Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can't find the movies thread.

Anyone read tomorow when the war began series????

Well, the first movie is coming out, looks alright, and Ellie is played by Caitlin Stasey =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

The teaser trailer came out the other day.

[youtube]Qxb8rgq_Un8[/youtube]

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I always wondered when, rather than if, they would make these movies.

Dunno about the casting. Ellie is too hot, Lee is too ugly, Homer isn't bulky and Greek enough, Corrie not ranga enough.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Saw A-Team today. Was pretty good worth it imo.

saw The Losers on Monday. Was excellent and saw t for just $8. Gotta love being a student:lol:
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

notorganic wrote:

Dunno about the casting. Ellie is too hot, Lee is too ugly, Homer isn't bulky and Greek enough, Corrie not ranga enough.

Agree 100% with your casting analysis but I was ex[ecting this to be very low budeget and shit but the trailer looks decent
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:

saw The Losers on Monday. Was excellent and saw t for just $8. Gotta love being a student:lol:

Same. Was really good but thought it was going to be crap.
skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

watched football is god the other night on sbs, is about boca juniors fans who have made a church of maradonna
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Nico wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I liked the look of this from the ads, glad to hear its decent.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Agree 100% with your casting analysis but I was ex[ecting this to be very low budeget and shit but the trailer looks decent

+1, but it's been taken on board by Paramount Pictures and the guy whose written the script and helping direct it is Stuart Beattiem who did Australia and Pirates of the Carribean, Black Pearl.

They're all young Aussie upcoming actors so it's good. Catlin Stacey :P, that's the reason why she dropped out of Neighbours, to take on this film.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

notorganic wrote:

Ellie's supposed to be hot. That's the impression i got when i was reading the books.

Lee can't help being ugly.

The bloke who plays Homer is actually Turkish/Australian, and instead of being 'fat & bulky' they've made him muscly with a 6-pack (somthing for Sfan to drool over). I know in the books he starts of tubby, then loses it.

We don't want to scare the children with Corrie's ranganess now do we. :lol:

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Can't wait for it, it looks great
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Ellie's supposed to be hot. That's the impression i got when i was reading the books.

Lee can't help being ugly.

The bloke who plays Homer is actually Turkish/Australian, and instead of being 'fat & bulky' they've made him muscly with a 6-pack (somthing for Sfan to drool over). I know in the books he starts of tubby, then loses it.

We don't want to scare the children with Corrie's ranganess now do we. :lol:

Ellie was meant to be hot, but a bit chubby at the start so she had a negative body image.

Lee was meant to be half-cast and was meant to be good looking.

Homer is meant to be a tank, regardless of whether he's chubby or not he's meant to be big. Remember in the books there's a bit where he gets captured and he takes on six of the enemy before they take him down.

I'm really looking forward to this movie to see how far through the series they go with it and how long they make the movie...but I can't help but feel it's going to be a one-off and they'll butcher things.

I spent last night watching the two Boondock movies. Great stuff. Got L4yer Cake and Snatch to watch tonight.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Got L4yer Cake and Snatch to watch tonight.

It's like you've taken two of the most quotable movies ever made and decided to mash them together.

I like the cut of your jib.

BTW: I never got the impression that Ellie was 'hot' from the books. That was Fi's role (who I think looks pretty spot on). I always imagined Ellie as more as a slightly muscular, slightly tubby working farm girl.

Lee is always described as lean and "attractive", with long piano playing fingers. I think he was Viet even though his parents owned and ran a Chinese restaurant from the books, wasn't he?

As for Homer - yeah, he was meant to be big, stocky and bulky. Saw the actor for Chris, too... who looks short and tubby when I always pictured him as a tall, lanky bohemian type.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

Ellie was meant to be hot, but a bit chubby at the start so she had a negative body image.

Lee was meant to be half-cast and was meant to be good looking.

Homer is meant to be a tank, regardless of whether he's chubby or not he's meant to be big. Remember in the books there's a bit where he gets captured and he takes on six of the enemy before they take him down.

I'm really looking forward to this movie to see how far through the series they go with it and how long they make the movie...but I can't help but feel it's going to be a one-off and they'll butcher things.

I spent last night watching the two Boondock movies. Great stuff. Got L4yer Cake and Snatch to watch tonight.

I agree Ellie was meant to be attractive but not stunningly so, Stacey isn't how I imagined her but Im willing to accept that=p~. There is a quote in the first book I think where Ellie describes the motions of Fi as gracefull and rabbit like whereas she likens herself to an akward pony. Homer was meant to be tank from the begining and he develops even more as the text progresses, like afro says he had some moments of freak strength in the series.

Boondock Saints series is easily my favourite film series, by far.

I watched City of God the other day too and it is superb
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Nico wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I had no expectations going into it because it was a spur of the moment thing which made it even better.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
Nico wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I had no expectations going into it because it was a spur of the moment thing which made it even better.

I started watching it last night, but fell asleep after the first 20mins or so. Not that it was boring, just that I started watching it at 4am.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Got L4yer Cake and Snatch to watch tonight.

It's like you've taken two of the most quotable movies ever made and decided to mash them together.

I like the cut of your jib.

BTW: I never got the impression that Ellie was 'hot' from the books. That was Fi's role (who I think looks pretty spot on). I always imagined Ellie as more as a slightly muscular, slightly tubby working farm girl.

Lee is always described as lean and "attractive", with long piano playing fingers. I think he was Viet even though his parents owned and ran a Chinese restaurant from the books, wasn't he?

As for Homer - yeah, he was meant to be big, stocky and bulky. Saw the actor for Chris, too... who looks short and tubby when I always pictured him as a tall, lanky bohemian type.

"You can call me Susan if it makes you happy." Love that quote.

I don't know whether it was 'hot' per-se, but she was definitely not unattractive. She had definite negative body image issues. Fi was meant to be gorgeous so they've definitely got that.

IIRC, Lee was half-caste and his father wasn't asian. His mother ran the chinese shop in town. Or vica versa.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Whats the song in the teaser for TWTWB called?

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

It's Fader by The Temper Trap Heiny. Good song.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I know that song and I just can't think of it. that's going to drive me nuts the rest of the night. Damn you Heiny.

Phoebe Tonkin and Caitiln Stasey. Do want.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Cheers Benjo :D.

Now downloaded!!!

And i agree, I want Caitlin Stacey :lol: So evnyous of the Asian guy who plays Lee probably gets to snog her several time.

I wonder if they'll show the sex scene between them two in the 2nd movie. Stacey getting her kit off. mmmmmmmmm

Edited by heineken: 11/6/2010 10:44:16 PM

buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

I wonder if they'll show the sex scene between them two in the movie. Stacey getting her kit off. mmmmmmmmm

\:d/
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Heineken wrote:
And i agree, I want Caitlin Stacey :lol: So evnyous of the Asian guy who plays Lee probably gets to snog her several time.

I wonder if they'll show the sex scene between them two in the 2nd movie. Stacey getting her kit off. mmmmmmmmm

Have you read the book series? They can't NOT have the spa sex scene. Mind you...it depends on how many books they're cramming into the one movie. Hopefully they don't go far past The Third Day, The Frost.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Have you read the book series? They can't NOT have the spa sex scene. Mind you...it depends on how many books they're cramming into the one movie. Hopefully they don't go far past The Third Day, The Frost.

They gotta do a move for each book. Including the Ellie Chronicles IMO. That's pretty important if you have read those.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

I'd probably be more excited for this if it was about 5 years ago. Now, it just seems Meh to me.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Heineken wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Heineken wrote:

They gotta do a move for each book. Including the Ellie Chronicles IMO. That's pretty important if you have read those.

I haven't read the Ellie Chronicles. And there was one book...the one where Ellie gets separated from the rest of thr group and lost in the bush...that wasn't a particularly good book bar the sex scenes.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

damn i havent read them books in a long time , should get back to reading books again besides the serial killers ones by philip carlo
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Still have Fired Up as my favourite movie...I want to watch it right now.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I can't believe how good Silence of the Lambs is. One of those movies that you can just watch over and over again

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Saw Zombieland the other day. So awsome. I do have to say though, how daft is Bill Muarry. Seriously; people with loaded guns and you want to freak them out. What did you expect?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Spoiler tags, rocknerd.
marconi101 wrote:
I can't believe how good Silence of the Lambs is. One of those movies that you can just watch over and over again

The whole trilogy is just excellent. I watched Red Dragon a couple of weeks ago, awesome stuff.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search