great', certainly not 'the best'.

Before you ask... Off the top of my head, Emile Heskey, Didier Drogba, John Carew, and frankly Kevin Davies, are all better than Dukes.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

the guy can surely not make an appearance at the world cup with his lack of game time and match fitness. even archie thompson has a better chance......and archie would be like the 13th choice striker
seriously
seriously
Pro

Benjamin wrote:
seriously wrote:

No disrespect, but everything I've ever heard indicates that the only thing Mark Viduka cares about is Mark Viduka. How much money can Mark make? How much pain will Mark have to put up with? Now, don't get me wrong - I'd be EXACTLY the same as him if I were in his shoes. He's rich, he has fitness problems - does he want to go through the pain barrier in order to prove a point? Is there an amount of money that will convince him to do so? I somehow doubt it.

As for the "best hold-up player" in the EPL... Sorry mate, can't buy that. If he was he would have been in far greater demand when he left Leeds. All the clubs up there and he ends up at Middlesbrough. He was good - WAS - but he's never been 'great', certainly not 'the best'.

Before you ask... Off the top of my head, Emile Heskey, Didier Drogba, John Carew, and frankly Kevin Davies, are all better than Dukes.

Better strikers. Yes (except heskey, he sucks). Not better hold up players. I saw drogba play hes quite average at hold up play. and he certainly cant hold off two players.

Probably Carew is comparable (in hold up play) but He doesnt have the game sense Viduka has to create little flick through's.

Edited by seriously: 20/12/2009 12:50:15 AM
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

You gotta be jokin'

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

seriously wrote:

Better strikers. Yes (except heskey, he sucks). Not better hold up players. I saw drogba play hes quite average at hold up play. and he certainly cant hold off two players.

Probably Carew is comparable (in hold up play) but He doesnt have the game sense Viduka has to create little flick through's.[/quote]

Sorry mate, I have to question your football knowledge after saying that.

Drogba played up front on his own, bringing in the midfielders during a title-winning season - you don't do that if you can't hold the ball up.

Heskey has virtually nothing else to his game - certainly not a goalscorer - yet is the favoured strike partner for Owen, Rooney, Defoe, or whoever else is leading the line for England. He's a quality hold-up man.

And Davies again, is a strong target man who holds the ball up and brings his team-mates into the game.

Viduka had a lot of fancy little touches and good upper body strength, but playing the hold-up job is far more complex than that.
mus-28
mus-28
Pro

20-12-2009: Viduka Transfer Update: Mark transfers Pie from freezer to oven. Further developments may follow.
AlexG
AlexG
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)Hardcore Fan (255 reputation)

mus-28 wrote:
20-12-2009: Viduka Transfer Update: Mark transfers Pie from freezer to oven. Further developments may follow.

:lol: :lol:
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Viduka has always been a person who has been very self centred, and frankly, lazy.

In his Celtic days I remember reading that at halftime in one game he refused to come back out for the 2nd half. I dont care who you are or what sport you play, that kind of conduct is unacceptable at any level.

Also, coming out after leaving Celtic and saying he was only playing at 70% of his capabilites?! :oops:

The little he has to gain doesnt equal the lot he has to lose. Pim opened the door for him and Viduka didnt even glance towards it.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search