Seriously's Mark Viduka Appreciation Thread

Seriously's Mark Viduka Appreciation Thread

Author
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
imnofreak wrote:
Pim opened the door for him and Viduka didnt even glance towards it.

Maybe Pim should've left a jam tart smothered in whipped cream in the doorway???
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
mus-28 wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

Maybe Pim should've left a jam tart smothered in whipped cream in the doorway???

:lol: Maybe a pie on the windowsill will do the trick?
mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
mus-28 wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

:lol: Maybe a pie on the windowsill will do the trick?

That's just crazy talk.......do you think Pim wants to attract Bears! Although a bear could possibly be a good target man.
Forestman
Forestman
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

seriously wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
I watched most of the last 5 games he played last season. He was probably the best player Newcastle had - but let's face it, he didn't have much competition.

As for your other comment - yes, most signings happen in January, but this isn't because clubs want to sign players in January, or players only want to move in January, it's because only uncontracted players can move outside of the transfer windows - as Dukes is uncontracted he could sign for anyone, anytime. In fact, the fact that he's uncontracted would actually make him a more attractive notion to clubs as they don't have to wait until January... Yet he's still sitting on his arse, on his boat, enjoying the sun.

HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE.

Well if you think about it, its better if he plays for 6 months instead of 1 year. Firstly because he wouldnt be burnt out at the end of the season. secondly It will take him 1-2 months to get fit and 1-2 months to get match Sharp. and then another 2 months to be on the top of his game. Rather than getting drowned out though a whole season where injuries from over playing can happen.

It was probably the best option (if he comes back) in hindsight.

If January passes and he hasnt found a club then i will gladly say its over for Viduka, until then there is still a good chance that he can play and get fit 6 months is more than enough time.

Edited by seriously: 19/12/2009 08:39:15 PM

What are you drinking or smoking man. WTF do you mean its better to play for 6 months to prevent a burnout?!!! The man has been sitting on his boat for 5 months and is unfit and in his thirties plus he has lost the will to lace a boot.
SammyLovesBacon
SammyLovesBacon
Amateur
Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)

seriously wrote:

Better strikers. Yes (except heskey, he sucks). Not better hold up players. I saw drogba play hes quite average at hold up play. and he certainly cant hold off two players.

Probably Carew is comparable (in hold up play) but He doesnt have the game sense Viduka has to create little flick through's.

Edited by seriously: 20/12/2009 12:50:15 AM

you are a goose. that is utter rubbish.

all heskey does is bring others into play. look at his goal record and then the space players around him have when he plays for england.

drogba not as good as viduka at holding? he is as strong if not stronger than anyone in the premiership. cant hold off two players? you clearly dont even watch games.

and sorry, how is 6 months better than a year? 1 year of football will burn a player out? whats in you head?

i dont mean to attack but everything youve said is just ludicrous.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Quote:
That's just crazy talk.......do you think Pim wants to attract Bears! Although a bear could possibly be a good target man.

TBH, A bear>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>holman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Viduka

Plus, a bear up front would actually make the opposition defenders scared. i mean, if you see holman running at you, you're gonna brush it off. If you see a bear running at you...you'd shit yourself.

Edited by benjo: 21/12/2009 07:49:41 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Quote:
he has lost the will to lace a boot.

More like his gut prevents him lacing a boot:lol: :lol:
mltezr
mltezr
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

dont want him. he doesnt deserve it.
COYS
COYS
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
seriously wrote:

Better strikers. Yes (except heskey, he sucks). Not better hold up players. I saw drogba play hes quite average at hold up play. and he certainly cant hold off two players.

Probably Carew is comparable (in hold up play) but He doesnt have the game sense Viduka has to create little flick through's.

this is definitely the most stupidest post ive ever read on this forum

you should be banned from this forum you plastic geordie, viduka obsessed twat

viduka is a completely inferior player to drogba in every aspect. average at hold up player???? what a laugh, hes the best player in the world at the moment and virtually unplayable and has been playing as a lone striker for virtually his entire career.

seriously mate, go give yourself a swirly or something:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
SammyLovesBacon
SammyLovesBacon
Amateur
Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)Amateur (656 reputation)

i said it much nicer than that
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Sometimes you need to dish out some tough love :P
mus-28
mus-28
Pro

http://www.markviduka.com.au/

ooohh Mark Viduka official site - coming soon!

No sign of Seriously for a few days, perhaps he's dedicated his time to getting the above website up and running.
seriously
seriously
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

COYS wrote:
seriously wrote:

this is definitely the most stupidest post ive ever read on this forum

you should be banned from this forum you plastic geordie, viduka obsessed twat

viduka is a completely inferior player to drogba in every aspect. average at hold up player???? what a laugh, hes the best player in the world at the moment and virtually unplayable and has been playing as a lone striker for virtually his entire career.

seriously mate, go give yourself a swirly or something:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I love how idiots who dont even watch premier league games, make a judgement on Drogba's ability to hold up defenders. Drogba is not that good at hold up play. He can barely hold-up one defender. Nobody holds up the ball better than a fit Viduka. NOBODY. Last season v Liverpool he help up 2 liverpool defenders and also during the boro game.

True Drogba is a better striker than Viduka. But hes not even close in hold-up play and flick ons.

Stick to A-league.

Edited by seriously: 24/12/2009 12:12:51 PM
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Quote:
Last season v Liverpool he help up 2 liverpool defenders and also during the boro game.

Only because his gut was too big too get around.
seriously
seriously
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
Quote:
Last season v Liverpool he help up 2 liverpool defenders and also during the boro game.

Only because his gut was too big too get around.

Yeah and thats what we need. Someone drawing two defenders and laying it off to Emo and Kewell. Have you seen how slow we get the ball forward?
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

If Mark Viduka was such a wonderful hold up player and far superior to Didier Drogba, why did he not play for the big clubs?

Take nothing away from Dukes, he was a fantastic player but in comparison to Drogba he is poor

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Any particular reason you changed your signature Seriously?:p
seriously
seriously
Pro

Funky Munky wrote:

2 reasons:

1. The guy couldn't spell Shearer

2. This one looks more mystic.
seriously
seriously
Pro

marconi101 wrote:
If Mark Viduka was such a wonderful hold up player and far superior to Didier Drogba, why did he not play for the big clubs?

Take nothing away from Dukes, he was a fantastic player but in comparison to Drogba he is poor

Im not comparing him in the striking role. Im saying in the holding role Viduka is far superior. I saw drogba a few weeks ago play and he struggled to hold off one defender.
seriously
seriously
Pro

Comments About Mark Viduka:

Tim Cahill:

“He’s a player of stature and brings to the team his experience, knowledge and goals,” Cahill was quoted as saying in Friday’s press.
“Playing off ‘Dukes’ in the last World Cup, people question that he doesn’t get his goals, but he does all the ugly work, holds the ball up, makes us look good, makes me look good."

Mark Schwarzer:

""You've got to be crazy to say you don't want a fit Mark Viduka, an enthusiastic, determined Mark Viduka in your squad," Schwarzer said, according to skysports.com."

Pim Verbeek:

""Nobody can do the same as Mark Viduka. I have seen enough games in England and Europe - he is special.

"You don't see players like him very often. He is so important for the team he is playing at.

Alan Shearer:

“He’s got experience, which is what’s going to be needed on Monday evening, because of the occasion.”

“We’ve got to try to get people nearer to him when he’s actually winning headers, or when the ball’s coming into him.

“We’ve got to get people nearer to him to run off him, because we know when we get the ball to his feet, most times it’ll stick.”

Need i go on?

australiantibullus
australiantibullus
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

seriously wrote:

Need i go on?

No, but you will.
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Seriously serious
seriously
seriously
Pro

australiantibullus wrote:
seriously wrote:

Need i go on?

No, but you will.

Yes i will. Until he plays again or announces his retirement officially.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

seriously wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

2 reasons:

1. The guy couldn't spell Shearer

2. This one looks more mystic.

:lol:
I was wondering how long it would take you, or anyone else to notice.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

It has been getting pointed out for ages.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

O Rly. I haven't seen it anywhere. But if you say so.
seriously
seriously
Pro

Funky Munky wrote:

ACtually you were the first person to point it out. Guest lying out of his arse again. Nothing new i guess.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

seriously wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

ACtually you were the first person to point it out. Guest lying out of his arse again. Nothing new i guess.

Actually no Guest isn't lying.

It was Afro or Guest that pointed it out before IIRC. I may be wrong about who it was but someone did mention it.
seriously
seriously
Pro

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
seriously wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Actually no Guest isn't lying.

It was Afro or Guest that pointed it out before IIRC. I may be wrong about who it was but someone did mention it.

It was funky who noticed the spelling error.
CarlosMiller
CarlosMiller
Under 7s
Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)

He is world class Viduka he should really be playing for Barcalona imo

He is tactically and technically superior
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search