That's not Micky: Marrone defended after ball boy tackle [Comments]

That's not Micky: Marrone defended after ball boy tackle [Comments]

Author
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Bugger - no Roar v Adelaide home games.

I think it is worth some sort of signage at the start of home games against Adelaide to let Marrone know that supporters of the sport are on his side.

Take them down after a few minutes of course - as he is still an opposition prick once the game gets underway...

But seriously think letting him know that we don't think he did wrong is what he deserves.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

aussie pride - 29 Nov 2017 7:50 AM
Absolute bullshit, Marrone doesn't deserve a month off the pitch for that debacle.

I hope Greg Griffin instructs his ball boys on Friday night to refuse to hand the ball back to Sydney as it's not deemed an acceptable practise and they can bait the opposition players intentionally.

If I was a ballboy I'd be taking it upon myself to do so now that's for sure> If for nothing else but the cheer you'd get for the gag. Just for this one game. Pity Simon isn't playing really as it would have been set up for a fair bit of fun to be had Friday night.

Trouble is, I feel like the kids at Hindmarsh are much younger and not 13 year olds instructed to waste time.

Anyway, at least it's only really 2 games and he has served 1. Any more would have been just a trial by media reaction pandering to hysterical Sunrise watching type people.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Absolute bullshit, Marrone doesn't deserve a month off the pitch for that debacle.

I hope Greg Griffin instructs his ball boys on Friday night to refuse to hand the ball back to Sydney as it's not deemed an acceptable practise and they can bait the opposition players intentionally.
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

What a load of horse shit. So Simon gets nothing for assault and whats the story with 'their' kid. What's happening there?? AU should appeal this. The committee has ruled in just as reactionary a way as Simon did charging in like a fuckhead, they had a week to get this right and they got it WRONG. Pissweak ffa.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Yer total 💩 tbh
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

boooooo 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

The Adelaide United defender has been handed a four-match ban with two suspended after fronting Football Federation Australia's independent disciplinary and ethics committee in Sydney on Tuesday night.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/a/38041705/michael-marrone-receives-ffa-punishment-for-ball-boy-clash/

Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Seeing the angle on Just for Kicks it is quite clear Marrone asked for the ball to be thrown to him. The ball boy then is limping and not throwing the ball. Marrone then runs to the boy, why wouldn't he if the ball boy is saying he cannot throw it to him. Making contact and pushing the ball boy over is a mistake but it is clearly a very minor offence. A red card, one game suspension and move on. Anything else is just ridiculous overkill.
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Decentric - 24 Nov 2017 10:29 AM
Roar in me Blood - 23 Nov 2017 10:47 PM

Agree with all this.

There are too many kids like him these days. I know too many of them.

The kid is responsible for his actions and should have suitable consequences. That doesn't justify Marrone's actions. He too is responsible for his own actions and likewise should receive suitable sanctions. Just because one person did wrong it does not follow that the other person did right.
Matt Simon is just totally irresponsible.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Roar in me Blood - 23 Nov 2017 10:47 PM
Munrubenmuz - 23 Nov 2017 9:22 PM

I'd go so far as to say the kid caused the contact and not the other way around.

Marrone had a right to reach for the ball. He is a paid professional player in a game that means something to him, to his club and to a lot of other people (personally, in most games not involving the Roar I hope for alien abduction of both teams as the nest outcome - but I don't want to water down my point). He had a right to expect the ball boy to pass him the ball and the last thing that would have gone through his head is that the ball boy would play games with him. He had a right to expect the ball boy to be equally professional at this level; let alone in such a key match.

The child is entirely at fault in causing what has no doubt been considerable damage to Marrone, and the sport that we are all wanting to clean up.

This is not a case of bad player touching boy - it is a case of badly behaved child seriously impacting on the reputation, ability to earn and right to play of another person.

It sits well above club loyalty as an issue, and Marrone should be afforded the respect and sympathy he deserves for what he has and is going through.

Agree with all this.

There are too many kids like him these days. I know too many of them.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
That cheeky brat should've given the ball straight to any player.

He is typical of some the arrogant, cheeky brats I've taught, and coached, of his age. They need to learn some humility. He needs to be replaced by a kid with more humility. From experience I'd guess his parents think he can do no wrong.

The good news is the arrogant kids I've coached have been overtaken in  reaching senior NPL level by more humble, more deserving and hardworking teammates in the long run.

I don't condone what Marrone did either.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Why not give the player the ball like you are supposed to. But na lets turn this into a Q&A debate with media midget minds.....
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

^ bloody well said. I saw some other footage on Just for Kicks last night that clearly shows the boy feigning injury and hobbling around with Mickey there repeatedly gesturing to receive the ball. It's the clearest footage there is to clearly show what happened so why is this footage so hard to get. Youtube and fox highlights is full of the other footage which isn't so clear. Noone can back the ballboy after seeing this other footage of the kid  ckearly being a dick and Marrone giving him plenty of time to do his job.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 23 Nov 2017 9:22 PM
scott21 - 23 Nov 2017 7:22 PM

Yeah it does.

I'd go so far as to say the kid caused the contact and not the other way around.

Marrone had a right to reach for the ball. He is a paid professional player in a game that means something to him, to his club and to a lot of other people (personally, in most games not involving the Roar I hope for alien abduction of both teams as the nest outcome - but I don't want to water down my point). He had a right to expect the ball boy to pass him the ball and the last thing that would have gone through his head is that the ball boy would play games with him. He had a right to expect the ball boy to be equally professional at this level; let alone in such a key match.

The child is entirely at fault in causing what has no doubt been considerable damage to Marrone, and the sport that we are all wanting to clean up.

This is not a case of bad player touching boy - it is a case of badly behaved child seriously impacting on the reputation, ability to earn and right to play of another person.

It sits well above club loyalty as an issue, and Marrone should be afforded the respect and sympathy he deserves for what he has and is going through.

Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro

Free Michael Marrone ✊
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

On the record Marrone shouldn't have put his hands on him
Off the record he should have slapped him over the head
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 23 Nov 2017 7:15 PM

The way the kid acted does not excuse touching him at all.

Yeah it does.

Member since 2008.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

nickk - 23 Nov 2017 7:48 PM
This about the biggest joke of a topic I have ever seen,
Adelaide, Brisbane, WSW fans have got the biggest chips on their shoulders regards the premier club Sydney FC.
This thread is bodies in the barrel worthy.
The kid did not have enough time to react, the British case it was clear the kid was time wasting.
If Marrone had held off him a few seconds then the kid would have been in trouble.
Instead the fool went in and will cop it big time, and Matt Simon has come up smelling of roses as the kids defender.
Not only have we got the trophy we get to see the saltiest cry baby thread in history.

I am happy for my comments to be viewed by anyone and for them to decide if they are the sour grapes rantings of a salty eyed sook or the genuine neutral thoughts of someone who thinks this issue is big enough to deserve some attention beyond club boundaries.

When you say "The kid did not have enough time to react" - I could not disagree more. He did what he intended to do, and what many forwards for many clubs do when they anticipate contact from behind in the box. Played for and got.

Congratulations on the trophy; your team is playing really well and deserves much of where it is placed - but don't mix opposing thoughts with your own version of one eyed supporting - the kid did the wrong thing on purpose and has been rewarded for it. No ball boy accidentally turns away form the player coming for the ball,.They are taught better than that.

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 23 Nov 2017 7:32 PM

I would agree if Marrone did ram him - but that is the part I disagree with. To my eyes Marrone ran over to get the ball, had no real option other than to make contact when the kid spun round on him, and everything else we see is the kid milking it for all he could.

You would have no reason to run over to a ref like that, so while I agree you would be a goner if you did that to a ref it is different when you are running to get a ball from someone you expect professional service from.

It is clear to me that Marrone did not run over with the intent to tackle the kid and the kid's behaviour is both cause and effect. That is why I suggest Marrone is blameless. Bad behaviour should have its repercussions - and the kid is the only one exhibiting bad behaviour.

Agree 100% with all you have said.  Rewarding that little 5hite is like giving a medal to the ref for awarding the non-free kick to Simon that led to the goal.

nickk
nickk
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

This about the biggest joke of a topic I have ever seen,
Adelaide, Brisbane, WSW fans have got the biggest chips on their shoulders regards the premier club Sydney FC.
This thread is bodies in the barrel worthy.
The kid did not have enough time to react, the British case it was clear the kid was time wasting.
If Marrone had held off him a few seconds then the kid would have been in trouble.
Instead the fool went in and will cop it big time, and Matt Simon has come up smelling of roses as the kids defender.
Not only have we got the trophy we get to see the saltiest cry baby thread in history.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Dan_The_Red - 23 Nov 2017 7:38 PM
Kid needs his legs broken, simple as that.

If that could be done metaphorically I might agree with you.

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I wonder if the kids the son of any of the Sydney staff and players..
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Kid needs his legs broken, simple as that.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

I dont agree with what the kid did and yeah he turned his back and fell/dove. 

But, it doesnt excuse Marrone ramming into him. If the kid hadnt turned he may have tackled him It is speculation. the impact forced the kid to fall. If he did the same to the ref he would get a long ban. 

I would agree if Marrone did ram him - but that is the part I disagree with. To my eyes Marrone ran over to get the ball, had no real option other than to make contact when the kid spun round on him, and everything else we see is the kid milking it for all he could.

You would have no reason to run over to a ref like that, so while I agree you would be a goner if you did that to a ref it is different when you are running to get a ball from someone you expect professional service from.

It is clear to me that Marrone did not run over with the intent to tackle the kid and the kid's behaviour is both cause and effect. That is why I suggest Marrone is blameless. Bad behaviour should have its repercussions - and the kid is the only one exhibiting bad behaviour.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

I have watched it as a neutral and calmly, and for my part I think Marrone is blameless. He has done nothing more than run to get a ball that should have been offered to him. He has not man handled anyone - and I doubt you could man handle a turd anyway. If you run to get a ball and the person turns away, the first and totally natural reaction is to reach for it, No violence, no offence.

I dont agree with what the kid did and yeah he turned his back and fell/dove. 

But, it doesnt excuse Marrone ramming into him. If the kid hadnt turned he may have tackled him It is speculation. the impact forced the kid to fall. If he did the same to the ref he would get a long ban. 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

I have watched it as a neutral and calmly, and for my part I think Marrone is blameless. He has done nothing more than run to get a ball that should have been offered to him. He has not man handled anyone - and I doubt you could man handle a turd anyway. If you run to get a ball and the person turns away, the first and totally natural reaction is to reach for it, No violence, no offence.

That the little turd deliberately refused to perform his duty and threw himself down is the only issue here - aside from Simon getting involved as many have said.

When it happens in a game it is blatant simulation and should be rejected by one and all. It is no different that it involved a ball boy. Marrone did nothing unnatural, nothing violent, and nothing wrong.

Who selects the ball boys? If it is SFC then they should be fined as a club the same as happens when a club's supporters bring the game into disrepute.
If it is the FFA, then they need to take action against the club that he belongs too for the same reason.

The perpetrator is a cheat - in principle regardless of any rules. The outcry is always loud and long when a ref is considered biased. This is more obvious and clearly intended behaviour by an 'offocial',

We don't want this in our game. Next thing will be ball boys who block players running back onto the field at half time - one touch by the player and the kid throws themself down - automatic red card fro the player for touching them as it happens on the pitch even though the game has not restarted. Exactly the same principle.

P|ss off SFC for supporting and rewarding the behaviour.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 23 Nov 2017 6:00 PM
If that was my child , they'll cop a earful. As a parent we teach our kids to be good sports and not right old    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s. I'll be horrified 9f my 3 kids did this as it'll make the wife and I feel like we failed as parents

Cobber is lucky he wasnt a girl. 
Bozza1#
Bozza1#
Amateur
Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)Amateur (537 reputation)

I want to know who told him to pretend to cramp up? Didn't the father say that it's shameful what Marrone did? Pot calling the kettle black.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

If that was my child , they'll cop a earful. As a parent we teach our kids to be good sports and not right old    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s. I'll be horrified 9f my 3 kids did this as it'll make the wife and I feel like we failed as parents
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search