Star Wars

Star Wars

Author
f1worldchamp
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Neanderthal wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Neanderthal wrote:
f1worldchamp wrote:
Neanderthal wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Neanderthal wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Report today that Episode XII could focus on the Skywalker and Solo children.

Would be a little upset if Luke had a child. That's very un-Jedi like.

Better not read any of the extended universe material set after Jedi then :lol: :p

Yeah I know about the "EU". I happily disregard it as alot of it is nonsensical anyway. I can't disregard what happens in the movies though.

My understanding was that the EU was sanctioned by Lucasfilm and they ensured the whole process was linear, ie different books couldn't have events happening at the same time on the timeline and authors had to honour each others work, so a character who died can't reappear in a book set afterwards on the timeline.
For me this makes the EU a lot more relevant that other series where novels havn't been as cohesive.
It'd actually be a bit disapointing to if the new movies muddy the waters and deviate completely from the EU.

They will completely deviate from the EU and so they should. Most of EU just isn't marketable blockbuster material. And alot of the story lines sound very stupid and petty to me.
Apparently Chewbacca dies from a moon falling on him...?

I hear the first book series was decent. But it had no lightsaber fights.............. so it won't get a movie.

I think the EU will soon become known as the AU (Alternate Universe).

It's Star Wars. Those two words are all it needs to be marketable blockbuster material. I mean just look at how much money the prequels made and how nonsensical some of that shit was :lol:.

All you need to do is put Star Wars in the title and you're guaranteed a blockbuster.

True that.
But it wouldn't be as big of a blockbuster.

Theres huge mystery at the moment as to how the star wars universe will be 40 years in the future, who's the bad guy, what will happen raar raar. People are on forums buzzing and speculating.
Most would be majorly let down if it was the lacklustre EU stories and the movie would have less hype around release time.

Lightsaber fights are the big money card of the movie franchise and they won't go without them except maybe in the spinoffs about Bobba or Han.

I think they've already confirmed it will be original story anyway haven't they?

I do beleive the new movies will be all new storylines, but that doesn't mean they can't co-exist with the EU.
Yes Chewbacca dies while they are trying to rescue people from a planet where it's moon has fallen out of orbit and is headed for the planet. Young Anakin (Han and Leis's son) flies off to save all the people on the ship, but before Chewie can get on. It was very well written actually. Which is kind of my point. The first 3 prequels pretty much shat on all exisiting fans at the time. It would be nice if these new movies gave something to the fans who hung around and took in the EU. Not make them feel like their time was wasted.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:

Hamill, Ford in talks to reprise Star Wars roles

February 21, 2013 - 8:57PM

The original Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill, has confirmed he and Harrison Ford are in talks to reprise their sci-fi heroes for the new Star Wars film, revealing franchise creator George Lucas insisted the iconic characters should be killed off if the actors didn't want to be a part of Episode VII.

Hamill says Lucas told him of his plans to sell Star Wars to executives at Disney, and their proposals to continue the epic movie series, before the movie mogul announced the trade last year.

And Lucas told his actor pal he wanted him back on screen, alongside Ford and Carrie Fisher - if he wished to be a part of the new JJ Abrams-directed film.

Hamill tells US news show Entertainment Tonight: "They're talking to us. George wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts - they would write us out.

"We haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed."

Prior to that meeting, Hamill can only guess how screenwriter Arndt will use his character.

"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring - like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan (Kenobi) range... I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots."

WENN adb

21-02-13 1915

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/hamill-ford-in-talks-to-reprise-star-wars-roles-20130221-2eu9s.html#ixzz2LWsrzhVP

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:

Kirk is on a new mission
Published: 11 hrs ago

STAR Trek legend William Shatner is gearing up for a role in the next Star Wars movie – in 2015.

Shatner, Star Trek’s Captain James T Kirk in the TV and film series, is wooing director J J Abrams who is helming the Star Wars film.

Abrams also made a revamped Star Trek movie in 2009 with Simon Pegg – and follow-up Star Trek Into Darkness, out this summer.

But controversially, there were no roles for Shatner who has been critical of Abrams’ helming of both Star Trek and Star Wars.

He said: “He’s being a pig. He’s collecting the two franchises and holding them close to his vest. He’s probably the most talented director of that ilk but he’s gone too far.”

Yet Shatner added: “I think of J J as a buddy. I’ve taken him out for sushi. It’s time for us to have another sushi and me to put him straight about two of the largest franchises and how not employing me is foolhardy.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4807209/Captain-Kirk-is-preparing-for-a-new-mission.html#ixzz2LdFflapz

Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Disney to release new Star Wars movie every year from 2015

DISNEY is turning Star Wars films into an annual summer ritual.

Walt Disney Co. chairman Alan Horn announced Wednesday that the studio would release films set in a galaxy far, far away every year starting in 2015.

The parade of films will start with Star Wars: Episode VII, directed by J.J. Abrams.

Horn said the studio will then alternate films in the new Star Wars trilogies with spin off films drawn from the same universe.

He made the announcement during a presentation at the movie theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

Disney announced plans to reboot the space franchise after buying Lucasfilm Ltd. last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/movies/disney-to-release-new-star-wars-movie-every-year-from-2015/story-e6frf9h6-1226623422770

BIGHUX
BIGHUX
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I know purists will say this is a bad thing but i love the idea of a new movie every year
catbert
catbert
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

BIGHUX wrote:
I know purists will say this is a bad thing but i love the idea of a new movie every year

I can't, sounds like everything is going to be rushed out as fast as can be for the sake of ripping every last dollar out.
ozboy
ozboy
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Suck that mango, Hollywood. People are easily pleased.....
MusikResponse
MusikResponse
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Star Wars looking to become the Call of Duty of films. Please dont do this.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

A movie every year didn't seem to hurt Marvel? Since 2008 there has been only 1 year(2009) with no Marvel movie tied to the Avengers released.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

BIGHUX wrote:

Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Faces of rage: Why Harrison got so cranky

Screen legend Harrison Ford and the stars of the original Star Wars flicks have been peppered with questions over the past few months. Will we see them in the new Star Wars sequels? Have they started filming yet?

Ford, who played Han Solo, and the actors who played Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker have (awkwardly) dodged giving straight answers.

"I, I, I uh, I can't uh... I, you know... there's nothing... I can't talk about it," Ford said on Jimmy Kimmel Live at the weekend, begging off the question.

What followed - Ford shaking in "rage" and "storming" off the set in a dramatic performance - should be broadcast at every Acting 101 class.

Turns out there were several bitter intergalactic visitors in the audience. "Do... do you like movies?" a broken-hearted Jedi Knight asked.

Ford slow-cooked in rage.

A question from his on-screen love interest, Princess Leia, also failed too lift his mood.

Probably because she was wearing a beard - as well as her trademark cinnamon scrolls.

But when his alien co-pilot Chewbacca turned up, the star lost his composure altogether.

"You're the one who couldn't keep it in your, in your furry pants!" he cried, pointing the finger at him in a scene more Jerry Springer than Jimmy Kimmel.

When Kimmel asked what had happened to the one-time best pals, dirty Wookiee-human laundry was flung into the open.

"He knows what he did," said Ford, who has made a career out of playing fiery rogues.

"She was my wife. You Wookiee sack of s---!"

Ford stormed off the set, but it's likely he'll be storming back onto our screens soon.

In an interview with Bloomberg last month, George Lucas all but confirmed Ford will be back for the next Star Wars film in 2015.

Mr Lucas said: "We had already signed Mark (Hamill) and Carrie (Fisher) and Harrison - or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation."

Then he paused. "Maybe I'm not suppose to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do."

Getting Ford and Chewbacca in the same room together might be Disney's next challenge.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/faces-of-rage-why-harrison-got-so-cranky/story-e6frf96o-1226625869433
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

BIGHUX wrote:

Same. I really like Star Wars, but I don't love it enough to regard it as something sacred that must not be touched.
I'll be able to enjoy the new ones without worrying about what it does to Star Wars legacy too much.

Can understand those who are like that though. I'd be the same if it was Lord of the Rings.

catbert wrote:
BIGHUX wrote:

I can't, sounds like everything is going to be rushed out as fast as can be for the sake of ripping every last dollar out.

Not Necessarily rushed.
It will be a near entirely separate cast and crew for each following movie.

For example it might be JJ, Arnt and co developing Ep7 simultaneously with Tarantino and an entirely seperate crew and cast develop Boba Fetts revenge....

Could raise issues of consistency though.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

The prequel trilogy wasn't rushed - certainly not Episode I - and that was the poorest script of the entire series. The fact that these new movies aren't being made by Lucas is a huge plus as he is the luckiest hack in Hollywood - one good idea - the Lightsabre - has carried him to billions of dollars.

Interesting to read a Q&A with Mark Hamill on AICN today in which he basically acknowledges that Lucas's lack of ideas almost killed ROTJ.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Quote:

Today it was announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. and Disney Interactive are entering into a multi-year, multi-title exclusive licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) for the creation of new high quality Star Wars games aimed at the core gaming audience and spanning multiple genres for console, PC, mobile, and tablets.

Industry leaders and creators of best-in-class blockbuster games, the development and publishing teams at EA will collaborate with the creative teams at Lucasfilm to provide audiences with all-new gaming experiences set in the ever-expanding Star Wars galaxy. As part of the agreement, EA studio teams DICE (Battlefield series) and Visceral (Dead Space series) will join BioWare (Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic) in the development of new Star Wars games.

"Our number one objective was to find a developer who could consistently deliver our fans great Star Wars games for years to come," said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. "When we looked at the talent of the teams that EA was committing to our games and the quality of their vision for Star Wars, the choice was clear."

While EA studios will develop for the core Star Wars gaming audience, Disney Interactive will focus on delivering new Star Wars games for casual audiences on mobile, social, tablet, and online gaming platforms.

"This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come," said John Pleasants, co-president of Disney Interactive. "Collaborating with one of the world's premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to fans around the world."

"Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe," said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. "Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay."

More information, including titles in development, will be announced in the coming months. Continue to check StarWars.com for updates on the future of Star Wars gaming.

http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

A few days old but needs to be in this thread. Thank the heavens for EA <3
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Fuck EA
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Please battlefront 3.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

433 wrote:
Fuck EA

switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

im so over star wars all i ever wanted was the original cut of the movie on dvd. And i can never find it, you can only get it on VHS fuck george lucas.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Jedi fight ... how Florence Welch might look
Flobi Wan: Welch lands leading role in new Star Wars
Exclusive
By PETE SAMSON, US Editor
Published: f15 hrs ago

POP diva Florence Welch is being lined up for a leading role in the new Star Wars movie trilogy.

But the Florence and the Machine singer, 26, won’t be moving far, far away from her South London roots — after The Sun revealed how the films will be shot in Britain.
Last night a Star Wars insider said: “We think Florence has the exact style we are looking for.
“She has done some acting but it was her singing on stage that initially caught the eye.
“Almost every actress in Hollywood wants a role in the new movies but we are keen to cast people who are unexpected.
“Florence is being considered for a major part that would turn her into an A-list actress overnight.”
Disney bought the Star Wars franchise from creator George Lucas’s film company for £2.6 billion last year.
Shooting of Episode VII — directed by JJ Abrams — is due to start early next year with release planned for 2015.
Original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are all expected to return.
Michael Jackson’s kids, Prince, 16, and Paris, 15, are pushing for auditions.
p.samson@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4950400/florence-welch-to-star-in-new-star-wars-trilogy.html#ixzz2UyU92nQe
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Exclusive

POP diva Florence Welch is being lined up for a leading role in the new Star Wars movie trilogy.

But the Florence and the Machine singer, 26, won’t be moving far, far away from her South London roots — after The Sun revealed how the films will be shot in Britain.
Last night a Star Wars insider said: “We think Florence has the exact style we are looking for.
“She has done some acting but it was her singing on stage that initially caught the eye.
“Almost every actress in Hollywood wants a role in the new movies but we are keen to cast people who are unexpected.
“Florence is being considered for a major part that would turn her into an A-list actress overnight.”
Disney bought the Star Wars franchise from creator George Lucas’s film company for £2.6 billion last year.
Shooting of Episode VII — directed by JJ Abrams — is due to start early next year with release planned for 2015.
Original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are all expected to return.
p.samson@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4950400/florence-welch-to-star-in-new-star-wars-trilogy.html#ixzz2UyU92nQe
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Joffa wrote:

Exclusive

p.samson@the-sun.co.uk

Starting to sound shit
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

She'll be playing Emperor Palpatine.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

She'll be playing Emperor Palpatine's...arse

Fixed
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Fuck EA but please battlefront 3.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4419264/ea-star-wars-battlefront-announce-trailer

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[youtube]Cmo-YYoHnGs[/youtube]
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

WTF is this shit?

Luke doesn't have a green lightsaber in Empire ffs ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Seriously. If you are going to bother to make an entire movie as 4-bit art. Get the most basic details right.

/nerdrage
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

His saber changes between blue and green i noticed(in this .gif)

Edited by iridium1010: 13/6/2013 01:26:08 PM
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4419264/ea-star-wars-battlefront-announce-trailer

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[youtube]Cmo-YYoHnGs[/youtube]

;)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search